Solomon Wants Out

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
DYSON#2

Solomon Wants Out

Post by DYSON#2 »

on news its reported he told his manager to find him a new club.. fremantle reported to have shown intrest in him.

Solomon :arrow: Fremantle
Polak :arrow: Essendon :wink:
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I'd take that in a second, don't care if Polak has 2 strikes. Solly has been poor for 2 years, and should realise that if we are only offering JJ one, he sure as hell isn't getting two.

I also see Cole as a replacement for Solly. Not tough like Solly, but is quick and better skilled. May not see it yet, but if he gets fit, he could be a good player.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i like solly but i want the club to succeed more and solly can't help us
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

hmmmmmm...........im a solomon fan but that seems ok. Polak being on two strikes means nothing to us. Fact is, whether he had two strikes or no strikes, if he does anything like it, he will be gone.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

I wonder if some of his team mates might try and talk him around like when he wanted to goto Richmond!
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

I wonder if inside info on Rama's playing future is influencing his mindset.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Not surprised really but he has himself to blame. He has had 2 very poor years in what has been a poor bomber side. While he has some trade value i say got for it.

Solly for Polak sounds nice to me, or even a straight swap for Notting.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Solly for Polak sounds nice to me, or even a straight swap for Notting.
that would be a steal vingertje
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Soly is GORN - but I can't see us doing a straight swap for Polak.

Evidently Freo is keen for Soloman however we will have to offer up a bit more to secure Polak
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

They would be after something along the lines of Solly and Pick #19, wouldn't they?

Polak is younger, kpp and despite the issues had, definitely the type of player we need.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

chickster wrote:They would be after something along the lines of Solly and Pick #19, wouldn't they?

Polak is younger, kpp and despite the issues had, definitely the type of player we need.
They would be dreaming. They need a tough player like Solly, they are a soft team. Polak had trouble cracking into the team this year, so I would offer a straight swap. Our first 3 picks must be kept.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I dont think he wants out.... I think he just wants a mulitple contract.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Looking back, I reckon Solly is regretting his decision to stay two yrs ago. My theory is that his revealed poor form/attitude reflects his "unhappiness" at the club, for whatever reason. It will do him and the club good if they part ways, his holding out for two yr deal, in the knowledge that he won't get one, is a win/win exit strategy.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So long Solly, thanks for the good times and damn you for the bad ones. At least we won't have to put up with SOLOMAN in here anymore, but we may end up with POLOK.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:So long Solly, thanks for the good times and damn you for the bad ones. At least we won't have to put up with SOLOMAN in here anymore, but we may end up with POLOK.
Good all-rounder that Pollock. I always thought he played cricket for South Africa, but apparently he can play a bit of footy too 8) :lol: .
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Soloman for McManus!!!!!! :D
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I don't see why Freo should get Solly and a pick for Polak... Solly is a premiership player and until a few years ago was one of our best defenders. There is no way id deal with Freo if they want our #19.
mrredfox
High Draft Pick

Post by mrredfox »

Solly will make good trade bait. Not only is the draft a goldmine this year but the number of decent uncontracted players isnt bad, particularly with all the lions jumping the sinking ship.

Solly for Polak or Notting would certainly be fair and i think a bonus for us.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

I'd think Freo would want more than Solly, but we wouldn't let picks 18/20 go.

More like Solly + #36 for Polak. That would probably be pretty fair, and about the best we could hope for from Solly.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

I really don't understand Solly's attitude.

I think he needs to go look at his highlights tape of 05/06....it won't take long...and then have a good hard think whilst screwing his little heart out in Ibiza.