Selection poblem

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Ryno
Top Up Player

Selection poblem

Post by Ryno »

With westcoast trying to make room for Banfield, Staker, Rosa, and Wirrapunda in the Grand final side. Staker young up and coming CHB/CHF from ACT, if he misses the GF it would be worth getting in his ear and trying to get him to return closer to home. I know I wold be dirty if I played all year and missed the GF so Banfield could play as part of his retirment (probably)......What do you guys think and what would you pay / Trade. Laycock/Staker?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

laycock for staker sounds alright
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I thought it was Banfield was in the team... But was likely to make room for Wirrpunda?
Ryno
Top Up Player

Post by Ryno »

Yeah wirrapunda, staker and rosa are out of the side at the moment. They are not sure who to drop to bring them in. Banfield played in the 94 GF with Woosha... I believe.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Oh ok... I just thought you were trying to make out that Banfield should be brought into the team, when hes already in! :?
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Staker would be a good pick up if he can get some consistency. I had him in my dreamteam this year. Damn near drove me nuts. He'd go out and cream the opposition one week then totally go missing the following week. I'm sure as he gains experience this will change.

Good call about getting in his ear if he misses out though. Would be good to have in the team. Is he Victorian?
Ryno
Top Up Player

Post by Ryno »

He is from the ACT/ Rams according to his details on their web site. I had him in my dream team also, he seemed to play really well in the back line and was hot and cold when they put him forward. He is only 22 I think so still only young. Played all bar one game I believe.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Staker is from Broken Hill like Solly!!
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Would love to get him for laycock but I highly doubt the deal would go through. We'd only need to play him down back which is good too.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I doubt Staker would leave. I don't know if he was in the team last week or will be this week, but he has played most games and gives them a good 3rd tall option up forward and can go back.

And why would they want Laycock? They've got big Cox and Seaby aint too bad.

Plus we should keep him because I think he will be very good, and I think Hille is rubbish and Cartledge may be cut.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I think the talk about Laycock is because he's supposedly requested a move. I hope he stays.

I like Staker but we're going to have one choc-a-bloc forward line next year. Not sure there's room for a Staker as well... and he's no CHB.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Where is all this talk of Staker coming from?

Living in Perth, I have the unfortunate luck of having the eagles on tv every week.

This guy makes as many mistakes as Bradley and is hot and cold like Laycock. He is not the big body player we need to play on the likes of Hall, Brown and co.

They would eat him for breakfast
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

swoodley wrote:Where is all this talk of Staker coming from?

Living in Perth, I have the unfortunate luck of having the eagles on tv every week.

This guy makes as many mistakes as Bradley and is hot and cold like Laycock. He is not the big body player we need to play on the likes of Hall, Brown and co.

Maybe Bradley for Staker??
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Tamworth Bomber wrote:

I'll keep Bradley thanks
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

swoodley wrote:
Tamworth Bomber wrote:

I'll keep Bradley thanks
That is a big call :wink:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

swoodley wrote:
Tamworth Bomber wrote:

I'll keep Bradley thanks
I'd rather Staker - less unco.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

j-mac wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Tamworth Bomber wrote:

I'll keep Bradley thanks
I'd rather Staker - less unco.
Bradley bulked up over summer and has taken time to adjust to his new shape. He will probably spend more time this summer working on skills (rather than weights) and should improve next year.