Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:11 am

Crazyman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:52 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 am
Crazyman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:29 pm
Grubbers, gazunders, spitting cobras, and crab balls all on day 1. WTF is this pitch???
Yet watch our bowlers throw down pies while India pile on the runs...
No faith in Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins and Lyon? They’ve been carrying the team for a while now...
Starc ATM, No and Hazelwood has been down a bit (though a tad unlucky at times), Cummins, maybe, Lyon yes. Starc out of form hurts us overall...
Also India’s batting is much better than ours IMO
I have no doubt that India’s batting is better than ours, but our bowling is better than theirs...
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Sydney (Don't hold it against me)
Contact:

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by Crazyman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:11 am
Crazyman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:52 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 am
Crazyman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:29 pm
Grubbers, gazunders, spitting cobras, and crab balls all on day 1. WTF is this pitch???
Yet watch our bowlers throw down pies while India pile on the runs...
No faith in Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins and Lyon? They’ve been carrying the team for a while now...
Starc ATM, No and Hazelwood has been down a bit (though a tad unlucky at times), Cummins, maybe, Lyon yes. Starc out of form hurts us overall...
Also India’s batting is much better than ours IMO
I have no doubt that India’s batting is better than ours, but our bowling is better than theirs...
On paper yes, on form questionable...either way, if Aussies bowl well, we are in a good position. Also, i think Ishant has a side strain doesn’t he?

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7577
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by grassy1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:37 pm

El Skeleto as I called him in the past,is bowling now.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:03 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:37 pm
El Skeleto as I called him in the past,is bowling now.
Sharma?

Shouldn’t Shami be working at a car wash?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7577
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by grassy1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Yes,Sharma.

To me,the fella played El Skeleto in Nacho Libre looked like him,so I called him that.Just me,..... :lol:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 pm

2nd Test;

AUS 326 (M. Harris 70, T. Head 58, A. Finch 50, S. Marsh 45, I. Sharma 4-41, J. Bumrah 2-53, H. Vihari 2-53, U. Yadav 2-78) v IND 3/172 (V. Kohli 82*, A. Rahane 51*, M. Starc 2-42)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3645
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by s'dreams » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:14 am

Apparently the Australian bowlers are complaining about "soft balls" affecting their performance.

You really cannot argue with that assessment :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7577
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by grassy1 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 pm

At Perth Stadium now,with the Swami Army in front of me.

Creates a better atmosphere than most Tests.That is more spectator related than venue.

Reckon the Big Tests will be at Perth Stadium(India,England,South Africa),the rest at the WACA(Bangladesh,Pakistan,West Indies,Sri Lanka,Bangladesh and Ireland).

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3645
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by s'dreams » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:47 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 pm
At Perth Stadium now,with the Swami Army in front of me.

Creates a better atmosphere than most Tests.That is more spectator related than venue.

Reckon the Big Tests will be at Perth Stadium(India,England,South Africa),the rest at the WACA(Bangladesh,Pakistan,West Indies,Sri Lanka,Bangladesh and Ireland).

The WACA has been assessed by CA as not being of Test standard.

As most series are now 3 tests, and CANBERRA will become the 7th active Australian test arena in 2019, the minnow games will go to Canberra and Hobart with one other venue to be selected for the third.

There probably are enough Sri Lankan residents in Sydney or Melbourne to warrant a game there (if they are competitive ... probably not given the number of players who prefer IBL or big bash over National duties).

Real minnows like Ireland or Bangladesh will probably only get at most two tests anyway.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:11 am

2nd Test;

AUS 326 (M. Harris 70, T. Head 58, A. Finch 50, S. Marsh 45, I. Sharma 4-41, J. Bumrah 2-53, H. Vihari 2-53, U. Yadav 2-78) & 4/132 (U. Khawaja 41*, M. Shami 2-23) v IND 283 (V. Kohli 123, A. Rahane 51, N. Lyon 5-67, J. Hazlewood 2-66, M. Starc 2-79)
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7577
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by grassy1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 am

s'dreams wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:47 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 pm
At Perth Stadium now,with the Swami Army in front of me.

Creates a better atmosphere than most Tests.That is more spectator related than venue.

Reckon the Big Tests will be at Perth Stadium(India,England,South Africa),the rest at the WACA(Bangladesh,Pakistan,West Indies,Sri Lanka,Bangladesh and Ireland).

The WACA has been assessed by CA as not being of Test standard.

That’s the 1st I’ve heard of it s’dreams,Though not surprised to hear that line from Cricket Australia.I get the feeling they said that,regardless of how the WACA Board may have presented the place.

