Battrick- online cricket game

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

FC and 20/20 matches are coming soon woohoo
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

how did everyone go this week???
V-BOMBERS:
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

The Diamond Ducks lost the toss and were put in by the cocky Darkspear Village in this 1st vs 5th clash. Where the wickets fell consistantly until a meager total of 124 was reached. The bonus of this innings, and for the TV ratings, was that it lasted for 44.3 overs. Patient batting helped keep the 6245 spectators happy while they watched the grass grow during this epic battle. The police actually encouraged patrons to start the wave to avoid calling in more divvy vans, to take unruly snoring citizens from the stands. A fine tactical ploy from the plods indeed.

In reply, the top of the table Darkspear Village hit trouble when they were 3/27 in reply. The 3 highest averaging batsmen had been retired to the sheds and the pressure was put on the mid and bottom order, most who have never needed to bat, as the DV's had won games by 10, 10 and 9 wickets throught their 5 games previous. The fact that they were fresh and waiting for the call from the Australian selectors jetting off to the world cup as stand by replacements, may have taken their mind off the job at hand.

Further wickets fell on the feebly prepared surface, not fit to be called a pitch, at regular intervals for the visitors. 4/40, 5/50, 6/51 and the alarm bells were ringing. Maybe the all conquering DV's could bleed and be beaten, or they were still reeling from the Shane Warne/Telstra 'touring party' held the night before in the vistors hotel. SMS's were free between the hours of 8pm and 5am and I can tell you that there was plenty of button pushing by the vistors, until the wee hours of the morning.

All of a sudden, in a twist of fate a partnership broke out. A whole 40 runs was all the crowd needed to pry them away from their slippers and Horlicks, where the total got to 91 before the seventh wicket fell. The 8th fell at 92 and the supporters started singing lullabys in the stands.

The last 2 wickets fell at 98 and with that, the crowd invaded the pitch. Only because the seats were too hard to sleep on. The man of the match, Tony Shotton-Oza was chaired off the ground in a mass of pillows. With the figures of 6/23 off 10 and 4 with the bat, this is a game that he will not forget some time soon.

The DV's innings only lasted 30.1 overs which upset the local television station GFY11 as they had to show 3 re-runs of 'Who's The Boss' to make up for time lost.

As a show of good sportmansship by the home teams coterie group 'The Deminished Diamonds', mirrors were handed out to the Darkspear Village players and support staff as they left the ground to board their bus home, "so they could have a good hard look at themselves".

In an interview after the match, DD team captain Lewis Draadkar thanked his players and had a few kind words for the fellow they call their '14th man'.

"My groundsman was under instruction to retard the top team of the comp using any means possible. In return he conjured up an absolute dustbowl."

"You could say that my ground was doctored like an '80's style Moorabbin oval, when the Saints were hosting a top 5 team down at Linton Street. Slow and low was the order of the day. No assistance for the batsmen, as they could have gone for a few pints while the ball looped off the 'desert like' deck before it insipidly ploped, not smacked, into the willow. The only thing missing was the sweet, sweet cold showers come the close of play. I'll be buying old Georgy Tyler a few snifters before the night's out, I'll tell you."

Im sure that the sound of popping corks will be heard well into the night after this famous victory at the Diamond Ducks CC.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

84859300 wrote:The Diamond Ducks lost the toss and were put in by the cocky Darkspear Village in this 1st vs 5th clash. Where the wickets fell consistantly until a meager total of 124 was reached. The bonus of this innings, and for the TV ratings, was that it lasted for 44.3 overs. Patient batting helped keep the 6245 spectators happy while they watched the grass grow during this epic battle. The police actually encouraged patrons to start the wave to avoid calling in more divvy vans, to take unruly snoring citizens from the stands. A fine tactical ploy from the plods indeed.

In reply, the top of the table Darkspear Village hit trouble when they were 3/27 in reply. The 3 highest averaging batsmen had been retired to the sheds and the pressure was put on the mid and bottom order, most who have never needed to bat, as the DV's had won games by 10, 10 and 9 wickets throught their 5 games previous. The fact that they were fresh and waiting for the call from the Australian selectors jetting off to the world cup as stand by replacements, may have taken their mind off the job at hand.

