Big Ange Postecoglou

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Big Ange Postecoglou

Post by robrulz5 »

Big Ange has done it again with Celtic winning the league with 4 games remaining. That's now 4 of a possible 5 competitions won and he can make it 5 of 6 with a win in the Scottish Cup final at the start of June.

Not a bad result from a manager that the media and opposition fans said would be gone by Christmas 2021.

This was the true coronation from the weekend. :P
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Big Ange Postecoglou

Post by grassy1 »

He’s done his job Domestically in Scotland.

Got unfinished business in Europe though!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:17 pm He’s done his job Domestically in Scotland.

Got unfinished business in Europe though!
He has the team playing the right style of football to be competitive in Europe, finishing was the problem during those games. Should have been 2 up against Madrid and missed chances against Red Bull & Shakhtar in games they should have won.

I'd like to progress through the group stages in the Champions League but a run in the Europa League would be more realistic.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robrulz5 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:03 pm ...This was the true coronation from the weekend. :P
https://youtu.be/XExEXdlMlUw[/YouTube]
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

F111 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:07 pm
robrulz5 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:03 pm ...This was the true coronation from the weekend. :P
https://youtu.be/XExEXdlMlUw[/YouTube]
I like this one also. A minutes silence for Lizzie at all other grounds but organisers made it a minutes applause at the Celtic game as they anticipated the Celtic fans would ruin the minutes silence. Cue the Celtic fans genius once again!

dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Thought it extremely poor from Celtic..

Not liking the monarchy is one thing... but the banners 🙄🙄

SPL is a 2 team comp... and that's all they will ever have to look forward to.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

dodgey wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:47 pm Thought it extremely poor from Celtic..

Wasn’t expecting anything else really Dodgey!

They are of Irish Origin with an intense dislike of England!

They were hardly likely to shower the ground with Roses mate!

I’m from a Protestant upbringing,don’t dislike Molly’s old mate.Still didn’t go out out of my way to watch it,even if he IS King of Australia.

And it won’t bother him in the slightest if Australia goes down the path of being a Republic.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:35 pm

Wasn’t expecting anything else really Dodgey!

They are of Irish Origin with an intense dislike of England!

They were hardly likely to shower the ground with Roses mate!

I’m from a Protestant upbringing,don’t dislike Molly’s old mate.Still didn’t go out out of my way to watch it,even if he IS King of Australia.

And it won’t bother him in the slightest if Australia goes down the path of being a Republic.
Didnt watch it either and Wouldnt bother me either if we became a Republic.....
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A history lesson could be in order for the reasons why we don't like the monarchy.

The EPL is quickly becoming a one team competition for tourists... The one thing the SPFL has going for it is it has real fans not plastic ones.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just for the record in Scotland,I go for Queen’s Park.

Have done for years,before they turned Pro.

Not quite ready for Premier League yet,after making a Hash of the final stages of the season.

The SFA can breathe easy it doesn’t need Hampden Park just yet!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:20 pm Just for the record in Scotland,I go for Queen’s Park.

Not quite ready for Premier League yet,after making a Hash of the final stages of the season.

I heard that Queen's Park will be using Hampden for the upcoming season instead of using the patch of grass just outside the stadium.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

robrulz5 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:26 pm
grassy1 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:20 pm Just for the record in Scotland,I go for Queen’s Park.

I heard that Queen's Park will be using Hampden for the upcoming season instead of using the patch of grass just outside the stadium.
Blimey.

That’s Great News,Rob.

Thanks for that!
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robrulz5 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:49 pm

A history lesson could be in order for the reasons why we don't like the monarchy.

The EPL is quickly becoming a one team competition for tourists... The one thing the SPFL has going for it is it has real fans not plastic ones.

Rob... please. The last time someone other than a Glasgow team won the league was the 80s.. Aberdeen... you have a 2 team comp and don't even try to deflect otherwise.

And as for real fans... most clubs sell their tickets to Celtic/Rangers supporters to get some income..

Bloody hell some SPL sides play on plastic pitches... shows where the league really is
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

dodgey wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:31 pm

Rob... please. The last time someone other than a Glasgow team won the league was the 80s.. Aberdeen... you have a 2 team comp and don't even try to deflect otherwise.

And as for real fans... most clubs sell their tickets to Celtic/Rangers supporters to get some income..

Bloody hell some SPL sides play on plastic pitches... shows where the league really is
Is is Celtic's fault the other clubs can't compete? Yes they sell tickets to Celtic and at a ridiculously inflated price and you know what... The Celtic support still fills the stands anyway.

The two biggest teams in the biggest city have the most supporters, shocker! It's a foreign concept in English football but most people support the team in the city they originate from.

Yes 17 clubs play on artificial pitches in Scotland due to not being able to afford the upkeep of a grass pitch. The TV rights deal from the BBC is atrocious but they have to keep those pesky Scots down don't they!

I mean we could fix some of these issues by having Celtic in the English system but we all know why they always vote 20-0 no any time in comes up. Celtic would become an absolute monster of a club with the EPL money and the English clubs are afraid of this.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yet The Auld Firm are Abject Failures in Europe.

Go Figure!
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robrulz5 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:13 am
dodgey wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:31 pm

Is is Celtic's fault the other clubs can't compete? Yes they sell tickets to Celtic and at a ridiculously inflated price and you know what... The Celtic support still fills the stands anyway.

The two biggest teams in the biggest city have the most supporters, shocker! It's a foreign concept in English football but most people support the team in the city they originate from.

Yes 17 clubs play on artificial pitches in Scotland due to not being able to afford the upkeep of a grass pitch. The TV rights deal from the BBC is atrocious but they have to keep those pesky Scots down don't they!

I mean we could fix some of these issues by having Celtic in the English system but we all know why they always vote 20-0 no any time in comes up. Celtic would become an absolute monster of a club with the EPL money and the English clubs are afraid of this.
You get paid for what you turn out... just ask the AFLW.

I watch the old firm games and the 15 min highlights package once a week on Bein sports. Other than that its so predictable its boring.