BREAKING NEWS ON SEN!!

For all things non Essendon related, tell us how much you hate the Blues, Pies, etc.
Filthy

BREAKING NEWS ON SEN!!

Post by Filthy »

JJ a Bomber on for 2 year contract ...signed and done.
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Good news
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Good to hear. Hope he can put the mess behind him and have a big year.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

and about f****** time..... Should never have been allowed to drag on like this when the club probably knew that they would offer him 2 years anyway :roll:
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Spot on Dodge. Why drag it out and then give him 2 years? Great news though. Don't want to see Bomber champions play at other clubs.

Maybe they wanted to see what he would bring at trade time.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Looks like Solly is guaranteed to be traded then. Hope we can get something good in return.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

The JJ matter should never have been allowed to drag out this long.

He won the B&F last year, and he has carried the midfield on his back for about the past 6 years or so.

He deserved two years.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

dodgey wrote:and about f****** time..... Should never have been allowed to drag on like this when the club probably knew that they would offer him 2 years anyway :roll:
As we have spoken about Dodge, I reckon it was a subtle kick in the arse for JJ going off on holiday last year with an injury which stuffed him up for half the season. :wink:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Good to see him get what he deserves.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Why is everyone finding it so freaking hard to work out why the JJ situation has 'dragged' out for so long??!!

It's really pretty damn simple!!

It's the best draft in years, it's in the club's long term interest to get as many high draft picks as possible.

Every club has only 2, maybe 3 players that are truly untouchable, at Essendon they are Lloyd and Fletcher. Everyone else is fair game if a deal too good to refuse comes along!!

The club did it's duty in shopping JJ around, we had to see what we could get for him, because he probably has 2-3 years left in him, but if we could get a top 10 draft pick for him in this draft then we greatly increased our chances of being able to snare a young kid who could go on a play 200 games for us!!

No-one were able to offer us anything that made us want to part ways with JJ, so we gave him the 2 year deal that he wanted, even though he still only really deserved 1 for his actions last pre-season and resultantly pathetic first half of the 2006 H & A season!!

Simple really when you think about...instead of just going JJ = good Essendon guy, getting rid of him = bad!!!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Sensational news. Deserves it. Always given his all for our club and with two B&F's (yes?) he is up there with our best of the last decade.

Frankly when I heard that he'd only been offered one year I was horrified. What an insult.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Here here to the good news.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Good news.

Now hurry the hell up and do a decent deal for Solomon.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Good news.

Soloman can take the one year, be traded or enter the PSD as far as im concerned. he has done nothing in the past 2 yeaers to suggest he is deserving of a 2 year contract.

Glad we wrapped up JJ, hopefully we can trade Solly to Freo for someone decent or at least someone young with potential. Drum, Polak even Medhurst come to mind.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

[quote="ealesy"]Why is everyone finding it so freaking hard to work out why the JJ situation has 'dragged' out for so long??!!

It's really pretty damn simple!!

It's the best draft in years, it's in the club's long term interest to get as many high draft picks as possible.

Every club has only 2, maybe 3 players that are truly untouchable, at Essendon they are Lloyd and Fletcher. Everyone else is fair game if a deal too good to refuse comes along!!

The club did it's duty in shopping JJ around, we had to see what we could get for him, because he probably has 2-3 years left in him, but if we could get a top 10 draft pick for him in this draft then we greatly increased our chances of being able to snare a young kid who could go on a play 200 games for us!!

No-one were able to offer us anything that made us want to part ways with JJ, so we gave him the 2 year deal that he wanted, even though he still only really deserved 1 for his actions last pre-season and resultantly pathetic first half of the 2006 H & A season!!

Simple really when you think about...instead of just going JJ = good Essendon guy, getting rid of him = bad!!![/quote]

Nice post Ealesy especially your last line
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Sol wrote:

Soloman can take the one year, be traded or enter the PSD as far as im concerned. he has done nothing in the past 2 yeaers to suggest he is deserving of a 2 year contract.

Glad we wrapped up JJ, hopefully we can trade Solly to Freo for someone decent or at least someone young with potential. Drum, Polak even Medhurst come to mind.
I think you misunderstood me Sol; when i say "hurry the hell up and do a decent deal for Solomon", i didn't mean sign him on to a new contract like JJ. I meant something along the lines of "for f***'s sake, trade Solomon if anybody offers anything above a bag of Doritos and 4 litres of Coolabah moselle for him".

I do not want Solomon at Essendon next year.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Sol wrote:

I think you misunderstood me Sol; when i say "hurry the hell up and do a decent deal for Solomon", i didn't mean sign him on to a new contract like JJ. I meant something along the lines of "for f***'s sake, trade Solomon if anybody offers anything above a bag of Doritos and 4 litres of Coolabah moselle for him".

I do not want Solomon at Essendon next year.
Yap I misunderstood ya.

Im not that keen to get rid of him though. I still think he is a very good player, but was given jobs not suited to him last year which frustrated him. But no matter the excuse, he had a shocker of a year and wants a two year contract which we will rightfully not offer more than 1, so I hope we move him on for something of value rather than lose him to the PSD.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Agree with you Sol. Must get get something for Solomon - Anything rather than just the PSD
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

If we can't get Polak, i wouldn't mind getting Johnson from the cats. I think we have guys who can take Solly's spot, Nash or Cole especially. Need to get something for him, and not let him walk into the PSD.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

Deal WILL be done tomorrow....Dean Soloman to Fremantle and Essendon get young Marcus Drum(NOT BAD AT ALL) and a pick...... :evil: