Page 1 of 3

Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:56 am
by BenDoolan
Looking forward to this series!

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:11 am
by grassy1
Possibly with NO Sean Marsh.Busted his arm in the nets apparently. :-"

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:21 am
by BenDoolan
grassy1 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:11 am
Possibly with NO Sean Marsh.Busted his arm in the nets apparently. :-"
Yep, gonski. Should never be part of the squad anyways.

Labuschagne has been killing it in County cricket.

Pucovski killing it for Australia A

Plenty other options than one S. Marsh.

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:13 pm
by grassy1
Kind of figured you’d say that! 8)

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 pm
by BenDoolan
Tour Match, or should I say “audition match” for some. Interesting game where up to 4 spots are available (according to Langer) for the Ashes squad.

Haddin XII 105 (M. Labuschagne 41, M. Neser 4-18, J. Bird 3-28, M. Marsh 1-13, C. Tremain 1-15, J. Pattinson 1-16) & 170 (D. Warner 58, M. Marsh 5-34, J. Pattinson 3-19, C. Tremain 2-27) defeated by Hick XII 120 (P. Cummins 5-24, P. Siddle 4-31, J. Hazlewood 1-20) & 5/156 (C. Bancroft 93*, P. Siddle 1-14, P. Cummins 1-14, J. Hazlewood 1-36, M. Starc 1-41, J. Holland 1-43)

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:07 pm
by F111
IN. Neser, Wade, Bancroft, MMarsh, Pattinson

Paine
Cummins
Starc,
Hazlewood
Siddle
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
Khawja
Lyon

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:45 pm
by BenDoolan
F111 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:07 pm
IN. Neser, Wade, Bancroft, MMarsh, Pattinson

Paine
Cummins
Starc,
Hazlewood
Siddle
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
Khawja
Lyon
Siddle?????????????????

ffs

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:20 am
by s'dreams
Mitchell Marsh being selected as the all rounder. :roll: I agree with "The Roar" who have argued that the selectors should just make him Captain and be done with it.

Also regarding Bancroft. Thank heavens the selectors believe that "He’s the type of player we think we need in our Australian side. He’s tough, he’s enthusiastic, his work ethic is fantastic, it’s infectious".

Just as well he isn't abrasive... well not anymore.

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:02 am
by grassy1
BenDoolan wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:45 pm
F111 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:07 pm
IN. Neser, Wade, Bancroft, MMarsh, Pattinson

Paine
Cummins
Starc,
Hazlewood
Siddle
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
Khawja
Lyon
Siddle?????????????????

ffs
Loved Sidds for giving his all in the past.

But he was picked for his swing bowling abilities,....apparently!

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:31 am
by BenDoolan
1st Test

AUS 284 (S. Smith 144, P. Siddle 44, S. Broad 5-86, C. Woakes 3-58) v ENG 0/10

Smudge unreal :shock: =D> =D> =D>

Great partnership between he and Sids! And then with Lyon!!

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:05 pm
by desmondo
A fkng superb knock by Smith for many reasons.

Other batsmen falling all round him, a shitty wicket, and hostile morons that boooo`d every run vingertje =D> =D>

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 am
by grassy1
I’d Boo that Thug Stokes given a chance.Shoildn’t he be in Jail?

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 am
by BenDoolan
1st Test

AUS 284 (S. Smith 144, P. Siddle 44, S. Broad 5-86, C. Woakes 3-58) & 6/487 dec (S. Smith 142, M. Wade 110, T. Head 51, J. Pattinson 47*, U. Khawaja 40, B. Stokes 2-49) v ENG 374 (R. Burns 133, J. Root 57, B. Stokes 50, P. Cummins 3-84, N. Lyon 3-112, J. Pattinson 2-82, P. Siddle 2-52) & 0/13

Smudge =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Great hundred by Matty Wade too =D> =D> =D>

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:09 am
by grassy1
I’ll leave it to Ben,to provide the scores,but Australia declared at 6 - 487,setting England 398 to Win.

Centuries to Smith and Wade,set things up nicely,with good support from Kwaja,Paine,Cummins and James Pattinson with a nice cameo of 47 not out.The only problem for him trying to reach 50,was his 6 prompting the declaration from the Captain,Tim Paine.Maybe the 50 will come from James,when Australia needs a rearguard action later in the series.

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am
by rockhole
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 am
1st Test

AUS 284 (S. Smith 144, P. Siddle 44, S. Broad 5-86, C. Woakes 3-58) & 6/487 dec (S. Smith 142, M. Wade 110, T. Head 51, J. Pattinson 47*, U. Khawaja 40, B. Stokes 2-49) v ENG 374 (R. Burns 133, J. Root 57, B. Stokes 50, P. Cummins 3-84, N. Lyon 3-112, J. Pattinson 2-82, P. Siddle 2-52) & 0/13

Smudge =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Great hundred by Matty Wade too =D> =D> =D>
I sat down last night to watch the 4th day of the best cricket series in the world, a series which channel nine would have paid a fortune to cover. I access free to air channels via Foxtel and could not work out that there appeared to be no coverage of the game. Nothing on channel nine at all. I finally established that Nine had bumped the coverage to one of their shitty little subsidiary channels for the last two days of the test, no doubt to enable its loyal viewers to watch some reality crap instead of a series they had spent a fortune on. Problem was that I cannot access 9Gem as I do not have a free to air aerial having not seen the point of installing one in my new house, given I could access free to air channels via Foxtel. Wrong!!
So I was denied the opportunity of witnessing one of the great fight backs of Australian Ashes history. Thanks, Channel Nine you bunch of f***'n morons.
Richie would roll in his grave!!

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:40 am
by BenDoolan
rockhole wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 am
1st Test

AUS 284 (S. Smith 144, P. Siddle 44, S. Broad 5-86, C. Woakes 3-58) & 6/487 dec (S. Smith 142, M. Wade 110, T. Head 51, J. Pattinson 47*, U. Khawaja 40, B. Stokes 2-49) v ENG 374 (R. Burns 133, J. Root 57, B. Stokes 50, P. Cummins 3-84, N. Lyon 3-112, J. Pattinson 2-82, P. Siddle 2-52) & 0/13

Smudge =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Great hundred by Matty Wade too =D> =D> =D>
I sat down last night to watch the 4th day of the best cricket series in the world, a series which channel nine would have paid a fortune to cover. I access free to air channels via Foxtel and could not work out that there appeared to be no coverage of the game. Nothing on channel nine at all. I finally established that Nine had bumped the coverage to one of their shitty little subsidiary channels for the last two days of the test, no doubt to enable its loyal viewers to watch some reality crap instead of a series they had spent a fortune on. Problem was that I cannot access 9Gem as I do not have a free to air aerial having not seen the point of installing one in my new house, given I could access free to air channels via Foxtel. Wrong!!
So I was denied the opportunity of witnessing one of the great fight backs of Australian Ashes history. Thanks, Channel Nine you bunch of f***'n morons.
Richie would roll in his grave!!
Love watching the Ashes in England 8)

Stayed up to watch Wade get his ton, and then went to bed (had to wake up at 4:45am for work this morning!)

Fantastic stuff this test. Smudge has been unbelievable. Wade’s innings was excellent. Missed out on seeing Pattinson tee off with a few sixes though.

Hope Lyon has a good day ‘tonight’ [-o<

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14 pm
by grassy1
rockhole wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am
BenDoolan wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 am
1st Test

AUS 284 (S. Smith 144, P. Siddle 44, S. Broad 5-86, C. Woakes 3-58) & 6/487 dec (S. Smith 142, M. Wade 110, T. Head 51, J. Pattinson 47*, U. Khawaja 40, B. Stokes 2-49) v ENG 374 (R. Burns 133, J. Root 57, B. Stokes 50, P. Cummins 3-84, N. Lyon 3-112, J. Pattinson 2-82, P. Siddle 2-52) & 0/13

Smudge =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Great hundred by Matty Wade too =D> =D> =D>
I sat down last night to watch the 4th day of the best cricket series in the world, a series which channel nine would have paid a fortune to cover. I access free to air channels via Foxtel and could not work out that there appeared to be no coverage of the game. Nothing on channel nine at all. I finally established that Nine had bumped the coverage to one of their shitty little subsidiary channels for the last two days of the test, no doubt to enable its loyal viewers to watch some reality crap instead of a series they had spent a fortune on. Problem was that I cannot access 9Gem as I do not have a free to air aerial having not seen the point of installing one in my new house, given I could access free to air channels via Foxtel. Wrong!!
So I was denied the opportunity of witnessing one of the great fight backs of Australian Ashes history. Thanks, Channel Nine you bunch of f***'n morons.
Richie would roll in his grave!!
Geez Rock,what a mess for you and a right pain in the Arse.I imagine 60 minutes was on 9 last night,but that’s an hour and a bit.What did they put in after that?

Footy Crappified is on 9 tonight,sending the Cricket to Gem,where I don’t mind the repeats of older New Tricks episodes.That’l be on next week I spose with the Lords Test starting next Wednesday.

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 am
by BenDoolan
1st Test

AUS 284 (S. Smith 144, P. Siddle 44, S. Broad 5-86, C. Woakes 3-58) & 6/487 dec (S. Smith 142, M. Wade 110, T. Head 51, J. Pattinson 47*, U. Khawaja 40, B. Stokes 2-49) defeated ENG 374 (R. Burns 133, J. Root 57, B. Stokes 50, P. Cummins 3-84, N. Lyon 3-112, J. Pattinson 2-82, P. Siddle 2-52) & 146 (N. Lyon 6-49, P. Cummins 4-32)

What a magnificent victory! From 8/122 in the first dig, to 251 run victors. Awesome.

No doubt Smudge is the hero of the test. But hats off to;

Peter Siddle’s 44 and partnership with Smith in the first innings. His bowling was pretty good too.

Nathan Lyon (the GOAT 🐐 ) - firstly his partnership with Smudge in the 1st innings, and then his fantastic bowling on the last day.

Matthew Wade’s hundred in the 2nd dig. Brilliant.

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:38 am
by grassy1
Fantastic Win by the Aussies and to do it at Edgebaston was even better.Plenty of comment about the poor standard of Umpiring and their reliance on DRS,but that shouldn’t detract from our Crushing Victory in any way.

If we’re 2 - 0 up after the 3rd Test,that’s The Ashes already in the bag.Wouldn’t that be something?! :D

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Re: Australia v England (ASHES) 2019 in England

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:45 am
by BenDoolan
Tour Match

Australians v Worcestershire

AUS 5/266 dec (T. Head 109*, U. Khawaja 57, J. Tongue 2-46, C. Morris 2-57) v Worc 3/31 (J. Hazlewood 2-2)

M. Harris 14, M. Labuschagne 15, M. Marsh 13 failed to make an impression.