Linked with Brett Prismall

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Linked with Brett Prismall

Post by j-mac31 »

I have two concerns: 1. is he as good as they say? He's only played a handful of AFL games, who really knows what we'd be getting. 2. Will the knee be a concern? I suppose he could be on the LTI early and if a rookie deserves a game he can get one.

Also, it's a knee injury, it's not as if he is actually injury prone with lots of soft tissue injuries eg.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

j-mac wrote:I have two concerns: 1. is he as good as they say? He's only played a handful of AFL games, who really knows what we'd be getting. 2. Will the knee be a concern? I suppose he could be on the LTI early and if a rookie deserves a game he can get one.

Also, it's a knee injury, it's not as if he is actually injury prone with lots of soft tissue injuries eg.
1. Yes. This kid is the goods. If Geelong weren't over a barrel and he wasn't injured he'd go for a first rounder minimum.
2. According to reports the surgeon is very happy with the outcome of the surgery and he may be ready Round One... A month into the season at the latest. It's not a "bad" ACL.

3. (FWIW) He's also had a couple of minor broken bones in his career.
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

These are some that are likely deals- So i hear....another rumour.

-Essendon gain Prismall & 15, while Geelong gain Lovett & 23.
-Essendon gain Prismall & 33, while Geelong gain 23.
-Essendon gain Prismall, 33 & 49 while Geelong gain Lovett & 65
-Essendon gain Prismall while Geelong gain 39 & 65.
-Essendon gain Prismall, while Geelong gain 23.
-Essendon gain 15, while Geelong gain Lovett & 39.

I like the first 3, they all work out in our favour
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I heard a (very soft) rumour that we had been speaking to Shannon Byrnes' management as well... Might be a component of the deal. Thursday and Friday are going to be interesting.

Of the options that you've presented (and I believe that someone who isn't close to the action has made those up):

1, 3, 4 are feasible
2 is too heavily weighted in our favour
5 and 6 are too heavily weighted in their favour
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

LND wrote:These are some that are likely deals- So i hear....another rumour.

What a shame Geelong dont want and cant afford Lovett
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

andrewb my source works for an afl club, (not ours), but he is a supporter...just passing on some rumblings he heard that is all...nothing in concrete
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

We would have to trade with picks to get Prismall as the Cats can't afford Lovett. I don't see how he would have fit in their team anyway.

We may have to part with #23 if the Cats stay stubborn. It may depend on whether or not we end up offloading Lovett and what we would get for him.

I have a feeling we won't know the outcome until friday.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:We would have to trade with picks to get Prismall as the Cats can't afford Lovett..
Hmmm.. as the CAts have not delisted any players leading into trade week (from memory ... under AFL rules , 6 players from their list must be cut prior to draft week) ... it is unclear what their lattitude under the salary cap is.

I would have thought that as Nathan Abblett is a given out (and would expect him to be around the $150-200 K) and dropping another 4 players on a min of $125K for four draftees on $80K ... the $250K for Lovett is not an issue ... unless they have a deal in the wings with big $$$ or are keen to maintain all existing key players at the same or higher wages!

Cheers - sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

sti dreams wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:We would have to trade with picks to get Prismall as the Cats can't afford Lovett..
Hmmm.. as the CAts have not delisted any players leading into trade week (from memory ... under AFL rules , 6 players from their list must be cut prior to draft week) ... it is unclear what their lattitude under the salary cap is.
It is now clear. They cannot take Lovett due to the salary cap and are looking for picks for Prismall.
http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabi ... wsId=68791
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac wrote:
sti dreams wrote:
It is now clear. They cannot take Lovett due to the salary cap and are looking for picks for Prismall.
I heard this morning that we are considering giving Geelong Lovett and paying the part of his salary that Geelong can't afford under TPP... Would not be happy with that outcome unless they give us something else very juicy in return
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Dizzy_69 wrote:
LND wrote:These are some that are likely deals- So i hear....another rumour.

What a shame Geelong dont want and cant afford Lovett
Melbourne is keen on Lovett and can afford, we should be getting them to the table with Geelong and just sort something out.

If we effectively get Prismall, lose lovett to the dees and upgrade/gain some draft picks, I think that would be a good outcome.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

bomberdonnie wrote:
j-mac wrote: Hmmm.. as the CAts have not delisted any players leading into trade week (from memory ... under AFL rules , 6 players from their list must be cut prior to draft week) ... it is unclear what their lattitude under the salary cap is.
I heard this morning that we are considering giving Geelong Lovett and paying the part of his salary that Geelong can't afford under TPP... Would not be happy with that outcome unless they give us something else very juicy in return[/quote]

We better not be helping Geel pay some of his contract. If the Cats can't afford him thats there problem. I would rather us keep lovett for the remaining year on his contract with us.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Cats clearly have some money available, otherwise they couldn't use thier draft picks, smoke and mirrors to see how keen we are for their boy.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

WELCOME TO WINDY HILL. :D =D>

vingertje vingertje vingertje