F1 2017

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

nudder12
Club Captain

F1 2017

Post by nudder12 »

First testing sessions done and dusted.
Mercedes look like still on top.
Ferrari closing the gap.
Red Bull not the challenger everyone thought they'd be.
McLaren still beseiged by Honda woes.
Sauber still at the rear.
The rest - ho hum, time will tell just who swaps places with who.
Liking the liveries. Wow the tyres look huge. Liking the lower rear wings.
Liking that Stroll has a Maldonado homage website :)
Last edited by nudder12 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: F1 2017

Post by Crazyman »

Be interesting season if only to see how much any other teams have caught up with the Mercs
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

nudder12 wrote:First testing sessions done and dusted.
Mercedes look like still on top.
Ferrari closing the gap.
Red Bull not the challenger everyone thought they'd be.
McLaren still beseiged by Honda woes.
Sauber still at the rear.
The rest - ho hum, time will tell just who swaps places with who.
Liking the liveries. Wow the tyres look huge. Liking the lower rear wings.
Liking that Vandoorne has a Maldonado homage website :)
Pointless drawing conclusions after a couple of test sessions in Spain. Somewhat similar to drawing up a form guide during the JTL series.

Red Bull's greatest advantage, aerodynamics, have not even been fully employed as yet and most pundits believe that due to A/D wizard Adrian Newey, this will be their forte. I would not be speculating on form until a couple of races are under the belt.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

rockhole wrote: Pointless drawing conclusions after a couple of test sessions in Spain. Somewhat similar to drawing up a form guide during the JTL series.

Red Bull's greatest advantage, aerodynamics, have not even been fully employed as yet and most pundits believe that due to A/D wizard Adrian Newey, this will be their forte. I would not be speculating on form until a couple of races are under the belt.
Newey hasn't been in complete control of the aero design since 2015, his role has changed since then, however would still have been called upon no doubt about it. They has said the weren't going for ultimate speed in the testing, but believing what they say is questionable... I expect them to close the gap a little bit but they need to find the better part of a full second which is a huge gap!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

The thing I'm looking forward to at the Melbourne GP is the free piss and the optic nerve. The racing has gone down the tube in my book. Going with Mercedes on the Friday and Red Bull via Holden on race day.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Re Red Bull..............
Jazz_84 wrote:.. I expect them to close the gap a little bit but they need to find the better part of a full second which is a huge gap!!
Exactly! Aero might gain them a few tenths, and don't think that Merc and others won't bring more improvement yet too, so it looks like Red Bull are behind the game at the moment.
But yes, it is early days.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Great to see Perth boy,Daniel Ricardo start to get some Reward for Effort in recent GP's with Podium finishes that culminated in Winning the Azerbaijan Grand Prix in Baku.

Had a lot of luck in getting it,from 17th.But sod it,after all the Shit luck he's copped,he deserves the good times coming his way.And a touch of poetic justice,with upstart Max copping the Shitboxes Danny never should have got,with 4 retirement in 6 Races.

Who's this Lance kid from Canada?Son of a Billionaire,he has obvious backing,but it seems he has talent to burn,with a podium finish very early in his F1 Career.Will keep tabs on him.

3 Races in July on the 9th,16th and 30th in Austria,Great Britain and Hungary before a 4 week break over most of August with Egomaniacs Vettell and Hamilton bitching it out,with 14 points between them.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Looking very likely Dan wont be at Red Bull come 2019... with new engine regulations and as a fan we'd have no idea who will be the better team between Ferrari or Mercedes, but either will be better then Red Bull even if they start running Aston Martin's or Porche's... and heaven help them if they are left with Honda's like Torro Rosso are.
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

IIRC Dan was close to signing with the prancing horse last year...wouldn’t be surprised if he chases Vettel there :wink:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I'd be quite happy if he did go to Ferrari,Crazyman.

Don't know how he'd be received by the Fanatics at Monza,but hoping a Duncraig lad from Perth will be received well.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

With a name like Ricciardo, I think the Tifosi will embrace him with open arms.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark