NFL 2019/20

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

NFL 2019/20

Post by grassy1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:11 am

Halfway through another NFL Season,at least as far as the Regular Season goes and thanks or no thanks to Gregg Easterbrook,I am not a fan of NFL Commissioner,Roger Goodall.

Apart from that,I don’t mind watching the Sport and in particular,this Competition.One thing hasn’t changed.

The Patriots!

Undefeated after 8 Wins,with you know who still there and you know who still there.Take your pick on who comes 1st.Bill Bellichik or Tom Brady.They are going to take a power of beating for the Super Bowl again,let alone the AFC Championship.

I’m not sure anyone can give them a shake in that conference,save the Ravens and maybe Chiefs.And who are the Patriots playing this week?The Patriots at Home.

The Main contenders in the NFC are the Packers,Saints,Seahawks and right now San Francisco 49ers,undefeated after 8 games.

In the Heart of our defence,is once hated Seahawk Richard Sherman,who used to Bait something chronic and now we love the guy.I haven’t seen us play much and if you asked me to name our Quarter Back right now,I’d be struggling.

Probably because I’ve been tracking former Perth Demon Colts And Reserves Player,Mitch Wishnowsky.To be really honest,I only noticed him every now and again playing for us and to be brutally honest about the attention I was giving him,never noticed him at Utah College,where spent 3 years.

His stats were quite impressive,averaging some good consistent yardage in each year there and earning All American Status in one year.I sat up and noticed him,when much was made of his Drafting at 110 by my team,the San Francisco 49ers.

He hasn’t been needed much in his 8 games,averting just over 3 punts a game.And if you don’t need to punt much,then something must be going right elsewhere.But when called upon,his Stats are really impressive,especially as the opposition have barely managed to return his Punts in his 1st 6 games,for 22 yards.So he has really pinned the opposition back.

Yesterday he punted 5 times for 231 yards at an Average of 46.2,with the Longest Punt being 50.62 is his best,last week against the Panthers,in our 51 - 13 Romp Win.Where was Cam Newton?Or am I completely out of touch?

We beat Arizona last night 28 - 25,surviving a Cardinals rally,which may have included a Safety for 2 points.Not sure how that happened,but it was probably better than coughing up a Touchdown,which might have resulted in our 1st loss of the season.

We’re still Undefeated,but we have some serious Tests coming up,with Pat Caroll’s Seahawks playing us twice,the Rams again,the Packers and maybe Drew Brees’ Saints.

But for Mitch,good on you Buddy!Keep up your great work,whatever happens!Go 9ers!

I’ll save my comments on 7’s strange lack of obsession for the 9ers this season for future posts here.Except to say,why are you ignoring this Australian,compared to a certain chap called Jarryd Hayne? :roll:

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: NFL 2019/20

Post by grassy1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:08 pm

DAMN!

2 Losses against 2 good teams,albeit both at the Final Gun,by an opposition Field Goal.

Against the Seahawks at Home,then Baltimore on Sunday just gone.Both times,we had our chances.First by a missed Field Goal against the Seahawks,where ex Demon Mitch Wishnowsky,held the ball in the act of the Field Goal attempt.A few questions pop into the head,such as did Mitch hold the ball right,or did the Kicker just plain miss?

Sunday,the boys had a Field Goal blocked just before Half Time to take a seemingly improbable 3 point lead,after the Ravens had us under the Pump.Had we converted that Attempt,we could have been 3 points up and more,when Jimmy(Garrupulo)decided to convert 4 and 1 into a Crucial 1st Down,getting us into Field Goal Range good and proper.

Should Jimmy have gone for it,or should Coach Shanahan have made the call to go for 3,in light of the miss before Half Time?If it threatens to do my head in,having only read the plays after the event,I can only imagine what it’s doing to the 49ers.Hopefully the Coach and experienced players like Richard Sherman can steady the ship,with Stern Tests ahead to keep us right in Championship Contention.Never mind Super Bowl right now!

Saints on the Road next week,won’t be easy.But if we’re good enough,we’ll find a way.Good work so far guys,being 10 and 2.But knuckle down and Post more Wins,because it is still possible to miss the Play -offs from here!