Official A-League Thread

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Victory 1 Glory 0
Brebner 88

Grant Brebner strikes a super goal from just outside the box to ensure the Victory come away with their 10th win of the season. Not a great match in terms of entertainment, as the Glory turned up with one intention and that was to walk away with the draw. The Victory did seem to be getting frustrated but to the credit of the boys hardwork Brebner comes up with an absoloute scorcher as the Victory run away one nil victors.

GO VICTORY
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

BREBNER! :D It was a brilliant goal.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

2-0 over QLD another good win. Could've been better but still a good effort. Onto Newcastle at the Dome. All the fans will be out in force again.

Go Victory :) !!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Roar have signed Mori as the 20th player in their squad. They might start getting a few more goals now. From Foxsports:

NEW coach Frank Farina's influence has already paid off for Queensland Roar with the A-League club announcing the signing of classy striker Damian Mori.

Regarded as one of Australia's all-time great strikers, Mori will help address Roar's woes in front of goal.

He completed his stint with Central Coast Mariners last weekend and Farina swooped to sign him as the 20th player on Roar's roster.

Mori will join his new teammates in Sydney tomorrow and will be rushed into Friday night's clash with Sydney FC at Aussie Stadium.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

with the number of injuries Victory has now, wouldn't be surprised if we drop a couple of games over the next few weeks. But given we're 12 points clear, we can afford to rest a few and test the depth of the rest of the squad.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Koala wrote:with the number of injuries Victory has now, wouldn't be surprised if we drop a couple of games over the next few weeks. But given we're 12 points clear, we can afford to rest a few and test the depth of the rest of the squad.
That may be however, its important we beat Sydney and Adelaide in the coming weeks, especially the sydeny game as we will have 45,000 there.

I have said for a while, some of these boys need a rest before the finals. Danny is stuffed at the moment, he needs a break, as does archie and fred.

The back 4 are doing a great job, but I would like to see Ferrante given some more time, just to add some depth.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Has sarkies played a full game yet this season? If not I think we should give him more full games, the kid is going to be a superstar.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

Rossoneri wrote:The back 4 are doing a great job, but I would like to see Ferrante given some more time, just to add some depth.
I'd like to see Ferrante given more time because he's cute :P
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Very disappointing. Didn't watch the game but caught the score before the broadcast finished. 1-0. We should havve won that easily. Still top so no use getting to distressed over it.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

JumboPaddy wrote:Very disappointing. Didn't watch the game but caught the score before the broadcast finished. 1-0. We should havve won that easily. Still top so no use getting to distressed over it.
So you reckon we should have won easily even though you didnt see the game?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I was out so I didnt get a chance too see it but the build up towards the game has been easy win for Melbourne as it should have been. Thats all
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

We didn't deserve to win. We played like absolute shite and credit to Newcastle they played very well. It always looked as though they woudl score again rather than us grabbing an equaliser.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Suck on that you Adelaide losers. 3-1/ Bloody cheap shots on Muscat and around the ground also including that friggen dickhead Veart. I sense we have a new rivalry in sport. Bring on Sydney. :evil:
SuperSonic
High Draft Pick

Post by SuperSonic »

BAHAHAHA!

1-3 HAHAHAHA

Stick to jamming corpses in barrells you useless shower. Ha Hahahahahah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Remember, they are the state that gave us Peter Hoare!!!!!!!!
f****** morons, stick that up your f****** arses. Their should be a cage put around the state, and no one should be allowed out (no one would want to go there to start with). They still think that the F1 GP was raced there a couple of weeks ago.

Hope the victory fans who traveled there didn take their cars and had security guards around the buses. Those scum would have tried to steal the bolts from the wheels.

EDIT: No offence Boylerroom, I still consider you a Victorian.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

can't wait for this Friday! 40K+ at the Dome. Will be awesome!
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I was there on Friday night and it was awesome. The Victory supporters were fantastic. They are so loud. There was 11 first time Victory watchers with us on Friday night and 8 of the 11 are going on Friday night. The Adelaide press can get stuffed. Stories on Sat nights news about soccer trouble. It was the 2nd story and no mention of the United supporters throwing full unopened soft drink cans into the victory supporters area and stories in the paper on Sat, Sunday and Monday about it. Biased reporting at it's best.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

45,000 people I've heard are attending. Now football, well soccer to me, is now officially huge in Melbourne. Lets see if we can continually see that amount of support in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to tonights game :D 3-1 Melbourne is my tip.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Well at least one goal would've been nice. Awesome crowd 53,300. Was a shame they didn't get to see a goal. Numerous chances wasted but were well invented especially by Archie. They seriously need to work on their set pieces from the corner. They haven't scored once from corner this year I heard. Well it's better than a loss.

So people who went to the game, how was the atmosphere? better than AFL? Looked fantastic
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Crowd was 50,330 atmosphere was still pretty good but sydney I thought played to defensively in order to have a good game for the supporters. Melbourne didn't look on song either. It was still a good match but I had been hoping for atleast a melbourne goal, but thats life. Wasn't the best match I've been too but ofcourse I'd definetly go again.