OFFICIAL 2007/2008 EPL Season Thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Not sure what Sir Alex was thinking either. Why not get a quality striker?

Ole is always injured, Saha isnt that crash hot and as Ace said, is very soft.

We shipped off Smith (wasnt that good anyway since he broke his ankle). We have very little back ups.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

That's more like it. 4-0 to the good guys. 8)
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Nice little start for Torres last night.

Very, very soft penalty - all in all a cracking game as the rivalry continues to grow. Babel looked good when he came on as well, looked very very skilled and one can only hope the injection of him and Torres will improve our domestic performance.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

rama_fan wrote:Very, very soft penalty - all in all a cracking game as the rivalry continues to grow.
Shocking, shocking penalty.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Trouble at Old Trafford, we are dominating games but not scoring, come back Ronnie and Rooney!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

ace076 wrote:Trouble at Old Trafford, we are dominating games but not scoring, come back Ronnie and Rooney!!!!
Needed to f*** off saha earlier and actually get a decent striker to back up Rooney and Tevez.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Anelka would be a good trade for Man U.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Jose's STILL CARPING about last season CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE like a BIG BLOODY SOOK!

You got the Penalty today,so stop BLOODY WHINGEING,YOU DEADSET IDIOT.

Shocking decision,but we're over it already.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Van Der Saar apparently got injured during training for Holland, according to The 4 Diegos, and could be sidelined for a number of weeks.

Its fair to say that our season is going from bad to worse very very quickly.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i think its fair to say a few of my weeks pay is in trouble when i got on man utd
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

When is a penalty NOT a penalty ??

When your an Away team at the Muppet Factory :roll:
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

C'mon dodge, replays still haven't been able to prove handball, how the hell can a ref pay it. Many of my LiverPOO supporter friends even reckon it wasn't a penalty, if they cannot even call it, surely it wasn't one then!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Farewell OLE LEGEND 20!!!! Thanks for your class on and off the field. A true team player to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

ace076 wrote:C'mon dodge, replays still haven't been able to prove handball, how the hell can a ref pay it. Many of my LiverPOO supporter friends even reckon it wasn't a penalty, if they cannot even call it, surely it wasn't one then!!!!
borderline, but I knew straight away that there was NO chance of it being given. and I've seen Worse paid for the "home" team at the Stretford end..... :wink:

But even you would have to admit that IF it was in the Tottenham box that Fergie would still be bleating about it.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

ace076 wrote:Farewell OLE LEGEND 20!!!! Thanks for your class on and off the field. A true team player to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!
heard it this morning

more than a little surprised but I reckon the club gave him an ultimatum.... and rather timely he announced it 3 days before the window shuts.

a great little player at his best who has been cruelly struck down by injuries in recent season's
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

dodgey wrote:
ace076 wrote:C'mon dodge, replays still haven't been able to prove handball, how the hell can a ref pay it. Many of my LiverPOO supporter friends even reckon it wasn't a penalty, if they cannot even call it, surely it wasn't one then!!!!
borderline, but I knew straight away that there was NO chance of it being given. and I've seen Worse paid for the "home" team at the Stretford end..... :wink:

But even you would have to admit that IF it was in the Tottenham box that Fergie would still be bleating about it.
Don't get me started.

In any case, we played very well and probably had the best chances to win it (Berbatov x 3, Rocha x 1, Keano x 1). We will stuff Fulham this week.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

I am not doubting you guys played very well Ossie, you missed your own chances and for that have noone else to blame, rather like us in the first 3 matches. City had one shot for the game against us last week, and low and behold, it was deflected for the only goal of the game, that's football hey! No o ne felt sorry for us when we dropped points yet dominated those games, the good old Tall Poppy Syndrome, I will take the 3 points happily thank you very much!! In all truth, we are stuffed without Ronaldo and Rooney!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

dodgey wrote:
ace076 wrote:Farewell OLE LEGEND 20!!!! Thanks for your class on and off the field. A true team player to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!
heard it this morning

more than a little surprised but I reckon the club gave him an ultimatum.... and rather timely he announced it 3 days before the window shuts.

a great little player at his best who has been cruelly struck down by injuries in recent season's
Nah Dodge, no conspiracies at all, his knee has gone again unfortunately in a bid to return to fitness. If Ferguson knew of this weeks ago, Rossi or Smith would of been held on to. We are up against it now with ONE fit striker! Perhaps a last minute shopping spree?
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

ace076 wrote:I am not doubting you guys played very well Ossie, you missed your own chances and for that have noone else to blame, rather like us in the first 3 matches. City had one shot for the game against us last week, and low and behold, it was deflected for the only goal of the game, that's football hey! No o ne felt sorry for us when we dropped points yet dominated those games, the good old Tall Poppy Syndrome, I will take the 3 points happily thank you very much!! In all truth, we are stuffed without Ronaldo and Rooney!!
I'm not disputing the result at all, just pointing out that on the balance of play I reckon we deserved at least a draw.

Bodes well for Fulham on Saturday, we'll give them a proper hiding.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Damn unlucky to draw against Liverpool last night. Cracking game though.