Ontheball.com.au

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

ARCN
On the Rookie List

Re: Ontheball.com.au

Post by ARCN »

Gatsid wrote:
ARCN wrote:my 35exp costs $50k a week +$10k for a 25 scout trip

it seems that each exp costs + $2500
What do you mean by "a 25 scout trip"?
i meant 25 days
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

ARCN wrote:
Gatsid wrote:
ARCN wrote:my 35exp costs $50k a week +$10k for a 25 scout trip

it seems that each exp costs + $2500
What do you mean by "a 25 scout trip"?
i meant 25 days
Ahh Thanks for that mate, so how what are the options for the length of each trip?
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

choose a state
then forward mid back or any
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Once again, sent in my seconds and i won... we both played our second sides i think because i was playing a much better team. I didnt want to win at all.... Its hard trying to loose. Lucky im playing a bad team in my league match because most of my team arnt even at 90 in fitness.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I'm out of the cup. Got absolutely smashed today.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Thankfully, I sent in my worst players and played them all out of position and got clobbered in the cup match, so I'm out. Now I just need to find some teams that haven't got huge strength to kick some bags in Exhi matches against.

Smashed the opposition in my league match today, though. 163 - 47. My FF only kicked 11 and a FP kicked 5.4.

If anyone wants to play an Exhi for the dosh, and doesn't have a great side, let me know. I'm keen to play my seconds in Exhis but need to kick some big scores to get the sponsorship money. Don't really care if I win or lose, as long as I get to kick a big score.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

It's a sad day in the GBS locker room. The Manager made the fatal mistake of forgetting to rest his players during Thursday's cup match and then had to play some underdone players during the league match on Saturday due to lack of better replacements. GBS went across to Highbury to face off with Arsenal FC, both sides went into the game undefeated. GBS started the game well and look like they were going to notch up a very comfortable win despite the lack of difference in quality between the two sides, but fatigue set in and GBS blew a 51 3 quarter time lead to lose by a point in the final kick of the game, Arsenal clawed back but time seemed their biggest enemy until they kicked 3 goals in the space of about 2 minutes to bring smiles to the faces of the majority of the Highbury crowd. Arsenal FC now sit on top undefeated and will remember this great come back for a long time to come. Whilst GBS will have to go back to the drawing board and look at fixing the lack of depth in the list.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I lost to the top team by 21 points. I'm doing quite well against the top sides that appear to be much better than my side.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Boyler_Room wrote:Thankfully, I sent in my worst players and played them all out of position and got clobbered in the cup match, so I'm out. Now I just need to find some teams that haven't got huge strength to kick some bags in Exhi matches against.

Smashed the opposition in my league match today, though. 163 - 47. My FF only kicked 11 and a FP kicked 5.4.

If anyone wants to play an Exhi for the dosh, and doesn't have a great side, let me know. I'm keen to play my seconds in Exhis but need to kick some big scores to get the sponsorship money. Don't really care if I win or lose, as long as I get to kick a big score.
Yea mate after i get knocked out of the cup this week, ill play you next week, and ill just send in shit trucks and hopfully you can belt me and kick a huge score.
V-BOMBERS:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Had a really easy friendly win. I kicked 19 goals and only 4 of my players had a hand in those!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Was hoping to kick 16 goals today. Managed to snag 17. So I'm happy. On track for my sponsorship goal. Not to mention a nice money earner. Cheers ARCN.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I'm a 1/4 of the way to kicking enough goals in exhibitions for my sponsorship money. I just need to keep picking on the crappy teams!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Crappy teams never accept my Exhibition match requests :(

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Boyler_Room wrote:Crappy teams never accept my Exhibition match requests :(
I tried but couldn't coz you already had one scheduled.
No wait.... My team doesn't suck.....
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

Boyler_Room wrote:Was hoping to kick 16 goals today. Managed to snag 17. So I'm happy. On track for my sponsorship goal. Not to mention a nice money earner. Cheers ARCN.
cheers what? every stat says i should have won and that was the plan
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

ARCN wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:Was hoping to kick 16 goals today. Managed to snag 17. So I'm happy. On track for my sponsorship goal. Not to mention a nice money earner. Cheers ARCN.
cheers what? every stat says i should have won and that was the plan
Actually I was surprised about the result, but I was more concerned with kicking my 17 goals and getting some much need $$

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Bugger! After leading for almost the entire match, I lost by a goal in the last minute of the game. One of my best players, playing on the HFF got towelled up by a much lesser player which essentially lost me the match. Our forward thrusts were shutdown across half forward too often, particularly going to this player, and in the dying minutes when it counted he couldn't take a mark and go forward. Overcooking the ball in the middle in the last 5 minutes really hurt too. Resulted in a couple of turnovers that ended up in opposition goals to bring them level and then they won the tap went straight down the spine and goaled in the last minute. I won the final tap but couldn't get the ball forward quick enough to have a shot to draw.

Bugger! I'll be sitting 3rd for quite some time now. Possibly 4th depending on the other results. There are only 2 teams in this league that match it with me, and I've lost to both now. Thought I had this game half way through the third when I was 4 or 5 goals up. Momentum swings... and their ruckman smashed mine in the hitouts.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Led by 52 points at one stage in the 2nd quarter and lost by 10 points.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

13th legion piped me on the post. I was 5 goals up, if not more during the last qtr and with 1 min left, scores are tied. he kicks 2 goals and beats me by 12 points :shock: . Shatterd. Really needed that win...

Also! I lost my cup match on purpose to concentrate on my league, and what happends. I HAVE TO PLAY ANOTHER CUP MATCH! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
V-BOMBERS:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

You should find it easy to drop out in the next round!