International Cricket

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: International Cricket

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:28 pm

tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:That freak Kumar Sangakkara is at it again....

Just passed 12,000 test runs (in the quickest time - 224 innings), knocked up his 38th test century, and his 11th double century (one behind the world record held by Sir Donald Bradman). His average is a bees dick under 59. Amazing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand ... 49779.html
And it wasn't like it was a featherbed - team was 5-78 at one stage. He made 203 out of 350 odd.
One of the classiest batsmen I've ever seen, and a gentleman to boot.
Just awesome this bloke.

Would love a No.3 just half as good as he is in our side. Compare Watson's stats with Sanga and you get quite a giggle.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 am

BenDoolan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:That freak Kumar Sangakkara is at it again....

Just passed 12,000 test runs (in the quickest time - 224 innings), knocked up his 38th test century, and his 11th double century (one behind the world record held by Sir Donald Bradman). His average is a bees dick under 59. Amazing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand ... 49779.html
And it wasn't like it was a featherbed - team was 5-78 at one stage. He made 203 out of 350 odd.
One of the classiest batsmen I've ever seen, and a gentleman to boot.
Just awesome this bloke.

Would love a No.3 just half as good as he is in our side. Compare Watson's stats with Sanga and you get quite a giggle.
Compare Watson's stats with just about anyone (bowling or batting) and you get quite a giggle…

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:27 pm

A new ODI record has been set by South Africa. Highest ever total 2/439 off 50 overs with Amla scoring 153*, Russouw 128, and De Villiers 149.

De Villiers 149 off 44 balls with 9 fours and 16 sixes. His hundred came up in 31 deliveries. FMD.

No matter how piss weak the Windies bowling was, or how hard a concrete block the pitch was, that is one phenomenal effort :shock: :shock: :shock:

I look forward to a day when a team scores 500, and every scoring shot is a reverse of everything conventional. Won't be long folks...

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:42 am

BenDoolan wrote:A new ODI record has been set by South Africa. Highest ever total 2/439 off 50 overs with Amla scoring 153*, Russouw 128, and De Villiers 149.

De Villiers 149 off 44 balls with 9 fours and 16 sixes. His hundred came up in 31 deliveries. FMD.

No matter how piss weak the Windies bowling was, or how hard a concrete block the pitch was, that is one phenomenal effort :shock: :shock: :shock:

I look forward to a day when a team scores 500, and every scoring shot is a reverse of everything conventional. Won't be long folks...
:shock: That is unbelieveable. 2 fer as well..... The guys in the shed would be pissed not to get a crack.

Where to for the Windies? I remember them being unbeatable in the Benson and Hedges days.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:46 am

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:A new ODI record has been set by South Africa. Highest ever total 2/439 off 50 overs with Amla scoring 153*, Russouw 128, and De Villiers 149.

:shock: That is unbelieveable. 2 fer as well..... The guys in the shed would be pissed not to get a crack.

Where to for the Windies? I remember them being unbeatable in the Benson and Hedges days.
Windies are dead to cricket. It used to be their religion 70's & 80's. Then the school kids started shooting hoops and kicking soccer balls in the 90's.

The problem is, the West Indies isn't a nation. It's a group of island countries getting together to form a "national" team. There is a lot of bickering between Islands, and they aren't really united.

It's a shame.

Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:50 am

Sismis wrote: :shock: That is unbelieveable. 2 fer as well..... The guys in the shed would be pissed not to get a crack.
My favourite part of that whole scorecard is the guy from WI who did get a crack and made 1 from 15 balls. You'd just about have to give it up.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:28 am

Who likes Bangers & Mash? I thought the English do. I wonder how it tastes for them at the moment?

http://m.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v- ... 29825.html

What an engrossing conclusion. Good luck to the Deshi's! [-o<

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:35 am

Sausages and Mash 'Taters have done it!

http://m.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v- ... 29827.html