Uncy Herbs rumor

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Uncy Herbs rumor

Post by boncer34 »

Now normally I'd dismiss this as rubbish but it does come from the man himself and for those who frequent themselves on bomberblitz you would know he does have a history of being correct.
http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index. ... opic=28962
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

The more I hear about Leunbeurger, the more I think Carlton might go for him. If Laycock had left, I'd have been tempted to go for him at #2 ahead of Gibbs.

And given how useful Hanson/Gumbleton would be to either Carlton or our line ups, I can imagine it is giving both sets of recruiters a real headache.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

It's strange,i keep hearing the Pick 1 Leuenberger/Carlton rumour also.They are comparing him to Dean Cox,and we know how good he is! But for Carlton not to pick up a ready made midfielder who has the skills to dominate a game,would be suicide....... :evil:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Carlton NEED another midfielder to team up with Marc Murphy. I somehow found myself on their website last night, reading the comparisons between Fevola and Lloyd that they've got going over there. The key comment that kept coming through was that in this year's draft they'll be picking up someone who can team up with Murphy to pin Fevola lace out with regular monotony.

Time will tell...
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Boyler_Room wrote:Carlton NEED another midfielder to team up with Marc Murphy. I somehow found myself on their website last night, reading the comparisons between Fevola and Lloyd that they've got going over there. The key comment that kept coming through was that in this year's draft they'll be picking up someone who can team up with Murphy to pin Fevola lace out with regular monotony.

Time will tell...

Carlton need a ruckman that can give them first use of the ball......haven't you noticed how our midfield has suddenly improved with the improvement of Hill.

One of the reasons the swans got done was the poor performance of jolley in the ruck/dominance of cox.

Leunenberger is he is gonna be a great ruckman will be an absolute gold pick up.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

All ruckman take time, and I dont know if Carlton have the patience. If he is another "Dean Cox", that means he wont come good until his mid-20's, and the current Carlton board cant afford to wait for him to mature.

I think they will go safe and short term, and plonk for Gibbs.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Precisely. Cox is what? 26? Took a long time to hit his straps (which is fairly standard for a ruckman). Carlton need to secure the services of a ready made ruckman, or a midfield good enough to read the tap.

Gibbs for mine.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Boyler_Room wrote:Precisely. Cox is what? 26? Took a long time to hit his straps (which is fairly standard for a ruckman). Carlton need to secure the services of a ready made ruckman, or a midfield good enough to read the tap.

Gibbs for mine.
your right. even if Leunenberger turns out to be awesome. Gibbs will be chosen #1.

the media has hyped up Gibbs as the best and number 1 pick.

even if Gibbs runs back to SA, or for some unknown reason just doesnt cut it in the AFL, the carlton recruiter can still easily justify that choice, based on what the footy media think.

sheedy would probably love to pick leunenberger as #2 just to stick it up carlton if he can be turned in an out and out AFL star, and Gibbs just ends up as just another decent midfielder.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

It's an interesting one because Carlton could use both.

They really do not have a ruckman of note, Deluca and McLaren, both who ended up in the reserves.

The young WA ruckman might be a priority given the depth of the draft and then pick up another good midfielder with their priority pick and possibly get a midfielder in their trading of Thornton.