Further wickets fell on the feebly prepared surface, not fit to be called a pitch, at regular intervals for the visitors. 4/40, 5/50, 6/51 and the alarm bells were ringing. Maybe the all conquering DV's could bleed and be beaten, or they were still reeling from the Shane Warne/Telstra 'touring party' held the night before in the vistors hotel. SMS's were free between the hours of 8pm and 5am and I can tell you that there was plenty of button pushing by the vistors, until the wee hours of the morning.

All of a sudden, in a twist of fate a partnership broke out. A whole 40 runs was all the crowd needed to pry them away from their slippers and Horlicks, where the total got to 91 before the seventh wicket fell. The 8th fell at 92 and the supporters started singing lullabys in the stands.

The last 2 wickets fell at 98 and with that, the crowd invaded the pitch. Only because the seats were too hard to sleep on. The man of the match, Tony Shotton-Oza was chaired off the ground in a mass of pillows. With the figures of 6/23 off 10 and 4 with the bat, this is a game that he will not forget some time soon.

The DV's innings only lasted 30.1 overs which upset the local television station GFY11 as they had to show 3 re-runs of 'Who's The Boss' to make up for time lost.

As a show of good sportmansship by the home teams coterie group 'The Deminished Diamonds', mirrors were handed out to the Darkspear Village players and support staff as they left the ground to board their bus home, "so they could have a good hard look at themselves".

In an interview after the match, DD team captain Lewis Draadkar thanked his players and had a few kind words for the fellow they call their '14th man'.

"My groundsman was under instruction to retard the top team of the comp using any means possible. In return he conjured up an absolute dustbowl."

"You could say that my ground was doctored like an '80's style Moorabbin oval, when the Saints were hosting a top 5 team down at Linton Street. Slow and low was the order of the day. No assistance for the batsmen, as they could have gone for a few pints while the ball looped off the 'desert like' deck before it insipidly ploped, not smacked, into the willow. The only thing missing was the sweet, sweet cold showers come the close of play. I'll be buying old Georgy Tyler a few snifters before the night's out, I'll tell you."

Im sure that the sound of popping corks will be heard well into the night after this famous victory at the Diamond Ducks CC.
Awsome artical. I might think about writing one of these next week. when the top to sides me eachother.
V-BOMBERS:
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

How did everyone go this week?
V-BOMBERS:
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

:D
Last edited by Ramanama on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-BOMBERS:
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH!!!

32108 people came to watch the top of the table clash between Chipper11 (1) & Gunnerz C.C (2) do battle.

On a cracked pitch Gunnerz C.C won the toss and elected to bat. It was partially cloudy and humid out there and the players were getting very tired from the humidity.

The game started off with South cracking a 4 off the second ball of the day. From there it was all slow with Bowden edging a 4 from his first over. Bowden never looked happy at the crease as an opener and on 11 Pembridge went start through him and Bowden fell on 11.

Tiisetso was the new batsman and looked good, going at a run-a-bowl he feel victim to a slower ball by Pembridge and walked off the ground on 18.

Donnelly and South put on a solid partnership and looked like the total was going to be 250+ But on 89 South played a foolish shot trying to get to his 100 and got caught!

At this point we were on 3/141 and looking solid, only a couple of balls later inform Pilgrim went for a duck after a cracking ball from East.

Baker was the new batsman and batting down the order was an experiance for the young 17 year old. Baker and Donnelly put on some more runs, but straight after Donnelly's 50 he went out to a stupid shot going for 6.

From there on Varney was the last experianced batter, and he got run out from a direct hit, and walked out annoyed with himself.

We ended up falling for 237 from 47.3 overs.

Chipper11 came out and from go they pushed the singles around untill Philo found his line and length and knocked over the opener for 8.

Lister's third over and he snag'd 1, and the top side where in trouble at 2/30. Blewitt came into the attack and after bowling a good 1, he got out Pie for 16.

The best spinner in the league(Gittens) came out and killed the middle order of Chipper11, they fell to 6/124 with the best batter in the league sitting on 50.

From there Cudworth went on to make a 100 and Curtis just made the singles for Cudworth, Blewitt came back on and snaged Cudworth on 104, at this point the crowed was getting nervous as they had never seen there team loose a game this season.

