NBA: Rockets tied Second Longest Winning Streak

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

NBA: Rockets tied Second Longest Winning Streak

Post by Essendon4eva »

Yesterday the Houston Rockets beat the Atlanta Hawks to tie with 1971 Milwaukee Bucks of 20 games. Tomorrow the take on the Bobcats to go for number 21 then if succesful take on the record holders, the L.A. Lakers (33 games/1972), who also lead the Western Conferance.
The streak started back in January against the Golden State Warriors and has continued after the season ending injury of Yao Ming. During the Houston Rockets' 20-game win streak, they have been led in scoring by five different players (T-Mac 12 times, Yao five times, Luther Head once, Alston once, and even Carl Landry once).

This is a remarkable acheivment for any team. Essendon went for 21 wins, but played one game a week, while on travelling a fews times. The ROckets have constantly travelled across North America, played back-to-back games, and 3 games in 4 nights. A remarkable acheivment.
On the Rookie List

Re: NBA: Rockets tied Second Longest Winning Streak

Post by 84859300 »

Have they beaten anyone of note in the streak.

I assume that in basketball, due to all the travel, that they would play the same team a few times in the week like they do in baseball.

There seem to be the stand out teams and the chumps, as in any sport.

But 20 wins is 20 wins......just ask Tom Brady.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

84859300 wrote:Have they beaten anyone of note in the streak.

I assume that in basketball, due to all the travel, that they would play the same team a few times in the week like they do in baseball.

There seem to be the stand out teams and the chumps, as in any sport.

But 20 wins is 20 wins......just ask Tom Brady.
Not the case at all 8485...

A typical road trip is anywhere from 4-8 games, almost always in different cities against different teams.

Believe me, 20 wins (now 21) in a row in this competition is a phenomenal effort regardless of the competiton and they are playing without one of the premier players in the league in Yao Ming.

Doubt they'll make it to the Lakers record though.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Regardless of who they have beaten, every team has the same schedule playing the same teams. Clubs like the Spurs, Dallas or Lakers will go on a mutiple game streak and lose to a team like Charlotte or Golden State.
The Lakers will roll into Houston tomorrow on a back to back adn become another notch in the belt of the streak.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Does this mean your back for season '08 E4E?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

On and off. Other than Essendon I have no interest in AFL anymore. Teams being rewarded for failure, bullshit rule changes and officiating.

Bakc on topic. The 76ers just beat the Spurs and the Nets beat the Jazz. I think that legitimizes the now 21 games streak and disputes the argument that it isn't that impressive because of a weak schedule.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The streak is finished at 22.

Boston beat Houston 94-74 today (yesterday US time)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Houston get totally out muscled in the paint by the Celtics. The Celtics also jsut completed a sweep fo teh Texas Trianlge, beating Dallas, San Antonio and Houston.