French Open 2007

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I just think it's a pity that some great players are judged on those things. She was and still is a great player.

A bit like McEnroe who is basically remembered for his antics while people don't realise that he is one of the all time greats of tennis.

Hingis worse than Hewitt??? No chance, Hewitt has been racist in the past, bumped players at change of ends, carried on like an idiot on the court, and even shouted out "c'mon" after an opponent hits an unforced error.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

As for the Men's final well it just seems poor old Roger just doesnt like the clay at Roland. He made a massive amount of unforced errors and just couldnt play his normally exquisite game. Its a real pity because I think Federer is so good he deserves a Grand Slam. Nadal seems unbeatable on that surface. It just goes to show how good Laver was winning 2 of them.

It might be my old telly but I simply cant see the ball on that surface. Its almost unwatchable.

Now for the real tournament - Wimbeldon !!
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber