ICC World Test Championship (Australia v India)

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

ICC World Test Championship (Australia v India)

Post by BenDoolan »

Here we are. The Grand Final of Test Cricket! At The Oval.

Likely Test lineup…

D. Warner
U. Khawaja
M. Labuschagne
S. Smith
T. Head
C. Green
A. Carey
P. Cummins
M. Starc
N. Lyon
S. Boland
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: ICC World Test Championship (Australia v India)

Post by BenDoolan »

FINAL at THE OVAL

AUS 469 (T. Head 163, S. Smith 121, A. Carey 48, D. Warner 43, M. Siraj 4-108, S. Thakur 2-83, M. Shami 2-122) & 8/270 dec (A. Carey 66*, M. Labuschagne 41, M. Starc 41, R. Jadeja 3-58, M. Shami 2-39, U. Yadav 2-54) defeated IND 296 (A. Rahane 89, S. Thakur 51, R. Jadeja 48, P. Cummins 3-83, C. Green 2-44, S. Boland 2-59, M. Starc 2-71) & 234 (V. Kohli 49, A. Rahane 46, R. Sharma 43, N. Lyon 4-41, S. Boland 3-46, M. Starc 2-77)
Last edited by BenDoolan on Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:22 am, edited 10 times in total.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I don’t think I’ve ever been so f****** sick of a commentator in all my life than I am with Hayden. Even Brett Lee was more bearable. And that is saying something.

The bloke just simply can’t STFU. Always talking about some shit, on repeat, and with exaggerated excitement.

Basically, just f*** right off.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:55 pm I don’t think I’ve ever been so f****** sick of a commentator in all my life than I am with Hayden. Even Brett Lee was more bearable. And that is saying something.

The bloke just simply can’t STFU. Always talking about some shit, on repeat, and with exaggerated excitement.

It's happening in every sport unfortunately. They think they need to talk non-stop to justify their position.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:10 am
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:55 pm I don’t think I’ve ever been so f****** sick of a commentator in all my life than I am with Hayden. Even Brett Lee was more bearable. And that is saying something.

It's happening in every sport unfortunately. They think they need to talk non-stop to justify their position.
Absolutely unbearable. Muted the f***'n thing and turned on the radio. It is beyond shit.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:32 am

Absolutely unbearable. Muted the f***'n thing and turned on the radio. It is beyond shit.
It was on 3LO?I couldn’t get it on 6WF or any other after ABC Station.Unless you had to tune in to an App?

I got lucky.I only really noticed the Indian Commentators and Ricky Ponting,so I didn’t have to resort to banging on with The 12th Man’s Commentary Team.

Do India need to bowl an extra 5 Overs before 10.00AM?They only bowled 85 yesterday,allowing for any delayed start.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:51 am
BenDoolan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:32 am

It was on 3LO?I couldn’t get it on 6WF or any other after ABC Station.Unless you had to tune in to an App?

I got lucky.I only really noticed the Indian Commentators and Ricky Ponting,so I didn’t have to resort to banging on with The 12th Man’s Commentary Team.

Do India need to bowl an extra 5 Overs before 10.00AM?They only bowled 85 yesterday,allowing for any delayed start.
He carried on from where he left off… talking shit!

Alfie isn’t much better. Bugger me. They must love the sound of their own voice ffs.

🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Some bloody ordinary stuff from the Aussies today. Couple of dropped catches, crap bowling, and wickets off no-balls 🤬

Now to create a lead of over 400…
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

World Test Champs!

Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ta Da!

vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje

And Well played in the main to the Aussies!And if improvements can be made,they’re every chance to Retain The Ashes,possibly by Winning the Series!

Lot being said about what type of Wickets the Poms will produce.However they turn out,I wonder if they’re confident now about producing Seaming Green Tops designed to get in the heads of our Batsmen.

They might go with that still,but do they have any lingering thoughts about batting against our Bowlers?They could possibly exploit Starc when he’s off key,but how will they go if Cummins,Boland and Green get it right?

As for Ricky advocating for Hazelwood,well Ricky,will Josh produce the Big moments Scotty can,to force his way back in?If Fit and that’s still a Big If,seeing how’s struggling to get his body right for months,would it be more likely Starc is the one he replaces?Especially if Starc really starts delivering trash in the 1st Test at Edgebaston?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:49 am Ta Da!

And Well played in the main to the Aussies!And if improvements can be made,they’re every chance to Retain The Ashes,possibly by Winning the Series!

Lot being said about what type of Wickets the Poms will produce.However they turn out,I wonder if they’re confident now about producing Seaming Green Tops designed to get in the heads of our Batsmen.

They might go with that still,but do they have any lingering thoughts about batting against our Bowlers?They could possibly exploit Starc when he’s off key,but how will they go if Cummins,Boland and Green get it right?

As for Ricky advocating for Hazelwood,well Ricky,will Josh produce the Big moments Scotty can,to force his way back in?If Fit and that’s still a Big If,seeing how’s struggling to get his body right for months,would it be more likely Starc is the one he replaces?Especially if Starc really starts delivering trash in the 1st Test at Edgebaston?
In all seriousness, the selectors should pick Hazlewood, and drop Starc. There is no way in anyone’s sane mind you would decide Boland should make way.

The ONLY redeeming feature about keeping Starc in is his ability with the bat. But that’s it. He bowled mostly crap in this test. The delivery he got Kohli in the first innings was a snorter. The rest… well…

If they’re not willing to drop Starc, then don’t bring Hazlewood in.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:08 am

In all seriousness, the selectors should pick Hazlewood, and drop Starc. There is no way in anyone’s sane mind you would decide Boland should make way.

The ONLY redeeming feature about keeping Starc in is his ability with the bat. But that’s it. He bowled mostly crap in this test. The delivery he got Kohli in the first innings was a snorter. The rest… well…

According to some Halfwit in AAP,Starc Silenced his Critics yesterday!

Spare Me!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:39 am
BenDoolan wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:08 am

According to some Halfwit in AAP,Starc Silenced his Critics yesterday!

Spare Me!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
In my view, I’d rather have 4 bowlers that hit a consistent line and length that always pressures the batsmen. All of Cummins, Hazlewood, Boland and Green do that. Starc is a loose cannon. He lets the pressure off with what Boycott always described as “4 balls”… trash half vollies, wide junk, leg side rubbish etc.

Yes he’s a left armer and provides that “variety”. Yes he can bat and get you a valuable 40 or 50 late in the order. Yes he bowls an occasional heavy ball. But he often gifts the opposition runs.

In England, I think the key is good control of swing and seam bowling. This is ideal conditions for Bolo. It’s ideal for Hazlewood. Play them both (provide Hazlewood is fit and eint break down).
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

With both India & Carlton being beat over the weekend Twitter has been quite fun.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

What a great catch 8)

Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Off you Go,Shubman!

You know the way to the Pavilion old son!

:wink: