Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 pm

2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) v AUS
Last edited by BenDoolan on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7335
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by grassy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Let ‘em off the Hook,Darn it! #-o

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15164
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by F111 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Marsh bros :oops:

:roll: #-o

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:15 pm

F111 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm
Marsh bros :oops:

:roll: #-o
Shaun Marsh averaging around 11 in his last 10 test innings. This f****** pattern just keeps on repeating itself. FFS, he’s 35...STAMP HIS f****** PAPERS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm

2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 5/277 (Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Babar Azam 49*, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 2-117) v AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by nudder12 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm
2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 5/277 (Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Babar Azam 49*, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 2-117) v AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23)
Well, if the last Test "backs to the wall" scenario resulting in a gritty and confidence inspiring draw is anything to judge the current situation by, a draw result here will be a miracle deserving Sainthood!!! (over 500 in arrears, 4 wickets remaining and 2+ days still to go) Rain on the forecast - in UAE? hahahaha
Update - Paks declared 9/400
Looks like the previous result generated unwarranted optimism and overconfidence. Shit performance from AUS when they'd supposedly discovered their actual values and ability to tough it out.
Only highlight was the run-out of Azhar Ali. If you haven't seen it, you just HAVE TO check it out.
Last edited by nudder12 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm
2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 5/277 (Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Babar Azam 49*, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 2-117) v AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23)
Well, if the last Test "backs to the wall" scenario resulting in a gritty and confidence inspiring draw is anything to judge the current situation by, a draw result here will be a miracle deserving Sainthood!!! (over 500 in arrears, 4 wickets remaining and 2+ days still to go) Rain on the forecast??
Need to bat for approx 190 overs. I’m tipping we’ll last about 190 deliveries...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by nudder12 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:38 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm
nudder12 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm
2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 5/277 (Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Babar Azam 49*, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 2-117) v AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23)
Well, if the last Test "backs to the wall" scenario resulting in a gritty and confidence inspiring draw is anything to judge the current situation by, a draw result here will be a miracle deserving Sainthood!!! (over 500 in arrears, 4 wickets remaining and 2+ days still to go) Rain on the forecast??
Need to bat for approx 190 overs. I’m tipping we’ll last about 190 deliveries...
Are any of the 142,317 betting agencies offering odds on this?

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 pm

nudder12 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:38 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm
nudder12 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm
2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 5/277 (Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Babar Azam 49*, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 2-117) v AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23)
Well, if the last Test "backs to the wall" scenario resulting in a gritty and confidence inspiring draw is anything to judge the current situation by, a draw result here will be a miracle deserving Sainthood!!! (over 500 in arrears, 4 wickets remaining and 2+ days still to go) Rain on the forecast??
Need to bat for approx 190 overs. I’m tipping we’ll last about 190 deliveries...
Are any of the 142,317 betting agencies offering odds on this?
No doubt!!

Haha
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 pm

2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 9/400 dec (Babar Azam 99, Sarfraz Ahmed 81, Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 4-135, M. Labuschagne 2-74) v AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by s'dreams » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:15 pm
F111 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm
Marsh bros :oops:

:roll: #-o
Shaun Marsh averaging around 11 in his last 10 test innings. This f****** pattern just keeps on repeating itself. FFS, he’s 35...STAMP HIS f****** PAPERS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!
haven't stepped up: Warne
Ronny Lerner
By Ronny Lerner

Legendary Australian cricketer Shane Warne has labelled Shaun and Mitch Marsh’s recent form as “inconsistent” and “ordinary” as the Australians stare down the barrel of a heavy second Test defeat against Pakistan.

Shaun Marsh has been woefully out of form in the current series in the UAE, scoring seven, zero, three and four, while Mitch hasn’t been much better, hitting 12, zero and 13.

In fact, in their last 10 Test innings, Shaun and Mitch have only averaged 8.80 and 10.50 respectively.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15164
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by F111 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 pm

In two tests and 8 innings they've collectively made less than 50runs.

Renshaw out has SM at 3, MM also higher than he should be. Now that Khawaja is also out, is Renshaw ready to play? Otherwise SM will be opening.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 pm

2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 9/400 dec (Babar Azam 99, Sarfraz Ahmed 81, Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 4-135, M. Labuschagne 2-74) defeated AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23) & 164 (M. Labuschagne 43, Mohammad Abbas 5-62, Yasir Shah 3-45)

f*** the Marsh’s off. Bloody disgrace. Show some balls Alfie, be consistent, and drop the c****. You demand excellence from Glenn Maxwell, then don’t accept this utter shit from these clowns.

Test team for the summer...

Matt Renshaw
Aaron Finch
Joe Burns
Travis Head
Marnus Labuschagne
Marcus Stoinis
Tim Paine
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Nathan Lyon
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by s'dreams » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:02 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 pm
2nd Test;

PAK 282 (Fakhar Zaman 94, Sarfraz Ahmed 94, N. Lyon 4-79, M. Labuschagne 3-45, M. Starc 2-37) & 9/400 dec (Babar Azam 99, Sarfraz Ahmed 81, Fakhar Zaman 66, Azhar Ali 64, Asad Shafiq 44, N. Lyon 4-135, M. Labuschagne 2-74) defeated AUS 145 (Mohammad Abbas 5-33, Bilal Asif 3-23) & 164 (M. Labuschagne 43, Mohammad Abbas 5-62, Yasir Shah 3-45)

f*** the Marsh’s off. Bloody disgrace. Show some balls Alfie, be consistent, and drop the c****. You demand excellence from Glenn Maxwell, then don’t accept this utter shit from these clowns.

Test team for the summer...

Matt Renshaw
Aaron Finch
Joe Burns
Travis Head
Marnus Labuschagne
Marcus Stoinis
Tim Paine
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Nathan Lyon
No Maxwell? Haven't seen worse treatment of a player since Dean Jones. Not sold on Labuschagne yet - had one innings out of 4 and Wouldn't consider him as the an allrounder just yet given the wickets v Pakistan were designed as day 1 tracks then to take spin. Surprised that hey didn't replace Holland with Agar for the second test as he is likely to play this summer (despite probably not being up to the standard needed).

Tremain (ex NSW now Vic) is bowling really well at the moment and could be considered (especially as typically, one Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood is off injured at any time). It was nice to give Siddle a farewell tour, but unless you want someone just to hold one end up, he is past it.

Thing to remember about the Marshes - they have been shit for years except against a second rate England with a third rate bowling lineup in Australia in 2017. The may be nice blokes - but this is ridiculous.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:55 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:02 am

No Maxwell? Haven't seen worse treatment of a player since Dean Jones. Not sold on Labuschagne yet - had one innings out of 4 and Wouldn't consider him as the an allrounder just yet given the wickets v Pakistan were designed as day 1 tracks then to take spin. Surprised that hey didn't replace Holland with Agar for the second test as he is likely to play this summer (despite probably not being up to the standard needed).

Tremain (ex NSW now Vic) is bowling really well at the moment and could be considered (especially as typically, one Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood is off injured at any time). It was nice to give Siddle a farewell tour, but unless you want someone just to hold one end up, he is past it.

Thing to remember about the Marshes - they have been shit for years except against a second rate England with a third rate bowling lineup in Australia in 2017. The may be nice blokes - but this is ridiculous.
I wouldn’t mind Maxwell there, but I don’t think it’ll happen. f****** Alfie Langer basically said “he needs more hundreds, gimme more hundreds”...so these c**** take him on the tour to UAE for the limited overs shit - which means he can’t play Shield cricket and score those “hundreds”.

By the way Alfie, how many f****** hundreds have the Marsh brothers hit over the journey mixed in with sustained periods of single figure scores??? Like always, your demands on others become FULL OF SHIT when you support your mates who deliver crap.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7335
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by grassy1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 am

Hapless Australians?So said the Egirl Bugle over here!Sean Marsh May as well don an Egirl Guernsey when he bats for the Green and Gold.JL would advocate for that,being a whirl fanatic himself.

Try Bloody Hopeless Australians,starting with Sean Marsh!He’d be lucky to make the Western Australian Team if I had my way.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24713
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:34 am

T20i;

UAE 6/117 off 20 overs (Shaiman Anwar 41, Mohammad Naveed 27*, B. Stanlake 2-20, N. Coulter-Nile 2-20) defeated by AUS 3/119 off 16.1 overs (D. Short 68*, Amir Hayat 2-26)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Post Reply