Tait quits Cricket

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Tait quits Cricket

Post by swoodley »

Bloody hell...what next in this mad summer of cricket?

from theage.come.au

Test bowler Tait quits cricket

Australian fast bowler Shaun Tait has quit cricket indefinitely, citing emotional and physical exhaustion.

Tait said his love for the game had diminished and he would not play cricket at any level for an indefinite period. "This is a very difficult situation for me to be in at this time," Tait said today in a statement.

"This is not an overnight decision but something that I've been struggling with for sometime.

"A break from professional cricket will hopefully give me a clear mind and a chance for my body to rest and recover.

"My love and enjoyment of the game is struggling due to these issues and if I continue to go on, it will be unfair on my team mates and support staff of both the Australian and South Australian cricket teams - and most importantly my family and close friends."

The World Cup star struggled in his one Test appearance of the summer - the third Test against India in Perth - after a long battle to regain fitness following elbow surgery.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gotta be having some off-field issues. I was looking forward to him bowling this summer, he has been real good getting wickets in the middle of the innings.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Strange....very strange indeed.
Essendunny
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

If I was a fast bowler having to break my back every week on that flat track in Adelaide, I reckon I would give it away also. He should plan a move to Qld or WA.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Depression.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

CameronClayton wrote:If I was a fast bowler having to break my back every week on that flat track in Adelaide, I reckon I would give it away also. He should plan a move to Qld or WA.
It's been OK for Jason Gillespie for quite a few years. Unfortunately, I reckon Kaan might be right.
Essendunny