Australia v West Indies 2022/23

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Australia v West Indies 2022/23

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:08 pm Can Australia just authorize the follow on and stop this make them bat nonsense?

Methinks it is just to make the game go an extra day and to sell more beer and pies.
Geez,you’d think Calcutta only just happened and they are still spooked by it!. :roll:

I’d have knocked on the Windies door and said”Keep your Pads on boys,you’re in again!”

Sod the 5th day if you can avoid it!

Gives the Golfers time for a Round of 18 and the rest,a day in the Bar!

Luckily any Weather coming in,seems to be from a South/Westerly onshore flow that shouldn’t interfere too much with Test at this time of year,in Adelaide.That’s allowing for all this crazy weather we do have these days.Perth and Adelaide are the 2 Best Venues Weatherwise around the Country,for lack of Rain.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:19 pm
s'dreams wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:08 pm Can Australia just authorize the follow on and stop this make them bat nonsense?

Methinks it is just to make the game go an extra day and to sell more beer and pies.
Geez,you’d think Calcutta only just happened and they are still spooked by it!. :roll:

I’d have knocked on the Windies door and said”Keep your Pads on boys,you’re in again!”

Sod the 5th day if you can avoid it!

Gives the Golfers time for a Round of 18 and the rest,a day in the Bar!

Luckily any Weather coming in,seems to be from a South/Westerly onshore flow that shouldn’t interfere too much with Test at this time of year,in Adelaide.That’s allowing for all this crazy weather we do have these days.Perth and Adelaide are the 2 Best Venues Weatherwise around the Country,for lack of Rain.
Just timing a declaration when the conditions will best suit the bowlers. When the sun is setting or has set. It's been a hot day - best give your bowlers the best part of the day / night in this regard. There is a test against South Africa starting next week.

Makes perfect sense to me...
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Scotty Boland at it again!

3 wickets in his first over of the 2nd innings :shock:

Deserves everything that comes his way.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:59 pm Scotty Boland at it again!

3 wickets in his first over of the 2nd innings :shock:

Deserves everything that comes his way.
He certainly does mate.It was great to see!Almost thought he was going to rip through the Windies tonight.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And just like that - it’s all over red rover
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

About 220 runs short of that 297 1st Innings Deficit.What was I saying about the Follow On? :roll:

Oh well,gave Adelaide Folk an extra day,I spose!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Biggest discussion I saw about the 2nd test was the state of Steve Smith's baggy green. :lol:

Bring on South Africa.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

robrulz5 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:56 am Biggest discussion I saw about the 2nd test was the state of Steve Smith's baggy green. :lol:

Bring on South Africa.
They’re a deep and meaningful lot at 7. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: