Australia v South Africa Test Series

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

User avatar
BERT
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6291
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BERT » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:40 am

Wow that was really bad.

If there was no rain it would have been over in less than 2 days.

People already comparing it to the 86 side against NZ, but at least then they were playing younger players.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:43 am

BERT wrote:Wow that was really bad.

If there was no rain it would have been over in less than 2 days.

People already comparing it to the 86 side against NZ, but at least then they were playing younger players.
'86 team was depleted due to Rebel Tour defectors. Now we just have defecators.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
BERT
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6291
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BERT » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:41 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
BERT wrote:Wow that was really bad.

If there was no rain it would have been over in less than 2 days.

People already comparing it to the 86 side against NZ, but at least then they were playing younger players.
'86 team was depleted due to Rebel Tour defectors. Now we just have defecators.
Yeah, Forgot about the Rebel Tours.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:05 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:Oh well, here we go. Perhaps we should set an early goal of getting to 50 with no more than 3 wickets lost.
Or maybe bat for longer than a hour...
Woohoo, two goals met. :roll:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:05 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
BERT wrote:Wow that was really bad.

If there was no rain it would have been over in less than 2 days.

People already comparing it to the 86 side against NZ, but at least then they were playing younger players.
'86 team was depleted due to Rebel Tour defectors. Now we just have defecators.
:lol: #-o
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:19 pm

We should pick 11 different players for the third Test. Who's with me?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 pm

j-mac31 wrote:We should pick 11 different players for the third Test. Who's with me?
T. Dean
M. Harris
M. Stoinis
P. Handscomb
G. Maxwell
M. Wade
C. White
D. Christian
C. Tremain
S. Boland
J. Holland
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:34 pm

Yes. I like it.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
tonysoprano
Club Captain
Posts: 4332
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:31 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by tonysoprano » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:13 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:We should pick 11 different players for the third Test. Who's with me?
T. Dean
M. Harris
M. Stoinis
P. Handscomb
G. Maxwell
M. Wade
C. White
D. Christian
C. Tremain
S. Boland
J. Holland
This made me laugh. =D>

I'd have no problem with Harris and White getting call ups.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6489
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by Crazyman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:39 am

The good thing about the test finishing so quickly is that our players will be well rested for the next "test"
And I don't have to watch any more of that drivel :P

User avatar
BERT
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6291
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BERT » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:10 am

Crazyman wrote:The good thing about the test finishing so quickly is that our players will be well rested for the next "test"
And I don't have to watch any more of that drivel :P
I think they are being made to play in the shield matches this weekend.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by desmondo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 pm

BERT wrote:
Crazyman wrote:The good thing about the test finishing so quickly is that our players will be well rested for the next "test"
And I don't have to watch any more of that drivel :P
I think they are being made to play in the shield matches this weekend.
All 'test' players are playing shield this week, to try and find some sort of form I should think.

I might be tempted to rest Starc (our best bowler by a country mile) and maybe Hazlewood too, as they are too important to the team and have long summers ahead of them.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:59 pm

2nd Test;

AUS 85 (S. Smith 48*, V. Philander 5-21, K. Abbott 3-41) & 2/161 (U. Khawaja 64, D. Warner 45, K. Abbott 6-77, K. Rabada 4-34) v SAf 326 (Q. de Kock 104, T. Bavuma 74, H. Amla 47, J. Hazlewood 6-89, M. Starc 3-79)

After 2 tests, 3 Marsh's are gone...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
F111
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 14998
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by F111 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:56 pm


User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:26 pm

BenDoolan wrote:After 2 tests, 3 Marsh's are gone...
Hahahaha! :lol:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Not sure about Maddinson, but the rest of the changes are good selections.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
tonysoprano
Club Captain
Posts: 4332
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:31 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by tonysoprano » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:50 pm

j-mac31 wrote:Not sure about Maddinson, but the rest of the changes are good selections.
Yep surprised by Maddison too - but good luck to him.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 23819
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:37 pm

3rd Test;

Love the Day / Night Test. Something in it for everyone.

SAf 9/259 dec (F. du Plessis 118*, S. Cook 40, J. Hazlewood 4-68, J. Bird 2-57, M. Starc 2-78) v AUS 0/14
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Good start, hopefully we can bat through today.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

User avatar
j-mac31
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15233
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: The city of brotherly love (Detroit)

Re: Australia v South Africa Test Series

Post by j-mac31 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Khawaja. =D> Smith. #-o
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests