THE MCG BOXING DAY TEST

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

THE MCG BOXING DAY TEST

Post by grassy1 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Speaks for itself really,apart from some Halfwits in Western Australia,who seemed to get the silly idea,Perth Stadium could pinch it!

Well,despite Cricket Australia’s stupid indulgence,restricting the ground’s capacity to 30 000,Wessssttterrrnn Australians still had their opportunity to pack the new Stadium to the Rafters,but FAILED MISERABLY!

Half the crowd were Indian supporters who were generally well behaved and added a carnival atmosphere to the day.Maybe in one sense,that’s to be expected,given we live in the shores of The Marvellous Indian Ocean?

Whatever,the rest of the Masses Failed to show up!Now,despite the Australian Cricket Team being on the nose for the past year,the current bunch are trying their best in many regards,I can see.

I think that will resonate with many Cricket Lovers in Melbourne.Whatever the Total Attendance was in the 2nd Test,I reckon it will be surpassed Easily at The G on Day 1.

I went to Day 3 of the 2nd Test,which got just under 20 000.Not Bad ordinarily,but well short of what’s required for ambitious nitwits over here,who in the main probably didn’t even go to the Test.

Ben,you’re the main man on Stats,though Des provides some stars lately(Thank - You Des!).

Do you have the Attendance Figures for the Perth Test please?

As for A National Icon,The MCG........

Pack it to the Rafters!

F111
Essendon Legend

Re: THE MCG BOXING DAY TEST

Post by F111 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:31 pm

D1-5, Perth test numbers.
-------

D1, Melbourne test numbers.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: THE MCG BOXING DAY TEST

Post by grassy1 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

81 000 or so?

Well that’s 1 day less The G had the 2nd Test covered,but big deal.

Western Australians Failed Miserably to state their case,when they had their chance to make a statement with bums on seats.

They needed to fill that Stadium 5 Times over to have any case,which they didn’t.Besides,the current WA Government ain’t interested in bidding for it anyway,so the issue’s Dead.As If it ever had a leg to stand on,.... :roll: