NBA Season 07/08

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Rossoneri wrote:Kobe starts off with 45 points, Lakers lost to Rockets.

Did anybody see the most bizarre basket possibly in the history of basketball? Rockets turned the ball over, two Lakers fumbled the ball and one ended up tipping it into the net.

Its hard to explain, ill try and find it on youtube.
Here are the entire game highlights. Look for T-mac's dunk at 4:20 and the freakish basket, straight after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQTx7BkEHg
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

That's not bad. Pretty funny. Christ T-Mac is smooth. Just an offensive weapon. Take him over Kobe any day.
It is not like they lost those guys. They traded Ray Allen to get Jeff Green with the number 5 pick. SO they made a decision to re-build, because they new the list around Lewis and Allen wouldn't get a championship.
True, they didn't technically 'lose' Ray-Ray, and I agree that Allen and Lewis isn't enough to compete, but my point that this is gonna be a loooong year for the sonics without 'em still stands. Very difficult to replace your 2 best players with rookies and expect to be better.
ah well Vin Baker wasn't too bad if memory serves me correctly
Vinny was ok. Had a couple of good years before depression, weight issues and alcoholism took over. Finished in Boston a mere shadow of his former self.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Exactly. However they are not expecting to get better. It will be a long year if you hope to be better. However, if you see this as a development season, you will most likley have a good experiance watching Durant, West and Green improve there games. And hopefully Robert Swift as I said earlier.

Speaking about Seatle, they got Pheonix today. Interested to see how Grant Hill goes with his new team. Also the Piston's are playing the Heat and Houston takes on the team that knocked them out of the first round, Utah.
azza78
High Draft Pick

Post by azza78 »

Yes watching how Hill fits in to the Suns high octane system will be very interesting indeed. Suns should murder Seattle. Amare will be too big and athletic for any of the Sonics bigs to handle.

And Durant goes for 18 in the season opener against Denver, on a dodgy ankle. Not too shabby.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

It was a decent performance, however I'm more interested to see how he goes against the Battier's and Bowen's of the league. He wont' get the same numbers agianst those guys, but the way he handles the phtsical pressure could define his succes in the NBA.
azza78
High Draft Pick

Post by azza78 »

So the Sonics lose 107-103 at home to the Pistons to start the season 0-7, the worst start in franchise history.

Yeesh. Will be a longer season than I thought if they keep this up.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

You need to take there schedule into acount aswell mate. Pheonix twice. Denver, Detroit and Utah. That is 5 of there first 7 games against playoff teams. So look for when they play some of the weaker teams and Kevin Durant will get them over the line.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Andrew Bogut (well known bomber fan) has started to put up some big numbers for Milwaukee in the last few games.

23 pts and 10 boards today against the Jazz
29 pts (14/16 from the field and a career high) and 11 boards a few days ago against Phoenix
14 pts and 11 boards against the Lakers

All on the road against quality teams.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
azza78
High Draft Pick

Post by azza78 »

Hopefully this is a sign of bigger things to come for Bogut, as his career has been somewhat lacklustre for a #1 draft pick.

He's still better than Kwame Brown, along with Olowakandi the worst #1 picks ever.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Bogut 21 pts, 10 boards and 4 blocks against Atlanta today....still playing well
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Any other Golden State Warriors fans around?
Bloody love the way this team is playing...but I don't know anyone else personally who gives a toss :P
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Shaq playing his first game for the Suns today against one of hi old mobs the Lakers. Very interesting.

Also, Kidd having his first run back at Dallas today.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Warriors beat the Celtics :D
Amazing game...