What to do with JJ?

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

What to do with JJ?

Post by BERT »

He wants a 2 year deal. The club is only giving him a one year deal. Will he take the one year deal or will he walk? Can we trade him? What would we get for him?

I hope he doesn't go. He carried our midfield for 5 years. I think he should get 2 years on a performance based deal.

If he does go I would be happy with a early 2nd round pick. Nothing over pick 30.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

give him 2 year deal, otherwise i agree bert; nothing over a 30th pick
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Out of all the high profile players out of contract he seems the most likely to leave. We really need to focus on signing up McPhee and Solly before we deal with JJ.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

id be dealing with JJ equally as much as those other 2....

i really dont see mcphee leaving, solly maybe
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Personally I'd delist Soloman.

And the idea we're not offering JJ a 2yr contract (unless he wants silly $s) is in my view abominal. To treat a guy whos served our club like that when he's still only 28 (although he will be 29 next year).
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Re: What to do with JJ?

Post by dodgey »

BERT wrote:He wants a 2 year deal. The club is only giving him a one year deal. Will he take the one year deal or will he walk? Can we trade him? What would we get for him?

I hope he doesn't go. He carried our midfield for 5 years. I think he should get 2 years on a performance based deal.

If he does go I would be happy with a early 2nd round pick. Nothing over pick 30.
Johnny spoke to him on Saturday at the GF and apparently he's sticking to his Guns.....and So he f****** SHOULD
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Of these three, we should keep two - Johnson & McPhee. Solomon should be used as trade bait. He's had two years in the wilderness. We might get something for him.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Give JJ the 2 years he deserves. Yes, his body isn't what it used to be, but that's because he's shouldered the midfield for so many years when he should have had others around him but didn't because we recruited so poorly.

He can still find the ball, he can still run and carry, he can dig it out from under packs, hit the body hard, do the hard yards that not many others are prepared to do. Give him the 2.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

From bomerblitz:
The out-of-contract Jason Johnson and Dean Solomon are expected to be trade targets for other clubs with Johnson strongly linked to Melbourne and Dean Solomon to Geelong with Cats midfielder James Kelly rumoured to be interested in coming to Windy Hill.
Soly for Kelly? :?:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

F111 wrote:From bomerblitz:

Yes, at the drop of a hat.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

JJ still has it. He showed that in round 22 against the Bulldogs with a career high goal tally and a pretty good game.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

F111 wrote:From bomerblitz:
The out-of-contract Jason Johnson and Dean Solomon are expected to be trade targets for other clubs with Johnson strongly linked to Melbourne and Dean Solomon to Geelong with Cats midfielder James Kelly rumoured to be interested in coming to Windy Hill.
Sol for Kelly, Yes

Johnno for Bruce, Yes. But not for any other player on that list.
Blidge
On the Rookie List

Post by Blidge »

Soly for Kelly? :?:[/quote]

Sol for Kelly, Yes

Johnno for Bruce, Yes. But not for any other player on that list.[/quote]

even as an Essendon supporter i'm laughing at you.

are you saying you wouldn't take McLean, Davies or Rivers for JJ?
remember the club is bigger than the player.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I don't know why Essendon are being so stubborn on this issue.

Give Jason Johnson his two years for gods sake - its not as if he's in the twilight of his career and that he's been out of form.

He showed in the 2nd half of the season after he got his fitness up, that he was back to his best.

Lets give him what he deserves - he's a club champion x 2.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Apparently JJ failed to get an injury he was aware of correctly sorted before a holiday.

That decision stuffed up his presason and he was unable to perform well early.

Was unprofessional of him? If so, he should know better, especially as he was the Crichton Medallist. FFS they get paid a squillion to play football, they should honour the role.

I say give him 2 years also, but he needs to be made more aware of his responsibilities to his team.
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

At 29 surley he should have some idea of his responsibilities to the team?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

F111 wrote:Apparently JJ failed to get an injury he was aware of correctly sorted before a holiday.

Was unprofessional of him? If so, he should know better, especially as he was the Crichton Medallist. FFS they get paid a squillion to play football, they should honour the role.

I say give him 2 years also, but he needs to be made more aware of his responsibilities to his team.
First I've heard of it, but then I'm in Adelaide and hear squat most of the time. If that's the case, yes it's very unprofessional, although since it wasn't "publicised" it's hard to know whether to think much of it now, given we're at the other end of the year.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Evidently Soly and J.J. have both told their manager (who is the same person - can't remember his name) that they are both looking for another club and to start the process.

Personally I'd kep J.J. before Soly - dual B&F and still bleeds red and black - although it appears the red and black aint prepared to bleed for him!
:(
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i will be disgusted with Essendon if we end up loosing JJ :x
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Boyler_Room wrote:
F111 wrote:Apparently JJ failed to get an injury he was aware of correctly sorted before a holiday.

First I've heard of it, but then I'm in Adelaide and hear squat most of the time. If that's the case, yes it's very unprofessional, although since it wasn't "publicised" it's hard to know whether to think much of it now, given we're at the other end of the year.
It was mentioned more than once on the other BT forum.