Another f****** in Australian Cricket

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Another f****** in Australian Cricket

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Another f****** in Australian Cricket

Post by BenDoolan »

Can't say he hadn't been warned #-o

Really good cricketer. Has some anger issues obviously. I couldn't never understand the tantrums after being dismissed. I thought it only existed at club level where the childish equipment abuse was on show.

Grow up FFS.
Essendunny
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I've thrown many a tantrum after going out so I know what he is going through.

I played with a team mate for many years. The most placid person ever. When he went out he would go into the change rooms and we would count down 5 4 3 2 1 and then it would come. Lockers getting smashed and gear all over the floor. He would then come out of the rooms and be fine. Took that minute to get it out of his system.

The best one I threw was after I was given out caught behind off the shoulder. Stormed into the rooms and my gloves and bat were all over the rooms. As I walked through the door I threw a chair across the rooms nearly hitting a junior padding up who was playing his first senior game. The kid crapped himself. He did go out and make 35not out though.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BERT wrote:I've thrown many a tantrum after going out so I know what he is going through.
haha I thought of you as soon as I read this
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I threw my bat once when I was leaving the field. Good wind up, and let it go with some venom. Straight through the umpires drivers' side window (I didn't mean to hit it). It was a costly exercise, but I thought him driving home with bits of glass poking his arse was karma for his woeful decision when giving me out.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

The best one I have ever seen was when the captain of the side we were playing was given out. It was a howler of a decision. One of those half appeals by the bowler only. Given out by his team mate as well. They were all parked on a hill and most of his team mates were sitting in the back of a panel van. As he was walking off the ground he has hit a can of paint that came out of the back of the panel van and was on the ground. The can opened up covering some of his team mates and the back of the panel van. We had to stop play as we were all laughing so much.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Heard a story on the radio about a guy who got out first ball LBW, started working over his own ute with his bat and broke the rear window with his helmet.

A story like that's gotta be true.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

Gimps wrote:I threw my bat once when I was leaving the field. Good wind up, and let it go with some venom. Straight through the umpires drivers' side window (I didn't mean to hit it). It was a costly exercise, but I thought him driving home with bits of glass poking his arse was karma for his woeful decision when giving me out.

Did he send you back to the sheds on 99? LBW?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Choppy wrote:
Gimps wrote:I threw my bat once when I was leaving the field. Good wind up, and let it go with some venom. Straight through the umpires drivers' side window (I didn't mean to hit it). It was a costly exercise, but I thought him driving home with bits of glass poking his arse was karma for his woeful decision when giving me out.

Did he send you back to the sheds on 99? LBW?
Probably more likely 99 short of a certain century