Ashes Tour 2013

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Ashes Tour 2013

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm

j-mac31 wrote:2nd ODI

Aus 7/315 (50 overs) (M. Clarke 105, G. Bailey 82, A. Finch 45, W. Rankin 2/49) defeated Eng 227 (44.2 overs) (J. Buttler 75, K. Pietersen 60, E. Morgan 54, C. McKay 3/47)

Smashed 'em.

Bailey and Clarke were on fire in the middle after Finch got us away quickly. Our bowlers just about ended it in about 10 overs and when Pitersen went out in the 23rd over that was it.
Great innings by Clarke. Bailey batted exceptionally well also.

I watched in horror when Watto referred yet another LBW. I thought "FMD, here we go AGAIN!" I thought it was plumb. But then the hot spot showed an inside edge. Commentators tried to explain that it could have been bat on pad that caused the inside edge hot spot. But hot spot did not show anything on the pad (when the bat was played forward), and only when the ball hit the pad you could see a hot spot there. So, logic says the ball hit inside edge of bat - and then onto the pad. Aleem Dar ruled in Watson's favour and rightly so. But the Pommie commentators logic works in reverse.

Kettleborough was in disbelief too.

But then later Watto was given not out for a caught behind (there was a snicky sound though). Poms referred it and hot spot showed nothing. There was a definite click sound the moment ball went passed the toe of the bat. Aleem Dar ruled in England's favour (and rightly so in my book). Snicko later confirms it.

Kettleborough was further in disbelief :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:45 am

FMD!!!
McKay just bowled a Hat Trick.

Pieterson, Trott and Root
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 am

rockhole wrote:FMD!!!
McKay just bowled a Hat Trick.

Pieterson, Trott and Root
Saw it. Brilliant stuff! Pity we lost the match though.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:49 am

j-mac31 wrote:As for the series, we're probably not that far off it, despite losing 3-0 (almost 4-0).

England didn't get to 400 once - our bowlers are good enough to keep us in the game.

We just need our batsmen to make some runs together when it isn't going to rain.
Rogers and Smith were good - if not surprising - selection and if Watson can score when the series is still alive and Clarke can get back into some form we're looking pretty good.
Wise wise words.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:06 pm

:mrgreen:

I also mentioned in the summer series thread that Swann wouldn't be as good here.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.