I hate Brad Johnson

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: I hate Brad Johnson

Post by robrulz5 »

Wasn't surprised with the free kicks he was getting, he gets them every week. The Dogs always seem to get a good run against us.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

He always manages to kick a few against us. I like him all the rest of the time, can't stand the smirky little shit when we play 'em tho.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I can't really hate him, even when we're playing them. He's been a star for the doggies for 15 years, kicked over 500 goals and his only blemish is that he's never won a flag. As a midfielder / forward I think he stacks up well against the best of all time - only a handful (Matthews, KB, etc.) would be significantly ahead of him. He plays in the spirit of the game, he's a wonderful bloke off the field and he's been loyal to a shitty club.

When you think about it, he could conceivably play 400 games - he's only 32, has 324 in the bag already and he's still in great nick... even if he's kicking 30 a year instead of 50 you still wouldn't mind having him in a pocket.

When they go back and do the next team of the century his name will certainly come up in discussions on weight of numbers alone. Not saying that he'll get in, but he'll definitely warrant a look.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Fantastic player. Now we know what it was like for other teams when we had Boris Bewick......
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

andrewb wrote:I can't really hate him, even when we're playing them. He's been a star for the doggies for 15 years, kicked over 500 goals and his only blemish is that he's never won a flag. As a midfielder / forward I think he stacks up well against the best of all time - only a handful (Matthews, KB, etc.) would be significantly ahead of him. He plays in the spirit of the game, he's a wonderful bloke off the field and he's been loyal to a shitty club.

When you think about it, he could conceivably play 400 games - he's only 32, has 324 in the bag already and he's still in great nick... even if he's kicking 30 a year instead of 50 you still wouldn't mind having him in a pocket.

When they go back and do the next team of the century his name will certainly come up in discussions on weight of numbers alone. Not saying that he'll get in, but he'll definitely warrant a look.
Couldn't agree more Andrew...

Was pretty lucky getting that 50m penalty though considering he had Slatts head under his hot, sweaty armpit effectively using Hanks hair-gel as a roll on deodorant...

:-&
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Gun player.

Think you might be on your own here Filth...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Boris never let the umpires die wondering if there was the smell of a free kick in the air!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Bishop Muzorewa
Top Up Player

Post by Bishop Muzorewa »

Filthy, once again you have demonstrated that you have no idea...as Andrewb pointed out, his statistics are very very good and he has a lot to be proud of. If he was an Essendon player and had played 324 games and kicked 500 odd goals, you would be the first to rush to his defence wouldn't you!!? Ha. As someone else said, maybe this was what it was like watching Bewick, for instance, if you were a Dons supporter in the 1990s...

Classic case of "you can't have your cake and eat it too" Filth.

And for the record, I don;t think Johnson derserves to be in any team of the centrury discussions...his inability to really deliver as a captain when his side needs him is very glaring...he often misses crucial goals in clutch moemnts. Who can forget his after the siren miss last year (against Tigers?) ?? f*** me, if that wasn't a captains goal then I'm not here. Can't imagine a Hird, Buckley, Voss or Judd missing that one.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Johnson - had a pretty good game. could say he got a couple of soft ones from the umps.

I find it pretty hard to hate any scragger that much. poor bastards havent had a flag in 54 years.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I must say that I've always liked Johnson....he's been a gun player for years now and as previously mentioned, has stayed at the Bulldogs when he no doubt he could have gone elsewhere and played for a more successful team.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Soft as butter. Any sort of contact and he straight away will look at an umpire and plead his case. When Lloyd does it, "oh, he is out of form" or "he is a sook" etc

Says alot about the club when he is probably one of their best 5 in their history.
He is a good player, but no where near the levels as spoken by some in this thread.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Thank you Filth, I have been saying the same thing for years. I absolutely despise the guy!!!!!!!!! So many "push out, take a mark ", staging for frees, goals when receiving a handball over the top, you know, the sort of shit that really gets under my skin. Good stats or not, for me, Brad Johnson is only JUST better than Milne in the popularity stakes!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I cant hate him.

He just a typical goal sneak type player. Basically he has been the go to forward in that side for years and I think the staging for frees has increased as his body has got more and more buffeted when playing on bigger backmen who also have the agility to go with him. Its like his body is saying "give me a break" and if I can milk a free I damn well will. I cant really condemn him for that.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

hate him too Filth
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

I liked Brad Johnson one upon a time. I cannot stand the guy now. He is nothing more than a cheat. He almost single-handedly one the Dogs last weeks game with his theatrics!

The umps love him. Butter wouldn't melt out of his mouth!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

My vote is on the dislike side

Think he is over rated and I hate guys like hi that play for free kicks all day
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

sorry if this is a bit of thread hi jacking. - but heck who can really hate brad johnson.

but what i just wanted to add that I really hate hawthorn. i just frikkin HATE them. and its worse - much worse now that they are good.

I hope to hell the efc finds a way fast to get up and beat em. every article i read about them(read one this morning on their young list) literally makes my stomach turn.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:sorry if this is a bit of thread hi jacking. - but heck who can really hate brad johnson.

but what i just wanted to add that I really hate hawthorn. i just frikkin HATE them. and its worse - much worse now that they are good.

I hope to hell the efc finds a way fast to get up and beat em. every article i read about them(read one this morning on their young list) literally makes my stomach turn.
Yeah but, they are a shining example of good culling, excellent recruiting, terrific planning, and great persistence. Within 12 months of Clarkson appointment, supporters wanted him sacked, experts were questioning his game plan and others were commenting on his stubborness to change his ways. I guess he stuck it all up their arses.....
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote:
tom9779 wrote:sorry if this is a bit of thread hi jacking. - but heck who can really hate brad johnson.

Yeah but, they are a shining example of good culling, excellent recruiting, terrific planning, and great persistence. Within 12 months of Clarkson appointment, supporters wanted him sacked, experts were questioning his game plan and others were commenting on his stubborness to change his ways. I guess he stuck it all up their arses.....
also a shining example of cocky, dirty a$$h0les. (scuse the potty mouth).

the fact that they are good now...argh can't stand it. the essendon footy club has to improve greatly this year, if not just to stick it up them.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

tom9779 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

also a shining example of cocky, dirty a$$h0les. (scuse the potty mouth).

the fact that they are good now...argh can't stand it. the essendon footy club has to improve greatly this year, if not just to stick it up them.
It's not just you tom. I f*cking despise them too.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.