mark bolton to adelaide

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

mark bolton to adelaide

Post by andrewb »

Apparently Adelaide are interested in Bolts.

My tip: He goes to the Crows and under the guidance of Craig and without the weight of expectation of being essendon's #4 pick becomes a real player. He always gives 100% and follows game plans well. I think he will be a real asset to the crows. Good luck to him if this trade goes through - I hope he proves bombers supporters wrong.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

HA HA HA

Good one andrew.

Mark Bolton will be nothing more than an average AFL footballer who struggles to have any positive impact on a game simply because he does not have a footy brain.

How is that you think Neil Craig can teach him how to become a decent AFL footballer when Sheedy hasn't.

Afterall Sheedy has alot of history and success backing him, so far Neil Craig has merely managed to take the Crows to back to back preliminary finals.

Besides Bolton would struggle to get a game at the Crows seeing they've already got a player who plays exactly the same role as him, only far better in Brett Burton...I really can't see why the Crows would be interested in him!!
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

Adelaide also after Jay Nash
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

They are more than welcome to Bolton - half a warm VB will do - but they aint getting Nash. That kid plays balls out. He's quick with awesome skills. They can have Reynolds if they like.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Not surprised that Adelaide is after Nash. He hails from SA, but thankfully he's followed the Bombers all his life. Nash is very much required player at Bomberland.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

if Solly goes, Nash is required even more IMO. Solidly built, good skills and reasonably quick.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Do the Deal NOW,Bolton for Skipworth in a heartbeat!!!!!....... :evil:
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Bolton was ok this year, so we should expect something half reasonable in return if he is offered up. Skipworth, don't know. His size is a problem, is fairly short.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Pffft, Adelaide must have a middle distance running comp they want to do well in. Essendon are just messing with my head. I bet I have to put up with him for at least another two years.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Some excellent athletics facilities in Adelaide.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

I'd swap Bolton for pick 48.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I would swap Bolton for a ham.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

leave him along guys im with andrewb, well said mate, he gives it his all every game. good luck to him whereever he is in 2007
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I like Bolts, but if the right deal came up, then we gotta take it. He wont get any better with us, so see what we can get for him.

He was not our worst player this year, but always cops a heap for it.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I don't necessarily like Bolts, but i respect him as much as you can respect a player of his calibre. But i doubt he'd go to Adelaide and have any sort of impact; as has been pointed out, he has one of the worst football brains in the AFL, and has had for quite some time.

Antcl's suggestion of Bolton for Adelaide's 3rd pick, which would be around number 48, is close to the mark i think.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Anybody got a clue on Skipworth or jericho? I have seen a bit of Jerico and dont think he is much chop, what about skipworth? Whats he like?
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I would take Skipworth for Bolton anyday of the week. Skipworth was best on ground in the recent SANFL grand final. He's played 42 games and struggled with injuries this year however he did play 21 games the year before.

An interesting stat is that he has received 6 Brownlow votes which shows that he has the potential to have impact, not just be an also ran like Bolton who only has 4 career Brownlow votes.

Some of you have short memories, Jericho did kick 4 goals against us last year. However he is not in the same league as Skipworth in terms of value and potential.

Bolton for Skipworth.

f*** yes.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I tend to agree - Skipworth can add bite around the packs and around the goals. Whereas Bolts is a low possession minding player who can do a job occasionally.
The only aspect of this trade i don't like is we're getting rid of some height which we may need in defence , although i can't remember Bolts playing too many key defensive roles this year. They were more "run with" type stopping roles.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Skipworth would be a good pick-up. Had a pretty good year last year and kicked multiple goals on a few occasions.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Reported in the paper today that Adelaide has said they have no interest in Bolton and that would certainly make sense to me.

Sorry Mark but looks like you will be struggling for a spot on an AFL list next year!!!'

Should've taken that deal to go the Blues last year, with the team full of uber hacks they have, he would seemed like a freaking superstar!!!