Laycock signs for two years!!

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

beer-man wrote:one turns 22 in November, one is 29 in Jan. One has at least 8 years ahead of them and every club in the AFL sniffing around him, one will be 30 by the start of the 08 season.
One shows promise and talant to improve, one is starting to decline.

It dosen't stink, its just a fact of life if you ask me.
One has produced and One Hasn't
One is a Dual B & F winner and One isn't
One has repeatedly Shown they can play on the Big stage and the other one hasn't
One should be afforded Better Loyalty like the Other has been.

Sure Laycock is only 21/22 BUT apart from a couple of cameo's the Only Stat list he gets into is the "INJURY" one. JJ missed basically the entire pre-season with Injury, was dropped to the VFL for Bad form (partly at His request from accounts) and came back as good as ever. Even Helped cost West a Brownlow in RD 22 and had 41 possies V the Saints.

FWIW...I expect the club to come to the party and give him the 2 years he so richly deserves, bit IF they stick to their Guns and he leaves, but the likes of Reynolds, Henneman and Bolton are kept then this club needs a serious overhaul from the Top down...
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I was so relieved to hear this!!! Great news for the club. I was also rapt to hear that Lachie is staying for another year after his injury ruined season this year.

These players are still out of contract...
Bolts
Bradley
JJ
McPhee
Cartledge
Henno
Pev
Rama
Nashie
Solly
plus the remaining rookies
They can all go except for JJ, McPhee & Nash. Rama is still up in the air with illness
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

dodgey wrote:
beer-man wrote:one turns 22 in November, one is 29 in Jan. One has at least 8 years ahead of them and every club in the AFL sniffing around him, one will be 30 by the start of the 08 season.
One shows promise and talant to improve, one is starting to decline.

It dosen't stink, its just a fact of life if you ask me.
One has produced and One Hasn't
One is a Dual B & F winner and One isn't
One has repeatedly Shown they can play on the Big stage and the other one hasn't
One should be afforded Better Loyalty like the Other has been.

Sure Laycock is only 21/22 BUT apart from a couple of cameo's the Only Stat list he gets into is the "INJURY" one. JJ missed basically the entire pre-season with Injury, was dropped to the VFL for Bad form (partly at His request from accounts) and came back as good as ever. Even Helped cost West a Brownlow in RD 22 and had 41 possies V the Saints.

FWIW...I expect the club to come to the party and give him the 2 years he so richly deserves, bit IF they stick to their Guns and he leaves, but the likes of Reynolds, Henneman and Bolton are kept then this club needs a serious overhaul from the Top down...
Do you really think that it is a good idea to give someone who is slowing down and aparantly carrying an injury a two year contract based on loyalty???? Where is his loyalty in not accepting a one year contract because it is whats best for the side? He is nearly 29 and is slowing down. Let him sign the one year contract, prove us all wrong and sign another better one next year. By the start of next season he will be 30, what other spot can he fill in the side when he is pushed out of the midfield rotation?

The last thing we need is another player playing their last year of their expensive contract out in Bendigo.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I'm glad to see he's signed. We're going to need him over the next few years. He shows a lot of promise, let's just hope he can turn the potential into reality.

Now we just have to secure the services of a couple of other names on our list.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's great that Laycock has signed but it should only be a 1 year deal. He isn't worth 2 if he isn't on the field.