FIFA World Cup Thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Post by Sismis »

Crazyman wrote:
Sismis wrote:DO YOUR BIT! Get your lucky jocks on!

Get your SOLO Lucky Undies and support your boys in South Africa.

We beat the Kiwis and the Danes. But we’ve drawn a pretty tough group in South Africa. You never know what a little bit of luck could do for the QANTAS Socceroos. That’s why we need you (and every other fan in the nation) to pull on a pair of SOLO Lucky Undies everytime our boys take the field.

Get your SOLO Lucky Undies from COLES and COLES EXPRESS or take the Lucky Pledge at sololuckyundies.com.au You better hurry, these fine garments of luck are getting snapped up quick smart.

Our website is up and raring to go. There’s a load of lucky things on there you can do to support your boys.

And you’ll get a bunch of exclusive content from the QANTAS Socceroos if you ‘Like’ us on Facebook.

So C’mon Australia! Get behind your boys. Undies on. Game on.

http://www.sololuckyundies.com.au/
Was this a post or a spamming advertisement that I generally avoid like the plague?? :mrgreen:
It is for real, I just got mine today! You just have to buy 2 solo products from either Coles or Coles Express! GET ON BOARD!
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Anyone getting excited ?

I can hardly concentrate today.

I have free tickets to the cats game on Saturday for medallion club but all I can think about is the WC. I'm getting up to watch france and uruguay tommorow morning and desparately hoping that the aussies can sneak a victory on monday morning.

Game 1 - Prediction :Germany go ahea in first half. Valeri subbs for Grella early in the second half and Chipperfield scores second half equaliser.

Can't believe this thread was languishing under the F1 and French Open thread. What is it with the heathen around here :-s :-s
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

hillchaser wrote:Anyone getting excited ?

I have free tickets to the cats game on Saturday for medallion club but all I can think about is the WC. I'm getting up to watch france and uruguay tommorow morning and desparately hoping that the aussies can sneak a victory on monday morning.

Game 1 - Prediction :Germany go ahea in first half. Valeri subbs for Grella early in the second half and Chipperfield scores second half equaliser.

Can't believe this thread was languishing under the F1 and French Open thread. What is it with the heathen around here :-s :-s
Yeah, I'm jumping around like an idiot and am planning on getting little to no sleep for the next month. Work has gone football crazy (more so than normal) - I've got the guys from World Cup Fever (which begins tonight on SBS - watch it! <-- PLUG!) just across the hall from me which has me more excited than I would otherwise be! vingertje
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Yep - going crazy ...today. no-one else in my team really cares .. but I'm counting down now. Only 3 hours more to work.

Will be watching World Cup Fever tonight. Looking forward to it !
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I just drew the dirty F****** Itai's in our work World Cup Sweep.. Screw the money, I hope I lose.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He he I got Uruguay in mine!

I'm not a massive round ball fan (nominally follow Newcastle(we're back!) in EPl and Victory) but I love world cup, there is always something to watch!

I am really firing up!

I've started a tipping comp at work which a grand total of 5 people have gotten on board. If anyone want to join it is the same site as the BT tipping and you can use the same login.

Just follow this link:

<http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/FHPark&p=Victory>
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

We've got 32 in our comp.. one team each for the sweep, then everyone tips as well.

Bl00dy hard tipping.. so many $hit teams in the World Cup to choose from.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

hillchaser wrote:Anyone getting excited ?

Nah...not fussed at all...I know I'll end up watching a fair bit of it but only because I enjoy watching top quality sport.

Otherwise no real excitement from me....I'm more interested in seeing if the Lakers can beat the Celtics.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Heading off to be soon, wake up at 12, watch the game, back to sleep by two, up again at 4:30, back to sleep for an hour, then to work. Going to be doing alot of this for the next month!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I start work at 5.45am on Monday morning. I'm planning to watch the first half of Australia's game at home and drive to work during half time and put the TV on when I get there!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Money on the draw tonight! Pumped for the start!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sismis wrote:Money on the draw tonight! Pumped for the start!
Yeah, I've got my dough on 0-0. Lasted til half time, let's hope it stay the same!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Mexico have dominated the 1st half, apart from some brief chances falling to South Efrica.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

SAfas 1 =0!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Be nice if they wouldn't f*** around with the ball every 4 years.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Would also be nice if all those spectators who are blowing those trumpets choked on them and died. f*** it's annoying!

Also, is their a quota for the South Eftrican soccer team? Maybe the cricket team can use it to their advantage next time the issue comes up.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

mexicans hit back! 10 min to go normal time
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Poor marking at the back post and Mexico equalise.

1-1. C'mon Mexico!!!!!

SA have a golden opportunity in the 90th minuteto win, but hit the post
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Rossoneri wrote:Would also be nice if all those spectators who are blowing those trumpets choked on them and died. f*** it's annoying!

Also, is their a quota for the South Eftrican soccer team? Maybe the cricket team can use it to their advantage next time the issue comes up.
Both good calls...especially re the quota.
Even watching the previews they've done on SBS and all the bits they've shot in the streets and live crosses today....you'd swear all the white blokes in SAf have gone on holidays for a month.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

You do realise that roughly 80% of the SAfa population is black?,,,,