Page 1 of 2

Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:13 pm
by BenDoolan
Test Squad;

Tim Paine (c)
Ashton Agar
Brendan Doggett
Aaron Finch
Travis Head
Jon Holland
Usman Khawaja
Marnus Labuschagne
Nathan Lyon
Mitchell Marsh
Shaun Marsh
Michael Neser
Matt Renshaw
Peter Siddle
Mitchell Starc

Justin Langer says: “Glenn Maxwell needs to score more hundreds”

Maxwell has scored 7 first class tons from 59 matches. So let’s pick Aaron Finch who has 7 first class tons from 76 matches. No worries JL :roll:

Chris Tremain has taken 93 first class wickets @20.00 in the past two seasons. Yet Neser and Doggett get a gig ahead of him. WTF are they smoking?

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 am
by grassy1
Any sign of Fahwed Ahmed if the Emirates produce a spinning deck?

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 pm
by BenDoolan
grassy1 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 am
Any sign of Fahwed Ahmed if the Emirates produce a spinning deck?
No chance in hell.

I heard today that CA disallowed Maxwell playing County cricket this season because of the “Australia A series”. They then didn’t pick him for the Australia A series because “we already know his game”. Now he’s overlooked for the Pakistan series because “he needs to score more hundreds”. GAGF you arseholes.

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:10 pm
by grassy1
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 am
Any sign of Fahwed Ahmed if the Emirates produce a spinning deck?
No chance in hell.

I heard today that CA disallowed Maxwell playing County cricket this season because of the “Australia A series”. They then didn’t pick him for the Australia A series because “we already know his game”. Now he’s overlooked for the Pakistan series because “he needs to score more hundreds”. GAGF you arseholes.
Yep mate,agreed!

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:14 pm
by BenDoolan
Tour Match;

PAKA 278 (Abid Ali 85, Sami Aslam 51, N. Lyon 8-103) v AUS 4/433 (M. Marsh 162, S. Marsh 94, T. Head 66*, A. Finch 54, Waqas Maqsood 2-66)

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 pm
by rockhole
grassy1 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:10 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 am
Any sign of Fahwed Ahmed if the Emirates produce a spinning deck?
No chance in hell.

I heard today that CA disallowed Maxwell playing County cricket this season because of the “Australia A series”. They then didn’t pick him for the Australia A series because “we already know his game”. Now he’s overlooked for the Pakistan series because “he needs to score more hundreds”. GAGF you arseholes.
This has Dean Jones written all over it!!

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:21 am
by BenDoolan
rockhole wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:10 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 am
Any sign of Fahwed Ahmed if the Emirates produce a spinning deck?
No chance in hell.

I heard today that CA disallowed Maxwell playing County cricket this season because of the “Australia A series”. They then didn’t pick him for the Australia A series because “we already know his game”. Now he’s overlooked for the Pakistan series because “he needs to score more hundreds”. GAGF you arseholes.
This has Dean Jones written all over it!!
And Brad Hodge...

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:28 am
by BenDoolan
Tour Match;

PAKA 278 (Abid Ali 85, Sami Aslam 51, N. Lyon 8-103) & 7/261 (Asad Shafiq 69, Abid Ali 52, Iftikhar Ahmed 45, Shan Masood 41, J. Holland 5-79) v AUS 4/494 dec (M. Marsh 162, S. Marsh 94, T. Head 90*, A. Finch 54, Waqas Maqsood 2-66, Iftikhar Ahmed 2-149)

Match Drawn

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:17 pm
by BenDoolan
1st Test

PAK 3/255 (Mohammad Hafeez 126, Imam ul-Haq 76) v AUS

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 pm
by grassy1
3 - 56 since I last checked(ABCNews Perth),when Pakistan was 0 - 199.

