Kent Kingsley

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Kent Kingsley

Post by mrredfox »

OK before i get abused i must admit i didnt give him a second thought when i heard he quit Geelong.

Kingsley isnt a bad HFF and the following scenario would be worth a second look.

We all agree that Lucas is our best shot at CHB but he is also a damn good forward and our 3rd marking option. If we got Kingsley and played him HFF it would free up Lucas to play CHB ALL year without taking away the 3rd marking option up forward.

In 2007 our forward line is likely to be our biggest weapon and the above scenario would not deminish that weapon and would also strengthen our backline which is our weakest link.

Your thoughts?
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Sorry redfox, wouldnt go near Kinsley, he is bloody hopelessly inconsistant and wouldn't add much to our forward line at all.

i think Lloyd, Hird and Johns is enoug talls up forward and we could add Lucus up there conditions and momentum permitting, but as you mentioned I'd like Lucus at CHB feeding it forward with his 60-70 mtr bombs.

Those 3 big boys should be hard enough to handle, all we really need then is a quality front and square FP, maybe Dempsy will fill that role. With Monfries on one flank, it is up to Dyson and Winderlich to fill out what should be a very deadly forward line for 07.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I'd take Tarrant over Kingsley. And I wouldnt take Tarrant.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

What Boncer said.

Kingsley (who runs at the speed of dark) is NOT what Essendon need anyway ie another middle-aged player.

Lloyd, Lucas, Johns is an awesome set-up, Lee/Hansen can develop at CHB.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

sorry red i cant see him getting a game for bendigo let alone essendon... hes a hack
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

j-mac wrote:What Boncer said.

Kingsley (who runs at the speed of dark) is NOT what Essendon need anyway ie another middle-aged player.

Lloyd, Lucas, Johns is an awesome set-up, Lee/Hansen can develop at CHB.
sure is an awesome set up. I hope it stays that way.
crumming forwards in Hird, Monfries(until he gets some muscle).
awesome.

2007 will be about building our backline I reckon(and if Hansen is all that he might be a part of it). The midfield is FINALLY just starting to take care of itself.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

For as long as my ass hole points to the ground my opinion will be that Kingsley is not what Essendon need or want.