ALL CLASS v CLASS CLOWNS

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: ALL CLASS v CLASS CLOWNS

Post by grassy1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:53 pm

The last scenario in my previous post is unlikely,but if Nick kept on pushing the envelope,Tennis authorities might just have had a complete gut full of him and seriously consider it.

Too bad for Nick,if he was to eventually settle down and just play tennis,because the ability is there,but the temperament quite simply is not.

Like last night,where 30 Aces and 46 Winners wasn’t enough against a Russian opponent,who is no mug himself,but Nick had to get sidetracked by all manner of issues playing on his mind.

He is still in the Doubles race,which might be interesting to see how far into the Major his team can go,but of course,it is his singles career that we monitor.

And yet again,he has proved to be his own worst enemy.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:24 pm

Players that abuse umpires or line staff for that matter, like he does should be banned from returning to the tournament they're banned in. One pre ban warning...then bang! f*** off. One year ban for lower level, two year ban for stuff like he has done recently.

They'll soon concentrate on their game.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Yep,that’s one way of doing it,F111.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:35 pm

Hahaha, it won’t happen :lol:
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:26 pm

That’s because the Tennis Authorities are too piss weak to do it!

If they do,I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

1 know Kyrgios is already treading a thin line,but I’d like to know what will force the Authorities’ hands.If I read Karl Langdon right,wiping a towel in the crotch,spitting in it and throwing it to fans,should be that tipping point.

If the reason Authorities won’t suspend him,is because he drags people through the turnstiles,him treating them with contempt should be enough reason alone to warrant suspension.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:07 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:35 pm
Hahaha, it won’t happen :lol:
Of course it won't, he attracts viewers & he adds to the soap of the competition. Clearly the tennis is struggling to stand on it's merits and punters are bored with the big 3. :roll: :-k

He scored USD163K for making the 3rd round...laffing all the way to the back.
](*,)

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:00 pm

F111 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Of course it won't, he attracts viewers & he adds to the soap of the competition. Clearly the tennis is struggling to stand on it's merits and punters are bored with the big 3. :roll: :-k

He scored USD163K for making the 3rd round...laffing all the way to the back.
](*,)
This is my point.......he likes playing tennis, it's his "job", he does it how he wants to, puts in as much effort as he wants to, and leads the lifestyle he desires by doing it, and can probably retire within 5 years if he wanted. Why would he change? I wish I was so lucky/talented.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:11 am

He likes playing Tennis?Really?

Could have sworn he was moaning he didn’t want to be there and wanted to go home.

I wish he Bloody did,before he bothered wasting even his own fans’ time.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:19 am

grassy1 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:11 am
He likes playing Tennis?Really?

Could have sworn he was moaning he didn’t want to be there and wanted to go home.

I wish he Bloody did,before he bothered wasting even his own fans’ time.
Ummm, yeah he likes tennis!! Nobody would get to this level if they didn't. He loves tennis. Maybe you need to delve deeper into who Nick Kyrgios is Grassy?
But you're partly right - he does also like to be home, and misses being there. Like I said, he plays on his terms. Kudos to him.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:34 am

Who is Nick Kyrgios,Nudder?What’s That?A deadset Idiot?

He simply can’t focus on what really matters.Playing good,consistent tennis with a minimum of fuss,not putting on a bloody sideshow.

I’ve seen enough of Nick to know what he really is.A waste of bloody talent,who seriously needs to think about where he is heading and decide very soon.Before the ITF has jack of him and decides his future for him.

Kyrgios gets very little sympathy from me!

As for Ash,bad luck,she lost.But she’ll move on and work her Arse off to get better.Can’t ask anymore from her than that!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:47 am

grassy1 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:34 am
Who is Nick Kyrgios,Nudder?What’s That?A deadset Idiot?

He simply can’t focus on what really matters.Playing good,consistent tennis with a minimum of fuss,not putting on a bloody sideshow.

I’ve seen enough of Nick to know what he really is.A waste of bloody talent,who seriously needs to think about where he is heading and decide very soon.Before the ITF has jack of him and decides his future for him.

Kyrgios gets very little sympathy from me!

As for Ash,bad luck,she lost.But she’ll move on and work her Arse off to get better.Can’t ask anymore from her than that!
He's more than a tennis player. He's a real person too. Maybe take a look at his charity foundation for starters. I'm not saying you have to like him, but maybe get a better understanding of who he is as a person.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:00 am

He might have a Million Charities,but that doesn’t mean I have to like him,because it is his Tennis we are talking about here.

If he is a charitable sort of guy,why does he have to pull the shit he does to his fans,such as wiping his towel in his crotch,spitting in it and throwing it to the crowd?

He was bad enough acting the jerk before,but that act hit a new low.

Maybe a good spell on the sidelines,will give him more time to work with his charity and figure things out!

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:50 am

grassy1 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:00 am
He might have a Million Charities,but that doesn’t mean I have to like him,because it is his Tennis we are talking about here.