8/185 turned into 9/201 and Varney wanted another and he got it. 10/202 and the crowed was silent except for the drunk people at the bar and the Gunnerz C.C, What a win from the second place side,

MOTM went to South and he said "We came to play and we now have 5 on the trot and are looking to get on top of the table"

Gunnerz C.C 10/237
South 89
Donnelly 54
Baker 34

Rankin 4/30
Pembridge 3/66

Chipper11 10/202
Cudworth 106
Lovatt 18
Curtis 18

Gittens 3/49
Blewitt 2/36

MOTM - South
V-BOMBERS:
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Whats your team name Ramanama? Did you get 32000 to your game?

The first class and 20/20 matches arent going to happen for a while. They were meant to start last season but on the day they were to begin it screwed up and they have had to delay it for ages. The 20/20 did something similar and they dont think it will be in for at least 2 seasons.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Fair enough... hope it doesnt bugger up this year,
My team name is Gunnerz C.C

Hey rob, didnt relize how good my team was :P

GunnerzC.C:10/292 Rob's Legends: 10/127
V-BOMBERS:
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Gossy, wanna play a friendly? whats your team name??
V-BOMBERS:
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

How'd everyone go yesterday? My club notched up their first league match win for the season. During the week I picked up two bowlers from the transfer market and they were instant fixes in the team. In the previous weeks my team struggled to keep teams to under 270. With Jon Khanya and Lewis Houghton added to the mix also including Brian Ver Der Merwe, Collin Ungapake and allrounder Mac Curle things just seemed to work. 6'n'out took on the auzzies at 6'n'out CG. The pitch was set up to be a treat for the bowlers, and did it deliver. The 6'n'out bowlers made life a living hell for all the auzzies batsman only allowing one batsman to score over 10 runs. The auzzie batsman found themselves looking at a scorecard showing five men make scores of zero. On the other hand 6'n'out were proud to say that their new buys where big hits.

Jon Khanya - 3/3 off 7
Lewis Houghton - 2/23 off 5
Brian Van Der Merwe - 3/8 of 3.5
Collin Ungapake - 1/10 off 2
Mac Curle - 0 overs

6'n'out then went out to chase and realised how poor a batting strip it really was, but it didn't fuss them too much as they won in 8.2 overs getting to 50 with the loss of 3 wickets. Jon Ferrier the opening batsmen doing most of the work getting to 26 off 29 balls and still out in the middle when the match was won.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Well done Gatsid. How good/old are your bowlers??,

Gunnerz travelled to play youyou at there home turf. I struggled to get a wicket early, but the runs wernt coming fast so it didnt bother me, they ended up make a solid score of 3/262, (which is the biggest score that somone has made agaist me this year). We came in and my infor m openers didnt let me down, Varney a slow but stead 60 conbined with South's 121 off 100, the chase became easy, with Gunnerz ending up making the total in 46.5 overs.

Gunnerz (46.5 overs) 3/266
South 121
Varney 64
Bowden 34*

Barlow 1/36
Themba 1/45

DEF

Youyou 3/262
Garrity 65
Spector 57*
Wessels 48

Blewitt 1/46
Gittens 1/49
V-BOMBERS:
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

How did you all go this week?
V-BOMBERS:
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Had a huge win today, playing on a Green wicket bowled my oponents out for 258, before having my openers chase it down in 34 or so overs without losing a wicket. 259 for 0. Salisbury made like 145 of 128 and Ferrier 104 of 96 or something like that. My opening bowler took 5 for 33 aswell so a great win for 6'n'out this week :D
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Looks, like your team is coming together nicely there gatsid... Up for a challenge next week?
V-BOMBERS:
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

yeh sounds good mate, you'll probably beat me though.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Just wait and see...
V-BOMBERS:
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

In a proper match this week, i am playing ARCN who is the general manager... He wouldnt be related to the ARCN on this site would he?

If so, hes going down.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Anyone yet to get a friendly for this weekend?

If so challange Victory, still don't have a game for Sunday. They are only in their first season so hopefully should get a good game out of them. Cheers.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Ill play you! i need 1!!!
V-BOMBERS: