06/07 Cricket thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote: And Ian Healy in trouble for doing a mock violin play when Symo was talking about breast cancer.
:-({|=
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Game is close they need 25 off 18 with 4 wickets... Could go either way but England have SFA batsmen left...

Interesting that it is a final and the crowd looks terrible on TV looks to me like they had more there last weekend against the football!!!
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

2 Overs left,
13 off 12 needed.
Anyones game.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

4 words

Watson Has To GO!!!
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

And England win :(
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

The Australian team should be shot. What a f****** pathetic effort from most of them.

No heart and no one wants to stand up when things dont go there way.
****** pathetic, Watson is a first-class dud. How he still gets a game is a f****** joke.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

f****** disgraceful effort by the Aussies in all facets of the game.

From losing 6/33 in the last 10 overs and not batting out the full 50 overs, to the bowlers who apart from Lee none of them really looked like taking a wicket, apart from Hogg who Flintoff didn't have a clue of how to play.

They also allowed Bell and Collingwood to play good innings.

f****** pathetic fielding effort too. McGrath should hang his f****** head in shame. How he dropped Bell is beyond me. That was the turning point in the game, he takes that and suddenly they are 4/33 and would have no hope. Would probably have folded for 100 odd like they did in earlier games. Also f***** up a number of pretty easy runout opportunities too!!

Poor captaincy by Punter too. Really should've kept Lee on when he knocked over Bell. Sure he only had 2 overs left, but we need to bowl the Poms out to win the game and we just had a new batsmen to wicket. A new batsmen who has failed to handle Lee all summer!!!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

ealesy wrote: Poor captaincy by Punter too. Really should've kept Lee on when he knocked over Bell. Sure he only had 2 overs left, but we need to bowl the Poms out to win the game and we just had a new batsmen to wicket. A new batsmen who has failed to handle Lee all summer!!!
Not to mention bowling that useless prick Watson in the 48th over what is with that!!!

Refer to my previous post re conspiricy theory!!
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

ealesy wrote:f****** disgraceful effort by the Aussies in all facets of the game.

From losing 6/33 in the last 10 overs and not batting out the full 50 overs, to the bowlers who apart from Lee none of them really looked like taking a wicket, apart from Hogg who Flintoff didn't have a clue of how to play.

They also allowed Bell and Collingwood to play good innings.

f****** pathetic fielding effort too. McGrath should hang his f****** head in shame. How he dropped Bell is beyond me. That was the turning point in the game, he takes that and suddenly they are 4/33 and would have no hope. Would probably have folded for 100 odd like they did in earlier games. Also f***** up a number of pretty easy runout opportunities too!!

Poor captaincy by Punter too. Really should've kept Lee on when he knocked over Bell. Sure he only had 2 overs left, but we need to bowl the Poms out to win the game and we just had a new batsmen to wicket. A new batsmen who has failed to handle Lee all summer!!!
Agree 100% with that. It was exactly what i was thinking when McGrath replaced him. Lee was bowling very well, and had momentum going after the near run out, then the wicket which smashed off stump out of the ground, then Ponting lets him settle back down and bring McGrath on. Extremely stupid by captaining by Ponting.
And then to let him bowl Watson in the 3rd last over was rediculous. No idea why he would bring on a bowler of that quality to someone who has just made a ton, and one of the most powerful hitters in the game of cricket. Has me absolutely stumped.

Today's performance showed how much Symonds is needed in this cricket team in all three areas of the game. He is the player that would of come in after Hodge went out and got himself into the game, and probably would of pushed us to 300, but Watson did absolutely nothing!!

Watson is shithouse, and when are the f****** selectors and Ricky Ponting going to come to terms with the fact that he is not good enough to play cricket at an international level. :evil:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MEMO TO AUSTRALIAN SELECTORS AND MEDIA: Stop pumping up Shane Watson as some dynamo all rounder. He bowls dead straight "hit me" balls and has yet to really stamp his authority in any discipline. Until he can actually move the ball off the pitch, he will always be a pie chucker. He will be hit out of the ground in the West Indies as their grounds are rather small. And he is useless batting down the order, simply because he aint a hitter, he's just an accumulator of runs.

And I think McGrath is finished as a cricketer. He timed his retirement from Test cricket to perfection, but I'm not sure of his worth in the World Cup. He's suddenly become a medium pace trundler, who is no longer feared by the opposition. In fact, they appear to look forward to his spells.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:And I think McGrath is finished as a cricketer. He timed his retirement from Test cricket to perfection, but I'm not sure of his worth in the World Cup. He's suddenly become a medium pace trundler, who is no longer feared by the opposition. In fact, they appear to look forward to his spells.
Once again BD we find ourselves in total agreement here. My old man and i watched him drop that catch, and after the way he bowled tonight, we almost simultaneously looked at each other and said 'McGrath's finished'. At least he has the humility to recognise this fact and step out of the game now, rather than have to be forcefully pushed like Steve Waugh, Healy and some other past greats have.
Rossoneri wrote:And Ian Healy in trouble for doing a mock violin play when Symo was talking about breast cancer.
I distinctly remember discussing Ian Healy on the BT boards a few months ago, and if my memory serves, someone (i think it was either Staggy, CameronClayton or Ealesy?) referred to Healy as an 'absolute pig of a bloke'. Talk about a bullseye.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

wasn't me, don't know anything about Heals apart from the fact he was a bloody good keeper.

But from his actions today he's making it hard for one to not believe the assertion he is a pig of a bloke.

Hell he played alot of cricket, and would supposedly be a mate of Glenn McGrath whose wife is going through a 2nd battle with breast cancer!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I think McGrath is struggling also. It becomes harder to carry someone when Watson is already in the team. Watson is an out-and-out dud. Useless in all facets of the game, just dead set hopeless.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

When I walked back into the room to see Watson chip the ball straight to the man at midwckiet I thought I was watching a tail-ender bat, not a supposed "all rounder". The way he reached so far in front of himself and flicked it straight up in the air, I had no idea it was him until I saw him walking off and his name came up.

Completely useless.

That collapse of the AUS batting order after such a good start was pathetic. We were 20 runs short, and should have EASILY made another 50 on top of that. The fact that we crumbled to 252 is ridiculous. Either a ploy to ensure a third final, or we've been pretending very well.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Shane Watson bowling well. Only went for 9 runs despite bowling 6 pies in his first over.

he should take his hamstring injuries as a blessing in disguise. That way, only a few people will know he was always shit rather than him play and prove to the world he is useless.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

he comes on for one over and suddenly the pressure seems to be released. Shocking bowler. Worse batsman!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Cant believe he gets a game before Johnson. At least Johnson looks like getting a wicket, Watson doesnt even look like getting a ball in the right spot.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I would rather have Mick Lewis in the team at least it looks like it means something to him to play for his country

Maybe if Shane spent as much time in the nets as he does in the gym working on his 6 pack he might be able to produce something...

So many better cricketers playing domestic cricket than Watson
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote: Maybe if Shane spent as much time in the nets as he does in the gym working on his 6 pack he might be able to produce something...
Or in front of the mirror. No matter how hard you try Shane, your face will always look as shit as your cricket.

Waste of a player, he should have taken up rugby much earlier.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Great runout by Haydos no doubt Watson will put that one down to accurate pressure bowling!!