06/07 Cricket thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, the Vics need 224 to win outright. I wish the others stand up and stop relying on the usual suspects (Hussey, White & McDonald) to score the runs. Time for Quiney, Jewell & Klinger (the top three) to get us off to a f****** good start for once.....
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I was at Bellerive today and what a great day it was ... Hilfy Damien Wright and Butterworth tore the Blues to pieces!!!

I was spewing that we made them follow on though... I would have thought that with a home final around the corner that the more batting practise that we can get the better.

As I was saying at the ground you dont need to take 20 wickets to win a home final you just have to make sure that you dont lose 20 wickets.

Anyway I think they are digging up a nice chunk of the midlands highway to drop in for Monday week as we speak!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I don't think in all my time ingesting cricket from a very young age, have I ever seen any team anywhere, opening an inning with a night watchman - particularly the No.11. Coming into this match Dirk Nannes had a sensational FC batting average of 0.66 and then scored a duck in the first innings. What the f*** is Cameron White thinking?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BD gotta say that really defies belief

Not the time of year for crap like that especially with a final spot on the line!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:BD gotta say that really defies belief

Not the time of year for crap like that especially with a final spot on the line!!
Wanetd to make sure we didnt lose a top order batsman in the final over of the day.

If Nades sticks around for 8 overs and sees off some of the new ball then sweet.

The way I see it, we need slightly over one run an over to win the match, just go slow and if it takes all day then let it take all day.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Rossoneri wrote:

Wanetd to make sure we didnt lose a top order batsman in the final over of the day.

If Nades sticks around for 8 overs and sees off some of the new ball then sweet.

The way I see it, we need slightly over one run an over to win the match, just go slow and if it takes all day then let it take all day.
Yeah good point Ross just unusual to see a number 11 used as a nightwatchman and used as an opener.

Also BD Kerry O'Keeffe did it in the Centenary test I doubt he was number 11 mind you he could hold a bat
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Do we have the scores???
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:

I understand the logic, but can't understand the risk. Nannes ability suggests that he was more than likely going to be dismissed in that over (I know he survived), but what would have happened if he played to form? We could have been 1 for none and they would have pulled up stumps. OK, so we would have only lost a tailender, but scoreboard pressure can cause a lot of psychological problems when the game is on the line. It may come off, but I would think we're going to lose an early wicket tomorrow and then who knows what will happen.....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

Yeah good point Ross just unusual to see a number 11 used as a nightwatchman and used as an opener.

Also BD Kerry O'Keeffe did it in the Centenary test I doubt he was number 11 mind you he could hold a bat
Skull could bat........made 85 in a test. :wink:

Nannes may be a hero tomorrow, but it's more than likely that the Vics will be 1 for stuff all to start the day, QLD will have their talis up, and the incoming batsman will be shitting bricks...
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Ramanama wrote:Do we have the scores???
http://www.cricket.com.au/
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

It is all for nothing anyway BD remember I said that we are going to produce a freeway for the final.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It's always left up to Hussy, White or McDonald to do all the hard work! The Vics don't deserve to make the Final when they rely on too few.....

4-43 chasing 224. Just about GONE!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The other VICS in the team are a f****** disgrace. Completely incompetent.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

How George Bailey must be happy he enforced the follow on.

Stupid decision and they are paying for it now. Why anyone would have wanted to go back in the field for no reward is beyond me!!! IT is the only way possible that we could have lost from there.

Silly!!!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

We got smashed in the end. 122 all out chasing 224. Counting on SA dragging the match out against WA to a draw... TAS should make light work of NSW.

If WA only draw... we might just scrape thru over NSW on quotient.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Boyler_Room wrote:We got smashed in the end. 122 all out chasing 224. Counting on SA dragging the match out against WA to a draw... TAS should make light work of NSW.

If WA only draw... we might just scrape thru over NSW on quotient.
Only if you get 4 points for first innings victories.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

For some reason for a moment I thought our 2 points from the 1st Inns carried thru... which would have put us in 2nd place ahead of NSW on quotient.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

It depends where you look some places like cricinfo have updated the ladder already and others like CA must wait for the round to finish.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Bunch of spastics. They are by far the worst Victorian team of any sport. How you can lose a game frm that position is a joke, but its all too common for the Bushrangers.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

So we are playing NSW again in the final on Monday week. How stupid is it to have the final run from Monday-Friday?? Anyway

Lets hope for a repeat performance from this game except I seriously hope we do not enforce any type of follow on in the final!!!