SUPERBOWL 58 - LVIII

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

SUPERBOWL 58 - LVIII

Post by grassy1 »

Having slacked off my NFL Page for this season,I pretty much narrowed the Season down to the Top 2 Teams in the NFL.

The Reigning Champion KANSAS CITY CHIEFS playing Host to the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers.

I'm keen as Mustard for a Long Overdue 9ers Win,but will not be surprised for a Chiefs 4th,3rd in 5 Seasons.

I'm going to run this thread as a running conversation,so feel free to post at your Leisure!

But for starters,given the 9ers are my Team since '85,when I then Guiltily jumped on their Bandwagon,........ :mrgreen:

Caaaarrrn The Mighty 49ers!!!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: SUPERBOWL 58 - LVIII

Post by grassy1 »

Thought I'd tack on the Roman Numerals.

I got stuck on 50

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Little bit of a Rundown here on where Teams' Fans Loyalties might lie tomorrow -

Based on Football Loyalties,not the Sideshow around it!First the NFC!

NFC
West Division
Rams fans - Chiefs,because of their Rivalry with the 9ers
Seahawks - Chiefs,same reason.They might even hate us more than Rams Fans.
Cardinals - Unknown.Hard to say,though I guess getting beaten a lot by the 9ers,might tip 'em the Chiefs way.

North Division
Bears Fans - Chiefs.Sick of the sight us knocking them off.
Packers Fans - Chiefs,same thing.Moreso with Play-off Defeats
Vikings Fans - Chiefs,same reason as the Packers.
Lions Fans - Chiefs,pretty much the same as the Bears,though moreso after 2 weeks ago.

East Division
Giants Fans - Chiefs,even in Bad Years,Giants fans will say they should be there,not the 9ers.
Cowboys - Chiefs,again sick of the sight of the 9ers having the wood on them.
Eagles Fans - Chiefs,though no real loyalties either way.Maybe a few 9ers in there after Super Bowl LVII.
Redskins Fans - Maybe Chiefs,with many pushing back on the Commanders Tag!

South Division
Saints Fans - Maybe 9ers,given the old rivalry has tapered off a bit,given the Saints' realignment.
Buccaneers Fans - Again,maybe 9ers.More professional respect between the 2.
Panthers Fans - Down in the Dumps,safe to say neither.
Falcons Fans - Chiefs.The Hatred is still probably there,after 1 - Pinching Deion Sanders off them. 2 - Pinching an NFC Championship off them!
Last edited by grassy1 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Now let's head to the AFC Fans' Loyalties -

AFC
West Division
Raiders Fans - Where else would you start?NOBODY!Because they Really Do HATE EVERYBODY!Though they Hate the Steelers,Patriots(Tuck Rule/Stingely Righteousness),Dolphins,Broncos more,the Chiefs and 9ers are right up there on Raiders Fans' Hate List!
Broncos Fans - 9ers.I thought long and hard about this one.The Pain from SuperBowl XXIV probably still lingers,as would the Love/Hate relationship over Bill Romanowski.But Ultimately their Hatred of the Chiefs would tip the scales our way.
Chargers Fans - Chiefs.They probably Hate Us for Super Bowl XXIX!

North Division
Steelers Fans - Hmmmmm,9ers.Not given to insane Jealousy like others(Raiders,Giants,Cowboys)if we draw level on 6 Lombardi Trophies,though still not too fond of AFC Rivals either,particularly the Raiders,of course!
Browns Fans - 9ers.I might assume too much,but if Browns fans are still happy with the 9ers helping out in their Hours of need,then we should get the nod.Unless the Chiefs helped the Browns as well.
Bengals Fans - 2 Super Bowl Losses that were Wiinable against the 9ers,tip the scales the Chiefs' way.Fans touched by Sam Wyche's Sportsmanship might be few and far between.
Ravens Fans - Now they're not there,9ers.Pretty hard to forgive Losses like the AFC Championship.

East Division
Patriots Fans - 9ers.Destined for some Post-Season Sideline stints,Patriots fans might be more alarmed at the Chiefs' Rate of Success,rather than the 49ers.
Jets Fans - Neither.Another season of Heartbreak,....The Jets are a,.......Nah!Won't say it,....for now! :lol:
Buffalo Fans - 9ers.Too much pain at the hands of the Chiefs make that one an easy choice for Bills fans!
Miami Dolphins Fans - Neither.SuperBowl XIX is still too much a Painfull Memory,but then the Heavy Wild Card Loss to the Chiefs is as well.

South Division
Texans Fans - 9ers.Not enough History with the 9ers to Hate Us,but mounting Losses to the Chiefs doesn't help the mood.
Jaguars Fans - 9ers,given any negative Conference memories of Losses to the Chiefs don't help.
Colts Fans - 9ers.Same again.Any Losses in succession to the Chiefs,won't spare much love to Kansas City.
Titans Fans - 9ers,more History with the Chiefs goes against them.

So there you have it.I'd say the SuperBowl that not many wanted,most likely because the poor old Lions just fell short,has the Chiefs just in in front on this page.I guess NFC regard or lack of it for the 9ers is sadly lacking,because the Team they used to like Dominating and Stomp On before '81,isn't there!

It has 5 SuperBowls,though not one for 28 years,29 if we go down tomorrow and I'm sure they'll take great pleasure out of it.We're probably Still regarded as a Soft Finesse type team,who Still Don't do Smashmouth Football.Arrrr,let 'em think it!They know deep inside,we've found ways to beat 'em and it must Eat 'em Bad,especially the Giants,Cowboys,Packers and Bears!

On the field,as much as I am naturally cheering for the 49ers,putting the Glasses down,I would say the Chiefs hold the edge,if Patrick Mahomes gets hold of our slightly shaky defense,which is generally ok,but can leak points badly,if they're not Fully Switched On!

Brock Purdie needs to be ON his Game,but also needs Better Protection,when the Heat is Really ON!And Kicker Jake Moody Must NOT Miss Once!He's missed a few at Key Moments,that he Can Not Afford to Miss tomorrow,that can make ALL the difference between being SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS and being Also Rans!

Former Steeler Dwight White is absolutely Spot On!Nobody Remembers you,if you Win None,or only 1.

And of course,John Madden who incredibly only got 1 Opportunity after 6 AFC Championship Losses,said to his Raiders who Finally did get that Opportunity in '76 - "Gentlemen.Today will be one of the greatest days of your life,.....as long as you Win.LET's GO!"

Great words from a Great Man! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Any of the Bomber boys going back to the Arizona camp?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I daresay,if so,they'll be incognito.

Lord knows what the Minimum Ticket price is.

$2 Grand?Up?

Well then good Sir,was that assessment of fans' loyalties a fair one? :mrgreen:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Darn it all!

Got rolled by Mahomes with seconds to go!

That's why he's goosd,in a great game!

So Heartbroken though!

#-o :-&