06/07 Cricket thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Oh and well done to Ponting for scooping all three major awards last night.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac wrote:Well those who said Hodge and Tait were rubbish at ODI level were wrong.
I dont think many have said that Hodge was rubbish it has always been along the lines of how disappointed we are that he failed many times to show the class at ODI level.

Tait on the other hand needs consistancy if he is going to stay in the team. Mind you I would prefer him in the squad than The Golden Child of Australian cricket. Can not believe that Watson has been brought back into the squad.... Even Hopes should be above him IMO
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

nice ton flemming, pity it cost your team the game..........
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Well, with Watson into the squad, I would not be suprised if he comes in for White and Hogg plays instead of one of the quicks.

Good to see England into the finals - I reckon New Zealand has got a better team with more weapons.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Couldn't agree more sismis, Fleming single handedly lost the game for NZ. His failure to accelerate at any stage really hurt them. so too did his runout of Taylor.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Agreed also... I think if Fleming had have sacrificed and left Taylor there they would have had a much better chance of winning...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Good to see Fat-f*** Fletcher talk to the media. Havent see the fat c*** all summer.

Says all the pressure is on the Aussies. Of course there is no pressure on him, he is getting sacked after the WC.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

The only chance that England has of winning is if Asad Rawful gets a chance to change the course of history which seemingly is all he is good at...
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

[cut_him_self_if_england_win_Australia]

[/emo]
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

All the very best of luck to Darrell Hair in his quest to sue the arse off the Pakistan Cricket Board and the pathetic ICC (International Corrupt Council) over his appalling treatment.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:All the very best of luck to Darrell Hair in his quest to sue the arse off the Pakistan Cricket Board and the pathetic ICC (International Corrupt Council) over his appalling treatment.
Ha. I read that too and thought 'good luck' - my quote of the day is from the the Pakistan Cricket Chairman, who said in relation to this matter that 'race has nothing to do with this' :lol:!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

What a pathetic effort by Australia. We were 1/170 after 30 overs, then get bowled out for 250. As soon as we had some pressure applied to us we crumbled like a pack of cards.

And Ian Healy in trouble for doing a mock violin play when Symo was talking about breast cancer.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Watson and Hogg had the chance to really cement their world cup spots through their batting and failed, should they do nothing with the ball I reckon it could almost be game over, especially for Hogg.

The pitch is quite dead so I reckon we'll probably still be favourites to win, but yes, quite the poor result after being well on track for a score of 320+
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Poor display lads, Hayden's dismissal was careless, Hodge's unlucky, Clarke's casual and Hussey's and Watson's soft. Bet they were regretting dropping White once the wickets started tumbling. Aussies in trouble I reckon, bowling has been woeful last 4 games.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I wouldnt expect Lee to do much tonight and our bowling depth isnt that strong with Watson the #4 bowler.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

That Hodge decision was a disgrace
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I am a conspiracy theorist in a terrible way but I just cant help but think some series are designed to be close and go for 3 games.

A couple of poor run outs and how many more could there have been if the poms were not useless?? Also some unusually soft dimissals by the Aussies especially The Huss!!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Darryl Harper has just levelled the score

What is the problem with cricket umpires ffs!!!Bunch of spastics!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

bomberdonnie wrote:Darryl Harper has just levelled the score

I rarely go in to bat for umpires but we need to remember that they make decisions based on what they see and then interpret. They don't have the benefit of twenty different replays from twenty different angles played in slow motion.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

swoodley wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Darryl Harper has just levelled the score

I rarely go in to bat for umpires but we need to remember that they make decisions based on what they see and then interpret. They don't have the benefit of twenty different replays from twenty different angles played in slow motion.
What a crock Swoodley it was obvious from the naked eye it was screaming down leg.

The commentary box called it as soon as it was given too.

These umpires are not on loose change mate they get paid a monty to travel the world to get the best seat in the house. I understand 50/50 decisions going either way and I especially understand the close ones been given not out but it is inexcusable for them to make up decisions when it is clearly not out.

In saying this they are not even in the same league of ineptitude of their AFL cousins!!!!