If he is a charitable sort of guy,why does he have to pull the shit he does to his fans,such as wiping his towel in his crotch,spitting in it and throwing it to the crowd?

He was bad enough acting the jerk before,but that act hit a new low.

Maybe a good spell on the sidelines,will give him more time to work with his charity and figure things out!
I already said you don't have to like him.
But you can't seperate the person from the tennis player.
He is what he is, and he wouldn't be one without the other, so people have to take the wider view.
One simple question Grassy.....do you appreciate his charitable work? (I already know you admire his tennis skill).

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:46 pm

I can’t really,because it gets lost amongst his carry on.Whatever good he does through Charity,gets lost by his carry on,on court.

Only he can change that,by changing his attitude in court.

With a good break between Slams,perhaps he can use the time up until the Australian Open to become a better person.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:01 am

Didn’t quite catch what Rod Laver had to say about Kyrgios lately.

Did anybody else?

nudder12
Regular Senior Player

Post by nudder12 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:36 am

grassy1 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:01 am
Didn’t quite catch what Rod Laver had to say about Kyrgios lately.

Did anybody else?
Rod Laver says Nick Kyrgios needs to stop trying to be an entertainer and take a discipline pill in order to maximise his undoubted potential.

Kyrgios admitted before departing the US Open this week that he had “no idea” how to make good on his extraordinary promise after now going five years since reaching a grand slam quarter-final.

But Laver, in New York to mark the 50th anniversary of his second calendar-year grand slam sweep, believes the answer is “obvious” — knuckle down and ditch the on-court theatrics.

“I don’t know if he’s deliberately aiming for publicity or whether he’s aiming at individual things that he wants to accomplish, but that’s the one thing he lacks, is discipline,” Laver told AAP after being feted at a luncheon to commemorate the Australian winning of all four majors in 1969.

“And if he got some discipline, then most things come pretty simple.

“You don’t interfere with your talent and that’s what he’s doing, is interfering with his own ability.”

Arguably tennis’s greatest ever player, Laver said “you’d have to be superhuman” to take on the role of coaching Kyrgios.

Laver also suggested the Aussie might need to be suspended to curb his on-court antics.

“Whatever they have done hasn’t worked so far, so maybe a suspension is the only answer,” Laver told the Sydney Morning Herald. “I’m not sure he’s learned anything from any of the things that have gone on.”

But the 11-times major champion does see plenty of upside to Kyrgios’s game — if only the mercurial star could earn to control his emotions. “He’s got probably the best serve in the game and so he knows how to win, but he has to apply himself and that’s the one thing that’s been a problem for him,” Laver said.

“Tennis is a mental game in many ways and he’s letting too many things get into the game of tennis.” Laver pointed to how Kyrgios lost the plot in Cincinnati last month after receiving a code violation for exceeding the shot-clock time limit between points.

Once something sets him off, he struggles to regain focus, Laver said. “That is his downfall,” he said.

“Then that clicks into something else.

“I’ve seen him play great matches. His last loss here, he behaved perfectly fine, but I listened to someone — I think it was McEnroe, who was saying ‘you better watch out now because he’s had a mis-hit, or he thinks he was challenging a call and that could stir him up.

“That’s what John was saying. That’s what does it.

“A lot of times that’s bad news for someone like Nick, because he may replay the mess in that match somewhere and it will say what McEnroe has said and now he’s angry at that and so he’ll remember that until he goes on to court to another match.” Laver, though, doesn’t believe Kyrgios needs a suspension to get his act together and expects the 24-year-old to again thrive at this month’s Laver Cup in Geneva.

“He likes team competition and I think that that brings out the best in him,” Laver said.

“A lot of times you could say: ‘Well, how could you pick him when he gets angry?’. But we know him as a different person. He gets into a team competition and you could see when he’s sitting on the sideline as they do, Europe and the Rest of the World are there, and he’s the one cheering all the team. “So he’s a huge asset to the person on the court and so it works both ways.”

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:06 am

Thanks Nudder.

Elsewhere,a rookie Canadian kid called Bianca Andreescu went through a rough patch of Injury and Form apparently.

But HARD WORK,little fuss and 3 Tournament Wins later,look where she is now?

Nick! :shock:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Whatever Pat Rafter said about 5he Clown,I agree!

But someone at The Age doesn’t like the Truth about Nick!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Ash Barty All Class,finishes the year with an Almighty Bang,netting $6.4 Million forger Win in China,finishing as World Number 1 in Women’s Tennis,with one thing left to do.Help Australia Win the Fed Cup for the first time,in over 4 Decades.

Well Done Ash and Good Luck to you and your Team mates in the Fed Cup Final.

You too can be as Classy as Ash,Nick.If you kept your Trap Shut,kept yourself out of Twitterati and got your head down to play good,consistent Tennis!

Maybe,..........