Thought it may have been a whole lot worse than that. :-&

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:48 pm
by BenDoolan
1st Test

PAK 482 (Mohammad Hafeez 126, Haris Sohail 110, Asad Shafiq 80, Imam ul-Haq 76, P. Siddle 3-58, N. Lyon 2-114) & 3/45(J. Holland 2-9) v AUS 202 (U. Khawaja 85, A. Finch 62, Bilal Asif 6-36, Mohammad Abbas 4-29)

What a f****** mess. From 0/142 to all out 202. FMD :roll:

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 am
by s'dreams
Great to see that the Marsh Brothers have reverted to form. [/sarc]

Is there a word for a pair of brothers that each go for a duck in an innings?

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 am
by BenDoolan
s'dreams wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 am
Great to see that the Marsh Brothers have reverted to form. [/sarc]

Is there a word for a pair of brothers that each go for a duck in an innings?
Globetrotters

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:04 am
by BenDoolan
1st Test

PAK 482 (Mohammad Hafeez 126, Haris Sohail 110, Asad Shafiq 80, Imam ul-Haq 76, P. Siddle 3-58, N. Lyon 2-114) & 6/181 dec (Imam ul-Haq 48, Asad Shafiq 41, J. Holland 3-83, N. Lyon 2-58) v AUS 202 (U. Khawaja 85, A. Finch 62, Bilal Asif 6-36, Mohammad Abbas 4-29) & 3/136 (U. Khawaja 50*, A. Finch 49, Mohammad Abbas 3-26)

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 am
by s'dreams
BenDoolan wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 am
s'dreams wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 am
Great to see that the Marsh Brothers have reverted to form. [/sarc]

Is there a word for a pair of brothers that each go for a duck in an innings?
Globetrotters
More like the Washington Generals

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 pm
by grassy1
Tee up The Great Escspe,will yer please,Benny?

Great character by the boys today,when I for one had ‘em rolled by halfway through the day.

More in the next day or so,but for now to JL,Uzzie,Timmy and the boys,....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 pm
by BenDoolan
1st Test

PAK 482 (Mohammad Hafeez 126, Haris Sohail 110, Asad Shafiq 80, Imam ul-Haq 76, P. Siddle 3-58, N. Lyon 2-114) & 6/181 dec (Imam ul-Haq 48, Asad Shafiq 41, J. Holland 3-83, N. Lyon 2-58) v AUS 202 (U. Khawaja 85, A. Finch 62, Bilal Asif 6-36, Mohammad Abbas 4-29) & 8/362 (U. Khawaja 141, T. Head 72, T. Paine 61*, A. Finch 49, Yasir Shah 4-114, Mohammad Abbas 3-56)

Magnificent effort by Usman Khawaja =D>

Top knock from Tim Paine =D>

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 am
by grassy1
Uzzie can work on one thing though.

Don’t throw your Wicket away needlessly.He did it Twice this Teat,with shots that beggered belief.

A shame,because he really piled on the runs here.226 could have been so much more.

It was great to escape with a Draw,but Pakistan let us off the Hook,by not enforcing the Follow on.Given we lost 10 - 60,it was a No Brainer to send us back in.

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:49 pm
by BenDoolan
grassy1 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 am
Uzzie can work on one thing though.

Don’t throw your Wicket away needlessly.He did it Twice this Teat,with shots that beggered belief.

A shame,because he really piled on the runs here.226 could have been so much more.

It was great to escape with a Draw,but Pakistan let us off the Hook,by not enforcing the Follow on.Given we lost 10 - 60,it was a No Brainer to send us back in.
You gotta factor in the heat in the points you raised. Both for Khawaja after a 302 ball 141 - his concentration and energy levels would have been virtually zero.

Following on in 40+ degree temperatures puts a lot of strain on your bowlers.

Re: Australia v Pakistan Test Series in UAE

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm
by grassy1
Spin Bowlers?Pakistan’s Spin Bowlers would have been licking their lips at the prospect of getting an immediate crack at our then Frail batting lineupThey would have been very disappointed that they didn’t get that chance,Straight up.

Uzzie certainly deserves Credit for his batting in the main,but I still can’t forgive his mode of dismissals,especially the 1st Innings. :roll:

The Marsh brothers certainly did themselves little credit with their efforts with the bat.No doubt the WA Media and Public would excuse their failures,as easily as those from the Eagles when they tripped up. :roll: