OFFICIAL 2007/2008 EPL Season Thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Re: OFFICIAL 2007/2008 EPL Season Thread

Post by Gatsid »

bomberdonnie wrote:He will go to Man U vingertje
Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov(if he comes, I think he will), Ronaldo (unless he leaves), Nani, Anderson

SOMEBODY STOP THEM! :twisted:
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Gatsid wrote:
Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov(if he comes, I think he will), Ronaldo (unless he leaves), Nani, Anderson

Reminds me of the whole 'fantastic four' at barca last year. Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o and Henry with Bojan and Gio as youngsters. How well that turned out :roll:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gossy wrote:
Gatsid wrote:

Reminds me of the whole 'fantastic four' at barca last year. Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o and Henry with Bojan and Gio as youngsters. How well that turned out :roll:
We did just OK last season without Berbatov..........
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Gossy wrote:
Gatsid wrote:

So because of your clubs lack of ability to do anything, automatically means that another club will do the same. I mean then no one should ever try and get 4 quality forwards it's a sure way of winning nothing in a season right? :roll:
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Gatsid wrote:
Gossy wrote:

So because of your clubs lack of ability to do anything, automatically means that another club will do the same. I mean then no one should ever try and get 4 quality forwards it's a sure way of winning nothing in a season right? :roll:
Haha I never said that. We had all four of those blokes available for only 2-3 matches all season. I'm just saying that talk reminds me of the talk about the four at Barca last season, which ended in disappointment. I didn't say that it would be the same result if Man U got Berbatov. Odds are it wouldn't be. :P
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Looks like we were right donnie, Berbatov is now officially a Red Devil vingertje

Sorry goss :D
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gatsid wrote:
Looks like we were right donnie, Berbatov is now officially a Red Devil vingertje

Sorry goss :D
Yep and it is exactly what we needed!!

Cant wait for the faithful to come up with a song for him!!
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Liverpool 2 - Manchester United 1 :D :D :D

After a dodgy start, controlled most of the game.
Good debut from Riera. Getting Gerrard & Babel on inspired the team to get the winner. Torres not needed.

Nice work from Van Der Sar for Liverpool's 1st, & even better defending from Giggs to set up the 2nd :D