Ontheball.com.au

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Re: Ontheball.com.au

Post by Ramanama »

Still put in a shithouse team and ended up loosing by 30 odd. THANK GOD!
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Is anyone else not being able to get on?
V-BOMBERS:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Ramanama wrote:Is anyone else not being able to get on?
Yeah I had trouble yesterday, but today it's all good again.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: IM STILL IN THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
V-BOMBERS:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Ramanama wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: IM STILL IN THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ramanama if you were paying attention earlier, you'd have noticed I mentioned how the cup works. If you make it to the second round there are 4 matches to be played. 4 matches in the first round, 4 matches in the second round. To make the second you round need to win 3/4 matches. To make the finals you need to win all of the 2nd round matches. So after the 4th match (in this case your 8th Cup match) you'll be dumped from the comp and you can resume your normal programming.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I've just put a young CHF/CHB/FB prospect up. I'll give you the info on him even though technically I'm not supposed to lol.

Name:Waldo Christou
Kicking: 21
Kicking Potential: 35ish
Marking: 16
Marking Potential: 70ish
Running: 55
Running Potential: 60ish
Handballing: 3
Handballing Potential: 25ish
Tackling: 21
Tackling Potential: 60ish
Stamina:69
Stamina Potential: 85ish

All depending on how you train him he'll be able to hold down either end of the ground. When I looked through my side and had 2 players not playing every week I thought I may as well save some cash in the salary cap and I have a large amount of players around the same value as this guy. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case you needed a player of his type.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I don't know how this happened but I just lost to 10th on the ladder... when my stats were WAY above theirs all over the ground.

45-51-44 vs 43-48-38

At their home ground, so I know they get a boost, but still. If I break even in the middle of the ground my forward (7 points better than their back line) should have smashed them. What actually happened was, they won the lion's share of the taps, and their midfield would kick goals with the next possession. Just as I was rolling over them, they'd kick 4 or 5 goals in quick time and kill me off. In the last quarter, with a kick in it and only 4 minutes to play, they suddenly bang on 4 goals without me touching the ball, other than the odd touch in my backline, and roll me by 31 points!! WHAT THE??

There goes my sponsorship goal of winning 18 games this season. I've lost 3 already.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

I played 9th on the ladder (me 6th) and ended up winning by 199 points. i dont no what happend there? and i was playing away from home...

:lol:
V-BOMBERS:
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Had a big win today 234 to 46, My FF kicked 10, RFP kicked 9 and LFP kicked 8 so I'm pretty happy with that. Performance was really set up with my Ruckman dominating getting 38 out of 48 hitouts and therefore my midfield completely dominated their opponents. How did everyone else go today? Also I'll be looking for exhibition matches from now on as I finally got my side knocked out of the OTB cup last week, I need 400 goals from exhibition matches for my sponsorship pay out so any of the newer weaker sides on here want some good cash from playing a a big ground let me know because I need to kick some big scores.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I had a comfortable win, 89-63 but I was in the 80s for the whole last quarter. We dropped right off with a last qtr fade out. Disappointing really.

FF kicked 7 straight, RFP kicked 1.4, last week he kicked 5 straight, and my LFP kicked 2.2. My ROV kicked 1.3. Frustrating. He should be going forward to targets rather than having a ping. My biggest problem is that every player in every line seems to have to get a touch before we go forward.. eg LBF kicks to RBF who handballs to HB who handballs to the running RR, to the LW, ROV, CTR, RW, Ruck, LFF... and so on. Very annoying since after a chain of 7 or 8 possessions the ball is often turned over while still in the middle. The opposition then go forward and hit their FF in 2 touches. Not sure how to combat this style of play with the game engine.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Now i can get on with my buisness
Cup run is over (thank god).

And i ended up winning my league match by 210 (FF kicking 14.8) points agaisnt a side that was 3 spots below me. Im still sitting 6th, 2 games behind 4th, but i play them this week and i reckon i can get over the line.

Ill be tipping myself to finish 4th or 5th this season, that lost to 13th legion in the dieing seconds is going to make it tough with him being a game ahead of me at 5th.

It will be close for that 4th spot, top 2 are already done with both teams on 10-0 but they play this week and 3rd on 8-2 ,them only loosing to the top sides.
V-BOMBERS:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

How many teams play finals?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robrulz5 wrote:How many teams play finals?
Top 4.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Looks like I may miss out then!
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Anyone still in the cup?

Were is everyone on the ladder?
V-BOMBERS:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I'm currently 5th.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Ramanama wrote:Anyone still in the cup?

Were is everyone on the ladder?
Thankfully no.

3rd

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I'm currently 2nd on the ladder after dropping a game I shouldn't have earlier in the season, playing top spot this week I have a much better % than him so should be able to get the win and take back top spot. As for OTB cup finally got myself knocked out last week now I just need to focus on kicking 400 exhibition goals.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Well got over the line by 99 points today. A bit disappointed after being up by 70 odd at half time. They rallied in the third and closed the margin and then I struggled to kick goals in the last, amazingly. I don't understand why I never seem to get any home ground advantage but when I;m playing teams who are average, they rise to the occasion at home and sneak over the line. Happens almost every time. Really annoying.

Looking for an Exhi game this week against a relatively weakish defence. Need to kick 16+ goals after a pitiful display against mediocre opposition in last week's Exhi game... where I was playing at home with similar (slightly better in the centre) stats and somehow lost the game. Really frustrating. :roll:

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A 111 point win for my side after a 115 exhibition win during the week.