Hewitt & The U.S Open

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

DYSON#2

Hewitt & The U.S Open

Post by DYSON#2 »

hows our boy going to fair?
His 1st round match currently suspended due to rain and he is locked 5-5 in the 1st set against Montanes.

My money on...well, the fed
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

lol course the fed will win hewiit will be lucky to make the semi's
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Jazz_84 wrote:lol course the fed will win hewiit will be lucky to make the semi's
Hewitt will be lucky to get to the second week.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:lol course the fed will win hewiit will be lucky to make the semi's
Hewitt will be lucky to get to the second week.
haha iw as going to say 3rd round but he should make it to at least the finals
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Through to the 2nd round in straight sets
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Didnt watch his game..... my support of him depends on one key question........... Do they do regular Bec flashes?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Roger won't lose a set...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

boncer34 wrote:Didnt watch his game..... my support of him depends on one key question........... Do they do regular Bec flashes?
:D :D :D

However, I reckon no amount of Bec flashes can cancel out Hewitt.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robrulz5 wrote:Roger won't lose a set...
Probably right. Except to maybe Nadal or Nalbandian, and maybe Baghdatis if he runs hot for a set or two.

Expect another Nadal v Federer final for sure.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

j-mac wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Didnt watch his game..... my support of him depends on one key question........... Do they do regular Bec flashes?
:D :D :D

However, I reckon no amount of Bec flashes can cancel out Hewitt.
Depends on what she flashes.......
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Probably right. Except to maybe Nadal or Nalbandian, and maybe Baghdatis if he runs hot for a set or two.

If Federer starts to play his best on the fast surface Nadal will struggle to hold serve.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robrulz5 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

If Federer starts to play his best on the fast surface Nadal will struggle to hold serve.
I'm not so sure; i reckon the gap between Nadal and Federer is closing pretty quick right now. In any event, they're clearly the 2 best in the world at the moment.

I take that cue from the Wimbledon final a few months back. Grass is certainly Nadal's worst surface, and arguably Federer's best, and yet Nadal was very competitive (at least for a few sets, anyway). OK, Fed probably wasn't playing his best in that match and Nadal was, but for anyone to be seriously competitive against Federer on grass indicates they're pretty damn good. You know someone's a bloody amazing player when they're born and bred on the slow clay courts of Spain and yet can still press Federer for the Wimbledon title.

What'll be interesting over the next 3 or so years between these two is who's going to take the other's favourite title - do you reckon Federer will win the French before Nadal wins Wimbledon? That to me is going to be the most interesting part of their respective careers.

So, presuming Fed and Nadal meet in the final next week, i reckon it'll be a cracker of a match. Current odds for the title are Fed @ about $1.60 and Nadal at about $5. If i had a pair i'd put some $$$ on Nadal at those odds, but i'm never game to bet on tennis courtesy of being badly burned a few times in that past :oops: :x .
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Agassi to win in his last ever Grand Slam event. It'd be nice wouldn't it...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Boyler_Room wrote:Agassi to win in his last ever Grand Slam event. It'd be nice wouldn't it...
Out today in four sets

Hewitt through in straight sets
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

End of an era. Agassi is retiring isn't he?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

billyduckworth wrote:End of an era. Agassi is retiring isn't he?
Yes...this was his last tournament

Hewitt through to the quarters in five sets (led two sets to love)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

I'm not so sure; i reckon the gap between Nadal and Federer is closing pretty quick right now. In any event, they're clearly the 2 best in the world at the moment.

I take that cue from the Wimbledon final a few months back. Grass is certainly Nadal's worst surface, and arguably Federer's best, and yet Nadal was very competitive (at least for a few sets, anyway). OK, Fed probably wasn't playing his best in that match and Nadal was, but for anyone to be seriously competitive against Federer on grass indicates they're pretty damn good. You know someone's a bloody amazing player when they're born and bred on the slow clay courts of Spain and yet can still press Federer for the Wimbledon title.

What'll be interesting over the next 3 or so years between these two is who's going to take the other's favourite title - do you reckon Federer will win the French before Nadal wins Wimbledon? That to me is going to be the most interesting part of their respective careers.

So, presuming Fed and Nadal meet in the final next week, i reckon it'll be a cracker of a match. Current odds for the title are Fed @ about $1.60 and Nadal at about $5. If i had a pair i'd put some $$$ on Nadal at those odds, but i'm never game to bet on tennis courtesy of being badly burned a few times in that past :oops: :x .
You have some good points as Nadal is adapting to different surfaces very well. The only thing about Wimbledon was that the surface seemd to be very slow this year which suits Nadal.

They will both stay #1 and 2 for a long time to come and I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal overtakes Federer as the amount of claycourt events far outweighs anything else.
Blidge
On the Rookie List

Post by Blidge »

Well this shut a few of you up didn't it.

Nadel Out, Hewitt playing Roddick in the quarters.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Hewitt smashed! Image

Interesting that Nadal lost to a virtual nobody.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.