OFFICIAL 2007/2008 EPL Season Thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Looking for a Link to ALL HEAD to HEAD Results for LIVERPOOL V MANCHESTER UNITED.

Anyone got some imfo please?
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Liverpool 0-1Man U. Shatterd.

Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea. Dont mind really, i hate them both.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED :D
Man I hate Liverpoo
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Typical Liverpool performance really - dominate possession, have more shots on goal, have more chances but get lazy for 1 minute and cough up a goal.

Mind you Rooney should have made it 2-0.

How bad was Kewell? Absolutely horrible, turned the ball over so many times, including the time when we conceded the goal. Babel is a far better and dangerous player in my opinion - we looked like scoring a lot more after he came on.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

you guys might of shaded possesion but in actual fact not many chances were created by either team rama. Don't look at the stats Riise and Gerrard had about 6 shots from the half way line!!! Your only two chances were in fact from horrible keeping from VanDerSar that were cleared off the line. Tight game, but I thought we deserved it purely because of our back four's dominance and Anderson and Hargreaves bossing the midfield. Why the hell did Rafa start Kuyt and Kewell? Babel was brilliant when he came on and almost changed the game.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

ace076 wrote:you guys might of shaded possesion but in actual fact not many chances were created by either team rama. Don't look at the stats Riise and Gerrard had about 6 shots from the half way line!!! Your only two chances were in fact from horrible keeping from VanDerSar that were cleared off the line. Tight game, but I thought we deserved it purely because of our back four's dominance and Anderson and Hargreaves bossing the midfield. Why the hell did Rafa start Kuyt and Kewell? Babel was brilliant when he came on and almost changed the game.

Not to mention Kewell's 5 attempts at goal which went closer to hitting the roof than going anywhere near the goal!

Torres should have put his header in after Kewell almost slammed it in.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

ace076 wrote:you guys might of shaded possesion but in actual fact not many chances were created by either team rama. Don't look at the stats Riise and Gerrard had about 6 shots from the half way line!!! Your only two chances were in fact from horrible keeping from VanDerSar that were cleared off the line. Tight game, but I thought we deserved it purely because of our back four's dominance and Anderson and Hargreaves bossing the midfield. Why the hell did Rafa start Kuyt and Kewell? Babel was brilliant when he came on and almost changed the game.
Straight out of Fergie's Press conference ???
:roll:
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Easy Dodge, i know it's a little hard to take, I would be exactly the same. I just find some of Rafa's decisions slightly amusing to say the least!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

ace076 wrote:Easy Dodge, i know it's a little hard to take, I would be exactly the same. I just find some of Rafa's decisions slightly amusing to say the least!!
friggin Gutted about losing 1-0 AGAIN..... Yosi shouldn't have stayed on the line.

Rafa's not the best manager to read with his Team lists.... :lol:

Babel has been started plenty this season, especially before Kewell came back but His best matches has been as a Sub. His scoring rate/sub appearances is probably just the best of any player anywhere ATM. And he narrowly missed one in the second half.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Ah dear old Harry. What a great servant he has been to Liverpool. 4th out of 4 again this year Dodge? Maybe you should get a plastic spoon. :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

EVERTON'S due for a CRACK at GLORY.So Let it be,....
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robbie67 wrote:Ah dear old Harry. What a great servant he has been to Liverpool. 4th out of 4 again this year Dodge? Maybe you should get a plastic spoon. :lol:
He's Got a Champions League and FA Cup winners Medal...... Something Leeds couldn't give him :P
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

grassy1 wrote:EVERTON'S due for a CRACK at GLORY.So Let it be,....
HAHAHAHAHA ... Everton and Glory shouldn't go in the same sentence . their last CL campaign didn't even get out of the qualification phase :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well it's either them,Arsenal,Chelsea or Spurs.

EVERTON.

Moyes(a Scot)has been working his Arse off building toward something and deserves some reward.

It was COVENTRY who knocked United off wasn't it?Something to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of their only DOMESTIC success.Which by the way I tipped.Pity I didn't put money on it.If I could in those days.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oh ROBBIE KEANNE,why did you SPURN that PENALTY last night?

SPURS would have won.Gave ARSENAL the PERFECT GET OUT OF JAIL CARD and they SNATCHED IT.

LIVERPOOL got back on track somewhat last night with a 4 - 1 WIN over PORTSMOUTH,who were 6 from 6 on the road.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Another reason to give EVERTON a plug this week.

Tonight at OLD TRAFFORD.

Go TOFFEES!
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Damn you Robbie Keane!!!!!!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Damn you Ronaldo.

MAN UNITED 2 - 1 EVERTON

Penalty in the 88th minute.

Was it Legit?
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

100% penalty this time, stupid foul on Giggs, he unlike Ronaldo, DOESN'T dive!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,didn't see it.But if it's good enough for BBC Radio,it's good enough for me.Certainly the way it was described.

Terrible and Clumsy.