Bad Rumour

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Bad Rumour

Post by Doctor Fish »

Heard from a semi reliable source involved with the club that we're chasing Kozi from Stinkilda. Has anyone else heard this one?

Man I hope it's not true...

#-o
Chris
Top Up Player

Re: Bad Rumour

Post by Chris »

Depends what the Saints think he is worth and as such what we have to give up. I think the saints overrate him so will price him well above what I think he is worth. I'd take him for a 3rd round pick as a depth player for our ruck stocks. Laycock needs some list pressure to lift his game, and Kosi could provide exactly that. On last years form Kosi would be our starting 22 second ruck all year, but if the cock puts in some work im sure he could relegate Kosi to the reserves and that 3rd round pick has then got us 2 good rucks.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Frankly, I'd love to get Kosi. He's had shocking luck with injuries but just about played a full season last year and will break-out next year.

26 year old ruckmen who:

- compete
- can take a contested mark
- break packs
- can play 85% of game time
- can play key forward

are rare as hens' teeth. I can only think of two in the league and the other is David Hille. Oh and by the way, if Cameron Wood and Robbie Warnock are worth a first round pick then Kosi is worth pick #5 easy.

We won't get him though.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

andrewb wrote:Frankly, I'd love to get Kosi. He's had shocking luck with injuries but just about played a full season last year and will break-out next year.

26 year old ruckmen who:

- compete
- can take a contested mark
- break packs
- can play 85% of game time
- can play key forward

are rare as hens' teeth. I can only think of two in the league and the other is David Hille. Oh and by the way, if Cameron Wood and Robbie Warnock are worth a first round pick then Kosi is worth pick #5 easy.

We won't get him though.
My beef with Kozi is the fact that he's always injured. We've got enough of those blokes on our list. I heard they were offering Lovey and pick 5... So you might just get what you want there Andrew.

:wink:
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Hmmm... Not sure that Lovett + #5 is fair... maybe if we switched first and second rounders or something... i.e. Lovett + #5 + #23 for Kosi + #12 + #30

If we can keep him fit (which should be less and less of a problem over the next few years as he has a mature body), he would be perfect for our structure and game plan. Two good ruckmen who can kick goals and take pack marks... drool! We lost so much momentum this year when Laycock went into the ruck. He can also play CHB - quite well - which would mean that we'd be able to switch Ryder ino the ruck if things weren't happening.

I like it. I like it a lot.

#5 could be a Judd or could be a Spud. Kosi is 5-6 years of guaranteed quality. Make it happen Dr Fish!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I am not sold on Kozi...I agree that he would probably push chook out at the moment, but he is injury prone and admittedly a few of them have been a result of his attack on the ball...

One thing that I do admire with Kozi is that he doesn't shirk the contest and as above, this is often why he has gotten injured...
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Wouldn't be bad if we don't give alot. Has alot of potential.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I laughed when I read that.

He's headbutted everything even remotely solid in the past few years. I can't believe he's got any brain cells left at all. I'm always alarmed at a game he finishes without a bandage wrapped around his head.

Yeah, he'd fit right in :mrgreen:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Kosi has an almost vacant stare as he moves around the ground...I see him as entering the McKernan phase of late career deterioration, and actually sometimes think his life may be better served selling newspapers.

He puts in the occasional very good game, but rarely a game winner.

He has always suffered in Riewoldts shadow I've thought, and the running into the umpire and collapsing on the telly has always had me concerned.

I see it as a BIG risk.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Surely not!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Highly unlikely after reading this from foxsports:

JUSTIN Koschitzke will remain a Saint in 2009 unless the club receives an offer too good to refuse.

And that offer hasn't yet materialised, nor is it likely to during trade week.

Coach Ross Lyon told the 26-year-old late last week that he did not want to trade him, just as teammate Nick Dal Santo was told he was a required player.

The eight-year forward/ruckman, who has two years to run on a three-year deal, has made it known he does not want to leave St Kilda.

Saints chief executive Archie Fraser strongly indicated Koschitzke was staying.

"We signed a three-year deal with him and the view is we still see him a part of the structure," Fraser said.

"You never say never because you don't know what's going to come up during trade week, and he's probably been floated around more because of perception than the reality, but he's pretty important part of the group."
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I would prefer Michael Rix from the Saints. We were one pick away from getting him in the draft the year the Saints got him. Would he be worth going after at all?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I would prefer Michael Rix from the Saints. We were one pick away from getting him in the draft the year the Saints got him. Would he be worth going after at all?
Comedy gold.
I would rather bring Henneman out of retirement to do our ruck duties than get Rix!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

aww c'mon whats so bad about Michael Rix. :P
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Injury prone without Quninny being involved.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.