Couple of things from Bigfooty

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Rossoneri wrote:
bombercol wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
bombercol wrote:More bull shit on Big Footy than what you'd see in a bull ring.
I do feel sorry for people who cant read.
I can read.

Yesterday I saw on Big Footy that someone posted that they spoke to Peter Everitt and he told him that he was being traded to Collingwood then on traded to Sydney and Doyle would go to Hawthorn and yadda yadda yadda.
A player can not be on-traded to another club, only draft picks can be on-traded.

I think Big footy is being run by the Iraqi information minister. Cant believe people actually head there and read the shit and post on it, and other actually believe it.

Bombercol: I know you dont believe it anyway.
I look at Big Footy on occasions for a bit of comedy relief :D
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

bombercol wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
I can read.

Yesterday I saw on Big Footy that someone posted that they spoke to Peter Everitt and he told him that he was being traded to Collingwood then on traded to Sydney and Doyle would go to Hawthorn and yadda yadda yadda.

As I said, Big Footy......more horse shit there than what you'll see in the stables at Flemington.
I was actually refering to the fact both myself and xena have already mentioned the crap on bigfooty. I was merely floating ideas, so obviously you didnt read it very closely did you?
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

There is so much shit on bigfooty my head almost explodes reading it. Full of absolute tools that place. Just a general comment. ;)
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

boncer34 wrote:
bombercol wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
I can read.

As I said, Big Footy......more horse shit there than what you'll see in the stables at Flemington.
I was actually refering to the fact both myself and xena have already mentioned the crap on bigfooty. I was merely floating ideas, so obviously you didnt read it very closely did you?
My apologies. As soon as I saw that it was posted on Big Footy I dismissed it as being bollocks. Therfore my comment was just reiterarating your comment that a lot of crap (and extremely funny stuff - if you know what I mean) is posted there. They seem to have more sources than in Jame Oliver's kitchen!

As far as the trades that was put up in your post, I'll give you my opinion:-

1. JJ to Melbourne. Could be a possiblity given that they are maybe a coule of quality and experienced bodies away from giving the premiership a bit of a shake. Ferguson has been spoken about as a possible trade in return. Thje Herald Sun suggested Yze for the right price could be traded. Nicholson also seems to be out of favour given Carroll's form this year.
Ferguson could be a possibility but only accompanied with their second round (which would be no 26) for JJ. Outside of that They'd have to get another club involved in a threesome to get him off us (i.e. Geelong where we get Kelly), something like that.

2. McPhee I reckon will stay because Henno and I reckon Bolton will not be around next year. Kangaroos too I think will concentrate on the youngens in the draft given their public bashings over their recyling of players in recent seasons. The only straight swap I'd do with the Kangaroos with McPhee would be us getting Petrie. Similar types, however Petrie can play a KPP and pinch hit in the ruck, that type would come in handy here.
Stealth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Stealth Bomber »

According to BigFooty, we are being linked to a certain Cats player again, who has apparently stated that he wants to play for Essendon next year.

A Bomberblitz poster I won't name (but I can tell you he's a footy jumper enthusiast) claims to have known this for some time via a confidential source who is apparently upset that this has been leaked.

It is hard to take BigFooty rumours seriously sometimes, but this one looks like it has some legs.
No longer ambivalent about Mark Bolton.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

James Kelly? Would be a good pickup IMO. Out of favour at Geelong, and not happy with the way he has been handled, especially with his shoulder injury.
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

just for information: players can be on traded as such but it is genarally called a 3 way trade.

eg, Ev goes to sydney, Hawks get collingwood 2nd round pick, Collingwood get Sydneys second round pick and some crappy player. These get very messy and generally fall over at the 11th hour but they do happen.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

danstar84 wrote:James Kelly? Would be a good pickup IMO. Out of favour at Geelong, and not happy with the way he has been handled, especially with his shoulder injury.
James Kelly would need to work on his disposal! but I'd be happy to get him!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

He had a fantastic year in 2005 was it? Everything went down hill after he copped the nasty shoulder injury. According a friend of Kelly, he asked to be played in the forward line until he could get confidence back in his shoulder, but was played by Bomber in the midfield anyway.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Didnt he break his leg in 2005???
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Well maybe 2004 was his good year.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Dizzy_69 wrote:
danstar84 wrote:James Kelly? Would be a good pickup IMO. Out of favour at Geelong, and not happy with the way he has been handled, especially with his shoulder injury.
James Kelly would need to work on his disposal! but I'd be happy to get him!
What another slow midfielder with poor disposal?
mrredfox wrote:just for information: players can be on traded as such but it is genarally called a 3 way trade.

eg, Ev goes to sydney, Hawks get collingwood 2nd round pick, Collingwood get Sydneys second round pick and some crappy player. These get very messy and generally fall over at the 11th hour but they do happen.
Not true. This is not on-trading, it IS a three way deal. On-trading would be like (for example) Hird being traded to Brisbane for Voss and then Essendon trading Voss to West Coast in a deal for Judd.

In a three way deal, it is done with three teams in one transaction. On-trading involves a player being traded twice in separate deals. To use a real example, Jacobs was not on-traded to Hawthorn, just because there was a three way deal, nor Alvey to Essendon.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The JJ trade seems realistic but i can't see Smokey going anywhere. If James Kelly wants to play for us then i say go for it. He was and still is a very exciting player but he just hasn't been able to return to his best since he broke his leg.

Speaking of Danny Jacobs... any chance of getting him back from the Hawks? With Croad and Dawson back as well as rumours of either Thornton or Michael joining them, spots in that team look pretty limited to Danny...
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I think Kelly would be a great addition. He's mobile could fill a couple of roles but has shown he is capable of kicking goals.