Solomon Wants Out

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Don't know why everyone is sold on Polak. I seem to remember Lucas giving him the run around on numerous occasions. Plus he might start snorting the boundary line by mistake during a game. :wink:

He might surprise us a do a McPhee (the interstate transfer turned him from Jane into Tarzan) but I'm not convinced about his competitive streak. At least McPhee always had a bit of aggro about him, whereas Polak doesn't.

Solomon should just take a 1 year deal & prove all the doubters wrong - otherwise let him go. I have no doubt that Williams would love him at Port to take over the Dimma shit stirrer, hard nut role in their backline.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Freo can't ask much for Polak as they obviously do'n't rate him too highly as he never seems to get a gig.
Kanech
Top Up Player

Post by Kanech »

take what we can get for him i say hopefully its someone decent if not we're no worse off i reckon
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Isn't polak out of contract? why dont we just wait till the pre-season draft then grab him there. I think solly is still a required player and will improve again.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

The las titme he improved being ??? :| :|
Makaveli wrote:Isn't polak out of contract? why dont we just wait till the pre-season draft then grab him there. I think solly is still a required player and will improve again.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Why would we offer a pick and Solomon for Polak? I'd be asking for Polak and a pick for Solomon. He's a premiership player and star defender. Yes, he's had a couple of low years but so have we as a team. Probably his two worst years at the club have been our worst two years in the last ten.

Polak couldn't get a game this season. Solomon played almost every game. I also think he gets a bad rap. He was raped by the umpires a lot this year. Gave away a lot of frees that weren't even there.. just so happened that his name is Solomon, he has a bad reputation as a "tough" player and umpires jumped on him even when he was perfectly within the rules.
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

Personally I don't want Solomon traded at all!!!...... We lost out big time when we let Hardwick go because we didn't want to cave to his contract demands!!! IMO we should hold on to Solomon and should move heaven and earth to keep a two time club champion like JJ who showed late this year that when he's fit he's an awesome asset to the team!!!..... IF we have to trade Solly we'd better get some gun for him because not only is he a valuable player to us but is very respected around the club and it's not often you gain when you trade players like that!! Give em' both two years and be done with it!!!..... concentrate on getting good young kids in the draft and forget about other teams rejects!!!
Kanech
Top Up Player

Post by Kanech »

i agree to moving heaven and earth to keep jason a the club would be one of the worst things to happen at essendon since i have been following if he was let go BUT solly has had his time i think he should go as i already stated earler we can't expect much for him imo
yes he played almost every game this year but i dont think there was a whle lot of fighting for laces in a team that won only three games versus polak getting only a few games in a top 4-5 side hardly a fair comparison if we could get notting that would be a fantastic trade for us and if not i say take a chance on polak
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Or just watch the 04 replays and do that again. Seriously I think Solomon can be a top player ala 3rd in B&F 2004. And I rated him highly that season but has showed lil in the last two and if he doesnt want it enough or wants a change in scenrio then I'd be happy with a straight swap with Polak.Would give pick 36 in worst case. Both palyers are a risk.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

uptick wrote:The las titme he improved being ??? :| :|
Makaveli wrote:Isn't polak out of contract? why dont we just wait till the pre-season draft then grab him there. I think solly is still a required player and will improve again.
01/02
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Solomon is a victim of the new Football style we see now.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Solomon is a victim of the new Football style we see now.
Perhaps you're right, but hard nuts like Byron Pickett are able to adapt.
hird22
Regular Senior Player

Post by hird22 »

Pickett has 10x the pace of soloman, so that's a stupid comparsion.
he just needs a FULL and soild pre season and he'll be fine.
when's the last time he's had an uninterupted pre season injury wise? i think 2004. where he averaged something like 24 possesions a game and was good all year.
don't write him off
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hird22 wrote:Pickett has 10x the pace of soloman, so that's a stupid comparsion.
he just needs a FULL and soild pre season and he'll be fine.
when's the last time he's had an uninterupted pre season injury wise? i think 2004. where he averaged something like 24 possesions a game and was good all year.
don't write him off
What's pace got to do with brains? Pickett suffered significantly due to the AFL clamping down on the bump. He was the scapegoat for new rule changes and Port Adelaide thought it was the end of his career. Pickett was able to adapt his game and produce a great season for Melbourne. It has absolutely nothing to do with pace. It has everything to do with brains.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Keep JJ for one more year I think. Boot Solly
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

very undisciplined all year. would not be worried if he got traded
fordmania
Top Up Player

Post by fordmania »

CameronClayton wrote:Don't know why everyone is sold on Polak. I seem to remember Lucas giving him the run around on numerous occasions. Plus he might start snorting the boundary line by mistake during a game. :wink:
That last line cracked me up. :lol:

Maybe, the last 2 years, Solly hasn't forgiven himself by not going somewhere else because he may have had enough of Sheedy by then or he could see we were going down hill then.

IMO, let him go to Freo but make sure we get a good deal out of it.
When does Beer taste the best? When it's for FREE!!!