Aka: Missed him.

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Lions called it 'irrelevant' that he wanted to go to WB in the Age today.

Not over yet...
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

I thought they had agreed to send Aker to where he wanted? :?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Dizzy_69 wrote:I thought they had agreed to send Aker to where he wanted? :?
Highly unlikely

aker doesn't have much authority and with him being on bad terms with the lions and matthews id say they arn't going to give a shit where he wants to go, the lions are going to accept the best deal they can get
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

yeah true
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

With Matthews Vs Aker, he's likely to get sent to the last place on his list...

I don't even try to guess these things. We'll all know soon enough.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

after the doggies performance on the weekend Aker might be having second thoughts lol
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Caught a bit of the fotoy show last night where they were questioning him about it. He basically said that he only want's to go to the Dogs, but if a trade can't be made he would be a professional and finish off next year with Brisbane.

I think i'm starting to agree with the people who categorically didn't want him here, arrogant wanker.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

danstar84 wrote:Caught a bit of the fotoy show last night where they were questioning him about it. He basically said that he only want's to go to the Dogs, but if a trade can't be made he would be a professional and finish off next year with Brisbane.

I think i'm starting to agree with the people who categorically didn't want him here, arrogant wanker.
Lets hope the dogs & lions can't agree on a trade
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

danstar84 wrote: I think i'm starting to agree with the people who categorically didn't want him here, arrogant wanker.
At a boy; you're seeing the light my son!!! Come across to the unpopular dark side and vote 'no' on Akermanis with me!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
danstar84 wrote: I think i'm starting to agree with the people who categorically didn't want him here, arrogant wanker.
At a boy; you're seeing the light my son!!! Come across to the unpopular dark side and vote 'no' on Akermanis with me!
i was fully keen on getting him here at essendon and i would still love it but im starting to look at it at a more sensible angle, and yeah picking him up will just continue what we have done since 2001 and look where it has got us.

wake up Essendon, use all the draft picks we have and use them wisely
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

he might end up twidling his thumbs at the rate he is shooting his mouth off.

Apparently (Herald-Sun) doggies are pissed off with comments he keeps making and are cooling off about picking Aka up in draft. Bombers wont offer 3 yr contract, max 2 with 1 yr option and Aka will not accept.

Must admit i am over him.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mrredfox wrote:he might end up twidling his thumbs at the rate he is shooting his mouth off.

Apparently (Herald-Sun) doggies are pissed off with comments he keeps making and are cooling off about picking Aka up in draft. Bombers wont offer 3 yr contract, max 2 with 1 yr option and Aka will not accept.

Must admit i am over him.
Well to be honest, if the club is only offering 1 year to Jason Johnson, why should they offer Aker any more? You can't possibly say to a dual Chrichton Medallist that you are only worth a one year contract and then on the other hand give a nice sweet deal to a guy who's loyalty to club and team mate is being questioned.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah he wont be at the bombers in 2007, wants 3 years and we aint gana give it to him

over him anyway
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I am SOOO over him.