Premier League

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Premier League

Post by Gimps »

Andy Carroll! Eat shit Liverpool.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Nah,Eat Shit Fenway Sports Group!

They knew best! :evil:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Go Foxes!

Win the Title,Champs!

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I have barely seen a Prem League game in years, so really not that attached to it anymore in a meaningful way....but even as a Man Utd supporter I seriously hope Leicester go on to win the f****** thing! What a story that would be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Great to see what happened last night,to send Leicester into Meltdown.

Gotta keep going Foxes,which pretty much means,they can't afford any slip ups!

Don't want Lucky Arsenal to slip in for an undeserved title. :-&
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

7 point lead with 6 games to go.

Got Chelsea and Manure on the road,which won't be easy.But the other 4 are Most certainly Winnable,which would put them out of range of everyone.

Here's hopin' !

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Down we go...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Still 7 points with 5 games to go.

Knew we all couldn't count on those useless f****** at Manure to help out. :evil: :twisted:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

9 pts from their 5 games will win it for Leicester.
Tough game v West Ham this week too.
5000/1 at start of season - surely in the history of sport there has never been a bigger outsider?
Good luck to them. Hope they lift trophy at Old Trafford.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Sooner rather than later,Tony.

Hope the 'Ammers prevail in the FA Cup match with Manure.But I hope they go to Extra Time and knacker themselves in the process to bother with the following match.

Nick off Spurs!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Oops,did we forget to anoint LEICESTER as the Premier League Champions?

Never mind.I'm sure I congratulated them in May elsewhere,but well done Foxes.

New season starts in a couple of weeks or 3.

Any danger of improvement from Liverpool? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

We missed a year or 2 here.

Chelsea and Man City have won a Premiership or 2 and my congrats go to them!

But LIVERPOOL are CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE Yet Again!

6 Times,only behind REAL MADRID on 13 and AC MILAN on 7,But really should be 8, given Marseille’s Disgrace!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Pretty much halfway through 2019/20 and despite my Muckaround Prediction on Essendon’s Preductions,I am not about to go the early Crow.

That’s despite having a 13 point lead and a Match in hand,due to our World Club Cup Campaign in Qatar.

The second half of the season could be potentially tricky,with a few road bumps possibly arising for us.

However,the lead we accumulated through our good 1st half of the season,combined with our own rivals tripping up of late,has us sitting Head and Shoulders above the rest of the Clubs.

Our 4 - 0 Win at Leicester and City’s collapse at Wolves last night,might have convinced many Liverpool Devoteees,that the long wait since 1990 is over,but to me,it’s not over yet!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

3 more points in the bank for Liverpool and despite Leicester and Man City finding some recent form,if we maintain our’s,the drought will break.

Calculating the maximum points Leicester and Man City can get,I calculate 97 points is the Magic Mark for us.Get that and more,we Will Win the Premier League at Last.

Of course,we haven’t Won it yet,especially with Spurs and Utd to come,after Round 3 of the Cup is completed.We play Everton there.So we’ll 3 opponents more than eager to stick it to us.

Don’t know about Kane’s injury status,but I see Pogba is out for 3 to 4 weeks.Some folk might say on Pogba,no great loss,given his underwhelming form,but a fixture like Liverpool,could have really seen him step up!I doubt they would rush him back,risking further injury,so the end of January might see him return.

The end of January will see Liverpool play it’s catch up fixture with West Ham Away,who Surprise,surprise,having Sacked their Manager Pellegrini,Won their very 1st game after doing so,4 - 0.Dear me boys,had you basically Dogged it for the previous 8 games with Manuel in charge?

Doesn’t speak much for your attitude to your fans,if you did stop trying with your previous Manager,does it? :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Another 3 points in the bank,though reading the Match Timeline,it seems Sours lost a Golden Opportunity to steal a point or 3,but didn’t take their chances.

Leicester slipped up at Home 2 - 1,so I reckon there’s only City left to Seriously challenge us for the Title now.

United next and after they disposed of Norwich 4 - 0,they’ll want to stick it up us at Anfield.It’s Worse for them that we Win the Premiership,figuring City’s good years can’t last.They’d sooner cop a City Title this year,than Liverpool if they’re deluded enough to think they can still Win it this season. :lol:

Wouldn’t put it past them to steal a point or 3 next Sunday though!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

16 points clear,with 1 game in hand,though Mane did sustain an injury.

How bad?Not sure yet.Will it disrupt our season?Possibly!

Though with each slip up by City and Leicester,it brings the Premier League ever so closer.

Only need 27 more points,minimum from here.Possibly less!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The good news is Liverpool only need 6 more points to Win a Long Awaited Title!

The very Bad news is,the season now postponed until April 4,may be Voided!

Jesus! #-o :o :evil: :-& :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Thank heavens it wasn’t and Natural Justice was allowed to take place,keeping in mind the terrible events around the World,including Jolly old England missing several Sisters and brothers in an Absolute Tragedy,not seen in Decades.

So the Triumph in Winning the Premier League and our 1st Championship in 30 years is muted and somber in more ways than one,given many Merseysiders be it from Liverpool,Everton,Tranmere or Birkenhead for starters are lost forever. :( :( :( :( :(

Still,at long last one thing has happened,which would bring a smile to many on earth,up above or even down below -

LIVERPOOL CHAMPIONS 2019/20

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well done to Kloppy and the boys and hopefully if still there,the Boot Room Brigade!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Our boys had a couple of off days against City and Villa.

The first,a 4 - 0 Spanking at the hands of City,possibly an Angry City,who might think their Title is on loan for just a year.

We hardly covered ourselves in glory with that effort.However,keeping in mind Shanks’ mantra on representing Liverpool,I think most Reds supporters forgave that effort,after Kloppy and the boys Finally landed that long awaited 19th Championship!

After effects from the justified celebrations were pretty much expected,as disappointing as it is to lose any match.

We played Villa yesterday,a Club with their own proud History and a European Cup in the trophy cabinet,but in terrible danger of Relegation.That shouldn’t happen to any Continental Champion,but Nottingham Forest have been stuck in Division One for years.

Villa took it up us and possibly could have come away with the points.But our boys did the job in the end(2 - 0)and started a new Winning habit,that will hopefully be maintained for the rest of the season and beyond for 2020/21.

Meanwhile City May have got a bit carried away with their own Success in smashing us,losing 1- 0 to Southampton.A look at the Stats suggest City were hard at work,with plenty of possession and plenty of shots on goal.But they couldn’t score 1.Southampton scored once and not for the first time,1 is enough.

As for City,9 defeats doesn’t really say they deserve to close to the Title.Then again,Derby County lost 10 in 1974/75.But they played 42 matches,as opposed to the 38 that is played these days.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Finally Leeds are back in the big time.