Who`s gonna keep?

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Who`s gonna keep?

Post by desmondo »

Well we now know it wont be Tim Paine, so who do we pick to keep in the upcoming Ashes tests?

Does Wade come back in?, who is the BEST keeper domestically?, big wraps apparently on Josh Inglis, but not sure if it`s for the shorter form of the game.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Who`s gonna keep?

Post by BenDoolan »

He's only stood down as captain.

It would be hypocritical of CA or the "selectors" to drop him considering the CA investigation into the matter exonerated Paine and virtually declared the exchange as "consensual".

In light of that, I would select Alex Carey. I believe he's the better option regardless.
Essendunny
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 pm He's only stood down as captain.

It would be hypocritical of CA or the "selectors" to drop him considering the CA investigation into the matter exonerated Paine and virtually declared the exchange as "consensual".

In light of that, I would select Alex Carey. I believe he's the better option regardless.
Ok, so if the whole thing was consensual, how the f*** does it become a problem?, and how the f*** does it even become public information in the first place?.
Last edited by desmondo on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

desmondo wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:32 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 pm He's only stood down as captain.

Ok, so if the whole think was consensual, how the f*** does it become a problem?, and how the f*** does it even become public information in the first place?.
Well CA said it was consensual. I guess the recipient didn’t like the outcome of the investigation…

Why it has taken 4 years to surface, dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️
Essendunny