Does the WA Media know,or did they gloss over that inconvenient fact?I wonder! :-"

As most series are now 3 tests, and CANBERRA will become the 7th active Australian test arena in 2019, the minnow games will go to Canberra and Hobart with one other venue to be selected for the third.

There probably are enough Sri Lankan residents in Sydney or Melbourne to warrant a game there (if they are competitive ... probably not given the number of players who prefer IBL or big bash over National duties).

Real minnows like Ireland or Bangladesh will probably only get at most two tests anyway.

Bangladesh might fancy their chances over here,with our current batting lineup.

Ireland are only very new at Test Cricket,but I’d be curious to know,if their populace here would turn up in great numbers,if given the opportunity to play a Test at the MCG?

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3645
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by s'dreams » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:14 am

grassy1 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 am


Ireland are only very new at Test Cricket,but I’d be curious to know,if their populace here would turn up in great numbers,if given the opportunity to play a Test at the MCG?
Can't even get them to turn up to AFL internationals which are quasi Hurling. It would only work with a happy hour every session and Guinness on tap I recon.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:55 pm

2nd Test;

AUS 326 (M. Harris 70, T. Head 58, A. Finch 50, S. Marsh 45, I. Sharma 4-41, J. Bumrah 2-53, H. Vihari 2-53, U. Yadav 2-78) & 243 (U. Khawaja 72, M. Shami 6-56, J. Bumrah 3-39) defeared IND 283 (V. Kohli 123, A. Rahane 51, N. Lyon 5-67, J. Hazlewood 2-66, M. Starc 2-79) & 140 (N. Lyon 3-39, M. Starc 3-46, J. Hazlewood 2-24, P. Cummins 2-25)

We’ve had our share of wankers and arseholes on the cricket field, but Virat Kohli is in a petulant class of his own. What a f****** turd of a bloke. GAGF, you dickhead. Hope one day a ball spits off a good length and cracks your skull.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
BERT
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 6382
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BERT » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 am

It's amazing how good test cricket is when Bat and Ball have equal chance. Kohli's 123 was a masterpiece. Finch and Harris on day 1 set the game up and that last wicket stand in Australias 2nd innings knocked whatever stuffing was left out of India.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:06 pm

BERT wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 am
It's amazing how good test cricket is when Bat and Ball have equal chance. Kohli's 123 was a masterpiece. Finch and Harris on day 1 set the game up and that last wicket stand in Australias 2nd innings knocked whatever stuffing was left out of India.
Agree.

It’s pitches like this that highlights the difference between an ordinary tail and reasonably solid one. Obviously, it can be the difference between winning and losing.

Batting last doesn’t help either :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7577
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by grassy1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:34 am

s'dreams wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:14 am
grassy1 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 am


Ireland are only very new at Test Cricket,but I’d be curious to know,if their populace here would turn up in great numbers,if given the opportunity to play a Test at the MCG?
Can't even get them to turn up to AFL internationals which are quasi Hurling. It would only work with a happy hour every session and Guinness on tap I recon.
Well,that’s AWFULL shitty crap from AWFULL House,so I’m buggered if I know why anybody shows up!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3645
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by s'dreams » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Handscomb dropped for an all rounder ... who averages nearly double with the ball (35 wickets from 30 tests at 42.45) than with the bat (26.02 from 51 innings)...

But then again... his form must have made a compelling case... didn't it? Or was it the fact that somebody made him VC...

If you are going to play an all rounder - why not persist with Labuschagne who at lest is a different style of bowler than yet another Med-Fast bowler.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:29 pm

s'dreams wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:28 pm
Handscomb dropped for an all rounder ... who averages nearly double with the ball (35 wickets from 30 tests at 42.45) than with the bat (26.02 from 51 innings)...

But then again... his form must have made a compelling case... didn't it? Or was it the fact that somebody made him VC...

If you are going to play an all rounder - why not persist with Labuschagne who at lest is a different style of bowler than yet another Med-Fast bowler.
Would rather Marcus Stoinis. They guy is a great talent. Give him a crack ffs.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7577
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by grassy1 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:48 am

Yep,Stoinis would be worth a spot on the team.

India1 - 57 at Lunch.

Pitch is being bagged out already by anti Victorian posters my way.

No mention of the lazy 61 000 on Day 1,so far at The G,outstripping the paltry 5 day Attendance at Perth Stadium. :roll:

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 24876
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Australia v India Test Series 2018/19

Post by BenDoolan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:49 am

3rd Test (Boxing Day);

INDIA 2/215 (M. Argawal 76, C. Pujara 68*, V. Kohli 47*, P. Cummins 2-40) v AUS

I f****** hate pitches like this. Scourge.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Post Reply