leunberger

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
tom9779
Club Captain

leunberger

Post by tom9779 »

have read a few 'rumour' reports, and the fact that sheedy apparently has had a yarn to him.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

i think he would be good at essendon ... and i see no problem having him along side in team which also had hille and laycock/ryder in it.

thoughts? would you draft him?
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

No need for another ruckman, we are ok in that department. We need to fraft in the areas that we are lacking in. CHB and in the middle. No point fixing what isn't broken. Hille/Laycock/Ryder should be a fine combo for us.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: leunberger

Post by ealesy »

tom9779 wrote:have read a few 'rumour' reports, and the fact that sheedy apparently has had a yarn to him.
Well nothing surprising there really. With the number 2 draft pick at his disposal it is Sheedy's job to speak anyone likely to go in the top 15-20 as a priority and then to anyone else that they've got their eyes on for later on in the draft as well.

Pretty much all the coaches will be talking to the like of Leunberger, Gibbs, Sellar, Hansen etc.

No-one thought Ryder would still be around at number 7 for us next year, but he was.

Personally myself I don't think a ruckman is that higher priority for us. I think we need a class midfielder or KP backman is what we are most in need of. Therefore depending on who Carlton take we will be grabbing Bryce Gibbs or Lachlan Hansen in my opinion.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Um...TOM! I will let you in on a little secret,Sheedy and Dodoro have spoken to 40 young players in the past 3 weeks! SHHHH!......... :evil:
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

dont need him, need a CHB
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

My gut feel is that he might be snapped up by Carlton at no 1.

Carlton have no ruckmen apart from McLaren and Deluca who have been in an out of the side because of form.

Given that I think Carlton will be torn between Leunberger and Gibbs. They do have some good midfielders in Stevens, Murphy, Simpson, Scotland and McGrath has also been pretty good for them too. So a good ruckman to feed them might be on the menu.

Both have been playing senior footy in their respective states.
Kanech
Top Up Player

Post by Kanech »

i think we need to pick up midfielders because our backline isn't as bad as everyone seems to think
if our midfield is getting smashed yes so does our defence because there is so much ball coming in to oposition forwards they dn't stan a chance every contest they win send it forward it just comes straight back if our midfield is firing our defence will stand up with them
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

hansen for sure
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

We could have Leunberger and Monfries in the same side...huh :lol: huh :lol:

I mean come on.... I hope it doesnt need explaining
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

And if we get Polak we get the coke too.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

nomolos wrote:We could have Leunberger and Monfries in the same side...huh :lol: huh :lol:

And if it does ... :oops:
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Berger and Fries Gats....
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Ahh lol thanks mate ;)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gatsid wrote:Ahh lol thanks mate ;)
#-o lol
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Gatsid wrote:
nomolos wrote:We could have Leunberger and Monfries in the same side...huh :lol: huh :lol:

And if it does ... :oops:

Oh my.... Gatsid :-k #-o :-k
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Come on cut me atleast a little slack it was 1 in the morning and i had worked 8 hours during the day. But yes I know it's still pretty bad.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

[quote="bombercol"].

Given that I think Carlton will be torn between Leunberger and Gibbs. They do have some good midfielders in Stevens, Murphy, Simpson, Scotland and McGrath has also been pretty good for them too.

[\quote]

Good you know the blues are in trouble when they players on that list are considered their 'pretty good' midfielders....and really Corey McGrath has been pretty good for them????!!!!

Prehaps in about 5 games over his 4 seasons there. I was annoyed when we let him go, but looking back on it now we sure as hell got the best out of that deal...and I thought Justin Murphy was a waste of space at the club for the majority of his time here.