Ontheball.com.au

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

ARCN
On the Rookie List

Re: Ontheball.com.au

Post by ARCN »

any one want to exhibition match tomorrow

13th legion
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Lost my first game of the season but won the last two, the most recent one quite convincingly.

Question - do people employ scouts? I'm just a bit concerned they're too expensive - what do people reckon?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

I lost my first game too, but also won the next 2.

Yea i always get scouts going, i think there great. Always pick up the 18/19 year olds.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I'm getting creamed in premier league but I've managed to snag a couple of wins. Should have been 3 but got ripped off with a 5 goal burst from the opposition's midfield (tap, goal, tap, goal, etc) after having a commanding lead with just a few minutes left on the clock. Total crock.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I'm going very well - mind you it is my first season and I am Div 3 or something.

5w 1l and a percentage of 180-odd. 8)
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

Vic Div 2 III is going to be an all bomber fest with me ramanama and gatsid this year
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

And by the looks of things I should have it in the bag :lol:
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Somehow I've been promoted to Vic Div 2 II despite finish sixth in Vic Div 3 III last season. :lol: Still, I have a few handy recruits and a great trainer this season so Death Valley FC are looking up. :D
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

probably due to inactive relegations but good luck div 2 aint too hard
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Good to see the BT boys heading up the table in their league. 1, 2, 3.

I'm clear at the top of mine as well. Haven't dropped a game yet and I'll be disappointed if I don't go thru undefeated.

What do you guys think about the proposed changes for Season 12 (league re-structuring) and 13 (injuries, interchange, physio) ?

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Ossie wrote:Somehow I've been promoted to Vic Div 2 II despite finish sixth in Vic Div 3 III last season. :lol: Still, I have a few handy recruits and a great trainer this season so Death Valley FC are looking up. :D
Well, this has been an epic, epic failure. I was promoted ahead of five teams who finished above me in my previous league, and they themselves were not promoted and are ripping up the old Div 3.
I have been belted by 10 goals minimum every week. Despite asking the organisers to stick me back into a different league, I was basically told to lump it or leave it. C***s.
I have been tanking for the last 12 games, just saving up my money to buy a few half decent players. I have been absolutely shafted by this comp and feel totally disillusioned.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Don't stress too much Ossie. There's quite a few decent players on the Free Agents list at the moment. See if you can nab a few of them fairly cheaply, particularly the younger guys. Save your money and prepare for next season when the leagues are restructured. If you can get your side sorted for that and have money aside to pick up good players who have been discarded or from sides that have gone inactive, you'll improve your side pretty quickly and start running over guys.

I was promoted to Premier league last season and got thumped, although I think I won 6 games. As a result, I was demoted but had a better trainer from Premier that I retained and picked up some good players with my premier league scout that are now in my firsts. I'm undefeated at the moment with the game of the season tomorrow. I win this game, I should roll thru to the finals undefeated.

Next season will be very different. The league should be pretty even based on ranking points and league and ladder position. If you're getting flogged, you'll go well next season.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Boyler_Room wrote:Don't stress too much Ossie. There's quite a few decent players on the Free Agents list at the moment. See if you can nab a few of them fairly cheaply, particularly the younger guys. Save your money and prepare for next season when the leagues are restructured. If you can get your side sorted for that and have money aside to pick up good players who have been discarded or from sides that have gone inactive, you'll improve your side pretty quickly and start running over guys.

I was promoted to Premier league last season and got thumped, although I think I won 6 games. As a result, I was demoted but had a better trainer from Premier that I retained and picked up some good players with my premier league scout that are now in my firsts. I'm undefeated at the moment with the game of the season tomorrow. I win this game, I should roll thru to the finals undefeated.

Next season will be very different. The league should be pretty even based on ranking points and league and ladder position. If you're getting flogged, you'll go well next season.
Cheers mate. I managed to nab a decent defender today but need a few more good backs. Another good midfielder would be handy too. Have heaps of young guys but they're taking a while to come along cos most are only 19.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

19 yrs olds are like gold. Get yourself a top trainer and they'll be guns in no time!

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Ahhhh... you're Death Valley FC! We've been in a few bidding wars against each other. Ha!

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Boyler_Room wrote:Ahhhh... you're Death Valley FC! We've been in a few bidding wars against each other. Ha!
Haha, yeah that's me - who are you?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Salvo Saints. Can't believe I didn't pick up on that before. It's not like you never mentioned it.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

For all you BTers still on OTB... get over to the Coaches Lounge and vote for the Essendon Legends, John COleman and Dick Reynolds for the rights to have leagues named after them.

At the moment, John Coleman is narrowly inside the four man selection, with Roy Cazaly hot on his heels, just 2 votes behind. I'd rather play in the John Coleman league than the Roy Cazaly league. Have your say! Get in there and vote!!

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

some how i got into The John Coleman Premier league im so totally screwed
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I finished bottom of my league last season so got relegated. They put me up far too high too quickly so it was always going to happen.
I am now in Barassi League 3.2 ... whatever that means. :?